New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Naz,
just popping in here, after many almost sleepless nights because I just seem to get busier and busier on the computer (no loss of inner peace of mind though) and since I feel this forum is just a wonderful life support system and I really feel you all are friends, maybe you can help me out here with the Mars/Sun thing. How does one go about strengthening the Mars/Sun you were talking about were food is concerned, to keep healthy physically (I mean, what foods) and at the same time get the proper amount of sleep one needs so that the mind doesn't go mental? You know Mars stimulates yet I think I OUGHT to be worried about not sleeping so much, because the last time everything went totally wrong, but it does not FEEL as though I need to be worried, I'm already selfpacing (pacing down) with the meditations, cuz currently they 're just crying meditations (Neptune) anyway. (This could very well be due to 1) either a new technique of quickening purification I implemented only ever so little after I read Yogani's lesson on that (forgot the sanskrit term again of course), or 2) the fact that the previous New Moon was right conjunct Pluto and the Galactic Center, calling for evolution or ) both Anyway if you or anybody has any experience with solids, liquids or vitamins (I am taking extra vitamin C) or if you think I should go out and walk more in order to get the sleep, well, I guess what I am asking is SHOULD I be worried about not sleeping so much?
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  10:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement.
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  5:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doc: In my above messages I’ve given the basic guidelines on how to produce a chart compatible with what I consider to be a working system. I might further elucidate the mathematical and astronomical details if the need is obvious for that. Now, however, what I’d like to focus on, is to get the people to understand and experience the difference planetary energies make in the way their life goes on all its levels. If a person is not able to understand and discriminate this at least very vaguely, the further investigation into the mathematical and other details of a chart would be a purely intellectual game and mostly a waste of time.

If, nevertheless, you feel someone is being deprived of some good knowledge because of inability to produce a chart based on my concise guidelines, you are very much welcome to give a detailed step-by-step instruction of how to do it. For a person of your skills I don’t believe there should be any problem to achieve the desired result based on my short description. If you get stuck or make some mistakes I would willingly correct you, provided you publish your step-by-step guide here.

As to ‘verifying the validity’ of what I tell, it’s not an easy thing to do unless you have some energy vision. If the knowledge I present was easily verifiable in a scientific and logical way recognized by the objective approach of contemporary western science, I’d have presented it to the world long time back. The things I ‘see’ are the dominant energy currents of a living person, which directs his/her attention to me (or whose energy behaviour is the object of my attention). I see only the dominant currents (and not the whole structure of one’s chart). It’s easier for me to distinguish the energy quality, than to distinguish the quality of the house. Sometimes I make mistakes when relating my energy experience to the structure of the chart. Misidentifications of the energy quality are not very often, but those of the house quality do happen from time to time. It’s not that the vision is bad, but it’s rather that my intellect is occasionally too noisy to interpret it purely and correctly into the language of the chart (of course you do understand, that I do not see energy in the form of direct graphical representation of one’s chart including all the symbols of planets etc.). Also, the vision by itself drains my energy, it requires certain level of inner silence, or emptiness, which is not achieved instantly. So, in other words, I am not able to clearly see the energy of everyone at any given moment in unlimited amounts. It’s more like having to wait a certain time to gather certain potential, which can then be used for certain (limited) amount of vision. The use of this potential is directed by my general intention to achieve higher wisdom. So, if you wanted to check my vision on a purely logical and objectively verifiable level, the thing you might start with is to let me identify the energy and house of someone’s dominant energy and later see if it coincides with the chart of that person, produced accordingly to my advice. In my vision I’d be rather sure about the dominant energy quality (one of the 12 available to humans, which are represented by 12 Rashis), but any of the reviewed (available) energy qualities is present in every chart, and it’s not visible from a chart in a mathematical way which one is currently the dominant for a given person (the dominant energies are chosen personally through your way of thinking, unconsciously or consciously). The only point at which you could build an objective verification is the connection of the dominant energy with the house quality. And, as I mentioned above, preliminary mistakes in house quality identification are more likely for me; also, house identification drains my energy much more. I often see what caused my preliminary misidentification after examining a mathematically calculated chart of a person in question. But I think if I made it a real aim to be achieved, I’d positively identify a rather high percentage of charts (which would statistically prove the presence of a vision to be very highly probable). That would take some time, as for house identification I would require about a day per person. I don’t know if some scientifically minded people would be interested to make such an experiment. Also, for the results to be accurate, the time of birth of examined persons would have to be known within 5-10 minutes from the real. Otherwise, the mathematically produced charts would show differently from my vision.

Such a mathematical verification could be an interesting game to play. I am positive about it if someone wants to try it. Yet, the most valuable things about the subject of my vision are the endless possibilities which open for conscious control and deep understanding of the underlying mechanics of one’s fate. They involve hundreds of phenomena, which, to my best knowledge, are only available through developed vision. They include the ability to discern and comprehend the finer and finer details of how the energies work in our lives to express our karma in many-fold ways. The understanding comes as you direct your attention to certain areas. Samyama with planetary energies is the tool to control these phenomena.

As I mentioned, my vision capacity is limited and is not instantly gained. The depth of vision and the quality of details depends on how much attention (which accordingly to the above explanations would actually mean ‘how much time’) I direct to certain area. Speaking of my own psyche, or the phenomena I contemplate for a long time, I have a very large number of discoveries (or more light around, so to say). Many of these discoveries seem to be universal, and applicable to anybody else’s psyche. That is what I’d be willing to share with the other people in order for them to use their own vision for further elaboration of these phenomena.

Yoginstar: your sleeping disorders are caused by the Moon energy being not full in your chart. They are not normal. Moon is your dominant energy. Moon is auspicious and placid when full. The more it wanes, the less auspicious it becomes. When it is less than a half, it would become more inauspicious than auspicious, and when fully dark, it would be fully inauspicious. It has the same energy quality at all the times. What changes is the sharpness, or the swing it has according to the different phases of the Moon. Auspicious Moon is consistent and consecutive in comparing and reevaluating; being a movable (chara) energy, it swings softly between the points of comparison it goes to (or which it brings from your karmic field), retaining a full energy control, accessibility and vision of everything within its swing. The less full it becomes, the sharper and wider its swing would be. It would bring into the light of your attention things from the levels of your karmic field, which are further and further from each other, your attention potential would not be able to bridge them simultaneously. That would make you nervous, excessively worried, prone to falling down (in all the aspects, starting from the physical and going into the mental and spiritual). That would bring you insomnia and occasional attacks of fear. Your interest in the phases of Moon is also caused by that. Moon is the queen of the manas world. It rules dreaming and soma. Dark Moon would fetch the forces from the depth of the ocean of manas, which you are not ready to handle yet. Being not able to hold what you just fished out from the ocean of your samskaras, you’d drop it away, lose it in a way, having, nevertheless glimpsed into some of it. That would make you nervous and bereft of sleep. You’d be haunted by the piercing vision of the thing you’ve caught into the spotlight of your attention, having no power to digest (illuminate) it fully.

Mars, or Sun, as well as any other energy can be strengthened through deep and permanent Samyama with the celestial body, which is the carrier of this energy. You’ll get results accordingly to the placement of the mentioned celestial body in your chart. Mars gives best results at the cusp of the 3rd house, with slight inclination towards the 2nd. Sun should be placed in MC, with slight inclination towards the 9th. Other more or less acceptable locations for Mars are: 6th (incl. to 7th), 10th (incl. to 11th), and 11th (incl. to 10th) houses. The remaining locations would bring you a lot of harm. For Sun acceptable in approximate order of auspiciousness from more to less are 9th (incl. to 10th), 1st (to 2nd), 11th (to 10th), 2nd (to 1st), 3rd (to 2nd). Other will bring you a lot of harm.

If your Sun or Mars (or any other energy) need to be strengthened and are not auspiciously placed in your chart, you may find a star from any constellation with the qualities you are looking for. If this star is auspiciously placed you can do Samyama with this star and get the results you need. You may also use full constellations, Nakshatras, or asteroids in the same way. If you use celestial bodies different from the planets of Septern and the 12 basic Rashis, please take into account that their bandwidth is different from the above (Septern and 12 Rashis) and different from each other between the groups (i.e. bandwidth of Nakshatras is different from the one of asteroids, and different from the one of single stars). If you simultaneously activate energies of different bandwidth the one that is closer to the bandwidth of the Septern would prevail, overshadowing the others. So, if you want to activate several energies simultaneously, see that their bandwidth is comparable.

Another way (a more limited one) to get certain energy manifested in your psyche, is to use the stone corresponding to that energy. The energy of the stone would be imposed over the carrying energy currently active in your chart, going parallel with it (not overshadowing it completely). This method is much easier to accomplish than the deep Samyama (I actually doubt that any of the people participating in the discussion here would have the mastery of Samyama sufficient for deliberate and exact activation of desired energy patterns, but I encourage you to try it, you have to start with something, make your first step). For Yoginstar the best stone energy I would recommend to smooth the not full Moon is the Mercury, which can be activated by wearing the emeralds (or chrysoprase, which is an incomparably less expensive semi-precious stone and gives, accordingly to my experience, the results just as good as emeralds, maybe just a very little bit less pure and deep).

* I also have on my mind the more detailed explanation of how the I AM mantra works, as it works differently for different people, and is capable of bringing rather bad results to some (about 1/4 of the average statistical distribution of practitioners; it would be rather auspicious for about 1/2 of the general mass and both moderately auspicious and inauspicious for another quarter). This message is already very long, so let’s leave this for another time. A general idea to mention here is: any bija mantra, names of miscellaneous deities, and most of other mantras (I AM and OM (AUM) being some of them) have their results according to the nativity of the person. I AM is the most auspicious mantra for Yogani (I’ll explain why based on his nativity), but not necessarily for anyone else.

Edited by - Naz on Dec 29 2006 12:49:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  3:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Naz:

"In my above messages I’ve given the basic guidelines on how to produce a chart compatible with what I consider to be a working system. I might further elucidate the mathematical and astronomical details if the need is obvious for that. As to ‘verifying the validity’ of what I tell, it’s not an easy thing to do unless you have some energy vision."

Naz:

I am disappointed that my repeated request for more information, regarding both the origins of the numbering system used, and the method of calculations employed in generating a chart, as a way of verifying your interpretations, doesn't constitute an obvious reason to address these two key factors.

I can only surmise, as a result, that what you do is essentially an intuitive psychic reading and interpretation of the Chart Aspects and Planetary Energy Dynamics that you speak of. Is this correct?

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Dec 29 2006 3:33:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doc: I’ve never produced a chart with a pen and paper in my hands, or with a table of ephemeris of planets. When I started to study different schools of Astrology (and I started to do it from about 1996, trying to find an intellectually accessible and structureable language system to describe and classify the psychic energy readings I had since my birth in this life) I was already very familiar with the computer technology and there was no need for me to go deeply into the mathematical procedures. I used the available software which generated charts accordingly to miscellaneous systems. My task was to find a system (if it existed) which would be as close as possible to my psychic readings. I’ve found such a calculation system after a few years of experiments, multiple verifications and observations: it’s “sidereal (not tropical) Zodiac, ayanamsa by Lahiri, SriPati Bhava system”, as I pointed in my message from December the 10th.

What I hoped for in the beginning years of my study of astrology was to find systematic explanations and further teachings (or teachers) to better master and understand my visions. What I actually found was a lot of mess (often idle talk or open fraud, or illusions of people who, in my view, never understood the actual meaning of information clusters and calculations they played with their whole life), among which the useful knowledge was occasionally scattered. But the mathematical part as described above works perfectly well to produce an exact chart corresponding to my energy readings in smallest details – I’ve verified it thousands of times. Actually by now I don’t even remember very well right away from my head all the mathematical details involved into hand-made calculation of a chart, though I’d studied them at some distant point in the past to have a clear understanding of the calculation theory underlying the charts I generate with the help of a computer. If the need for further examination and review of these details would arise in context of my quest for spiritual wisdom, I’d refresh my memories and return to the mathematical points. Your interest in numbering system used and details of calculation method, however, does not seem to awaken such a need. You’ll easily find all the information I could give you also in general astrological literature. It would even be better presented and enriched by examples of calculations. There’s nothing special about it which would require my personal involvement. On the other hand, the information on connection of the astrological patterns with the Samyama, or other details (there are many of those, which I haven’t yet even touched here) relating to energy experience and ways to influence the working of your chart are not available in any astrological literature of today, or are available in highly messed up and misinterpreted form. Here I see my mission in elucidating and formulating the knowledge I possess, because (unfortunately for me) I seem to be, as Yogani promptly described it “one of the only ones who possess this knowledge”. What I would be very happy to find is at least one more person who would share the level of my vision and who would be able to competently identify and address the challenges and questions of this level, which I am facing. I have a slight hope that through trying to share my knowledge with people who are not aware of this area (like the public of this forum) I would produce some positive karma, which would in future give me an opportunity to contact more people (or beings) of my level of experience.

Edited by - Naz on Dec 29 2006 4:39:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  5:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Naz:

OK. I understand your personal priorities. But in all of your deep consideration and investigation of more subtle and obtuse elements of astrology, along the 'road less traveled', haven't you ever wondered what kind of impact the chosen mathematical numbering system has on every other part of the system as a whole?

For example, how might the charts vary both in overall scope, and in their specific interpretation, when a 'Decimal Numbering System' is used for the calculations, a 'Base 10 System', as compared to a 'Sexagesimal Numbering System' or 'Base 60 System'? A choice was made to select one 'system' over all others available for some reason.

I am always curious to know what the rationale was behind such choices and decisions, because it seems to be the core foundation upon which everything else is built, and upon which everything else depends for accurate and meaningful readings and interpretations.

Just some food for thought!

Hari OM!

Doc

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  5:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Naz,
Well I don't really know if I can contribute to this thread at all as the lineage I am part of does not even teach samyama.As a result I still don't understand the technique as I have been told by my teacher that samyama is an automatic part of our system.As regards meditation I find that 99% of my meditations result in samadhi within a short space of time sometimes lasting for 2 hrs at a time with no negative results or signs of over prurification so I guess my teachings seem to be pointing in the right direction.I must point out that many of the techniques of AYP are regarded as being redundant and the ones that are taught(spinal breathing being one)are taught in a different way although I am not decrying the AYP methods.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  6:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,
quote:
I must point out that many of the techniques of AYP are regarded as being redundant and the ones that are taught(spinal breathing being one)are taught in a different way although I am not decrying the AYP methods.

I am a bit confused now.... if the system you practice includes deep meditation, and spinal breathing, then surely that doesn't leave many AYP teachings left to be redundant? Or have I missed something? Maybe there was a button that I didn't click on with all the amazing teachings in it. I can only see that Samyama is left out, or were you meaning tantric sex as well? Do you know why the techniques that are regarded as being redundant are viewed in this way in your system?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 29 2006 6:50:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2006 :  7:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Simply because I practice Kundalini Maha Yoga which uses direct awakening of the Kundalini by shaktipat.This system encompasses all forms of yoga historically which means that results of other practices are automatically experienced.The technique of mantra meditation is identical to TM or AYP but the mantras are different in somuch as they have the energy of the siddha guru imbued in them giving faster results.Having worked within the energy healing field before starting serious meditation practices I became very sensitive to energy.The first mantra I was given by my teacher came with the intiation to the mantra which is by way of energy exchange.Even before I could recite the mantra or pronounce it correctly I simply read the words that I had scribbled on paper to practice them while at work.The first time I read the words my face lit up with the tingling sensation from the energy within.An amazing experience.The only other pranayam I use is Anulom vinom which is regarded as one of the best all round pranayams in any system.The only Tantra techniques I am aware of that have been 'borrowed' many years ago are the spinal breathing using the bija akshar seed mantras for each specific chakra.Incidentally Guruji was a high level Tantra yogi before he met Dhyanyogi and received shaktipat.He maintains that the KMY way is more efficient than the Tantra way.When he received shaktipat it took 7 yrs for him to assimilate the energies and reach enlightenment.Within the KMY system there are several mantras which are given as one reaches progressive stages and each replaces each other in turn.Also the progress is boosted by the energies of the siddha guru which can be tapped into during meditation.
L&L
Dave

Edited by - riptiz on Dec 30 2006 11:07:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  12:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Naz, you really do want the exact birthcharts.
And then we can move from there.
Greetz!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  1:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just addressing a few misconceptions in this thread:
Yukteswar was quite deeply involved with astrology, but he said it is not understood by math and charts alone. It requires a deep connection with subtle energies that of course is not achieved through astrology. so therefore, his teachings to Yogananda were not dominated by astrological influence, and Yogananda chose not to emphasize it also.

A drawback of math and charts in astrology is that much of the knowledge people follow was written long ago, when the planets and stars were in different positions than they are now, and so those methods bring wrong results for today. Astronomers have commented that astrological charts are based upon positions of planets and stars that are no longer accurate. Charting methods would have to be updated by an expert astronomer to be accurate.

Karma is not something we are stuck with forever. It is energies that are stuck to our bodies, both physical and energetic. (hence clinical death would not change Karma, and suicide will cause one to return with the same Karma, with the additional bad karma of suicide added on),
but when following consistent practices such as AYP, they are slowly removed. The removal is implemented by raising of consciousness, which forgives past mistakes at the same time as creating an environment in which they won't happen again. Of course we can always choose to regress, and that is why enlightenment is usually not permanent achievement. Freedom of choice includes bad ones. The reason clinical death often changes people is not from change of karma, but from realization of mortality, the hard way.

Karma is also removed by the grace of God, in small chunks, as we progress on the path with our consistent practices. This has happened to me several times. It happens in my sleep, and i wake up knowing I am a different person than I was, for no apparent reason, except an almost imperceptible lingering of an infinitely peaceful touch of grace. This is brought on not by "being good" or "making God happy", but by consistent practice.

Enlightenment is nothing like knowledge or wisdom. It is not something that is gained or owned or experienced. I agree however that once one reaches it, we can always regress.
I have also seen people going around with the illusion of bliss, but that is not what we are gaining here. People under that illusion can be knocked out of it into full depression on a moments notice. The bliss we gain from consistent practice is unshakable. Of course further effort may be necessary to make it last longer.

One final note: It is not necessary to study endlessly on millions of words, gaining more and more knowledge to be on a valid spiritual path.
Nothing against anyone who wishes to do that, as some have that propensity, but words and reality are two different things; abstraction of reality is not the same as reality, and simple practices can advance us on a spiritual path where profound comprehension doesn't need words.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 14 2007 7:57:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  5:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish:

One final note: It is not necessary to study endlessly on millions of words, gaining more and more knowledge to be on a valid spiritual path.

Nothing against anyone who wishes to do that, as some have that propensity, but words and reality are two different things; abstraction of reality is not the same as reality, and simple practices can advance us on a spiritual path where profound comprehension doesn't need words.

Hi Etherfish!

Thank you for an excellent post! I totally agree with your above quoted comments. More is not necessarily better than less. If anything, I tend to feel that great strength and value is often found in simplicity. The more complicated things become, the more likely they also are to fail in some way over time.

Human minds and egos, however, show a marked penchant for intellectually complicating everything, usually with a smug inner sense of grandiose sophistication and mental superiority in doing so.

Your observation regarding the antiquated inaccuracies of the planetary reference data used by most astrologers to cast charts is very interesting. Perhaps somebody with a background of education and experience in both astrology and astronomy will undertake an update of the ephemeris data base. That would be cool!

I also very much agree that karma may be removed by the Grace of God through a well structured and consistently motivated Sadhana. I would add in this regard, that the spiritual attraction and motivation to pursue such learning and practicing towards that end is itself realized by the Grace of God from the outset. A gift of Divine Providence which reflects God's Love and Compassion for humanity.

I feel that this is one way in which God gently calls us to renewed Union in the Sacred Presence, Power, and Wisdom of Divine Consciousness.

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Jan 14 2007 5:06:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  8:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Addendum to Naz:
no 1) (more to follow I guess:-)
One of the problems we seem to have in communicating is that I really dont even WANT to speak vedic astrology, yet I have no choice but to learn what it is that you are saying. So I'm doing some calculations here.
The general assumptions you have (as do all yogi's from India I suppose) is that the MOON is the DOMINANT force for my predicament.
In truth, we need to desperately get some new systems to work, for the dark of the Moon to which you refer, is death itself. Full blast not Full Moon.
So would you be prepared to just as a thesis for some change, accept the fact that in western astrology, we do use Uranus, Neptune and Pluto because of our common wish to move up a level or 2? In YOUR particular kind of language (I assume, I'm not entirely sure), that would mean that you could change position somewhat with the quadrature wheels that you all use in India, for in western astrology we've changed it to circles and not sliced up in 12 segments of 30 degrees each as Perfection is out of the Question.

One solution for us to learn to speak each other's language a bit better is that I propose you use for a change, just as an experiment, the nadir of the chart as the starting point. Not the Ascendant or Horizon or whatever it is that you use in sidereal astrology. In doing so, do NOT use the MOON as the dominant factor , but go opposite to the Midheaven, or Zenith if you so wish, ruled by Capricorn in the NATURAL chart of the west (where Aries is the first sign and rising).

This would imply, that SATURN takes over from the Moon, and thus the cycles of time of Saturn indicate the true start of each cycle, not the Lunar cycles so much.
They are far too fickle and unreliable, and besides, emotional.
As you can see from my condition btw...

Adapting to your language and I am not at all sure whether this is ever going to get us anywhere, but never mind, my suggestion (and the way I live my life as a western astrologer) is NOT based on the MOON, if I speak of the individualized level. For the GENERIC background you are correct. But the GENERIC background is getting us all into trouble together and I'm bleeding heavily for that knowledge already. The more INDIVIDUALIZED and transpersonal level, is just reversing it, moving up and accept that the Moon is dominant on the biological level, but Saturn is dominant on the Transpersonal level or Higher Samyama level. Now I understand you are not going to accept that so easily, which could be a darn good thing...

So this was just a first comment on the first alinea of what you were suggesting re weak Mars issues (which in fact are true).
I may get back to you at another time on the remainder of your teachings.
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  10:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here’s a link to the little illustration I made to graphically represent the energy planes, which can be activated through samyama with corresponding objects -- http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/11...67170_rs.jpg

As by my observation so far, any kind of Samyama always activates some (one, several, or all) of these 12 energies. Depending on their placement in a person’s specific chart, the results would have their bearing on the way one’s karma is manifested within time. As we see, each of the 3 planes includes 4 energies pertaining to elementals (fire, water, earth and air). The higher plane can be specified to carry the more sublime aspects of these qualities (ether, oil, metal (iron), and wood), while the lower one would encompass the darker ones. The structure encompasses 3 squares. The Tamasic square is identical with the lower plane (top right corner of the picture), while the Rajasic and Sattvic ones span across two planes each, including the basic, as well as the sublime aspects of the two elementals they rely upon. Sattva is based on Fire+Water, Rajas is on Air+Earth.

The illustration is a result of years of observation. I feel it is the time to bring it out. It shows many important connections and rules which are not clearly outlined in the astrological literature of today. There is a specific quality of relationship between energies pertaining to each of the 4 axes of the structure, as well as between the individual planes and across specific nodes. The scheme is very helpful in classifying the energy perception experiences that can be developed through proper samyama. It explains many things an inquisivive investigator would come across on his/her path. Besides the elemental classification there are few more classifications which can be introduced based on this scheme. However, they had not been properly introduced in the astrological tradition of any of the schools known to me, and the terminology to refer to them is missing. I have the experiences and grades of perception, which would require a few new classifications. Yet, I do not feel it is already the time for me to introduce such classifications by myself. This might be done in the future, if the need is there.

* Mathematically, casting of a chart is a procedure of finding the east-most point of the Ecliptic which intersects the tangent to the surface of the Earth made from the geographical position of birth. This intersection is the Asc. To find the MC, find the top-most point of the Ecliptic as seen from the geographical position of the birth. That’s all. Asc is the cusp of 1st Bhava, and MC is the cusp of 10th. The remaining Bhava Madhyas (cusps) and the Bhava Sandhis (borders between the Bhavas) are found by dividing the space between Asc and MC into 6 equal parts. The remaining quarters (MC to Dsc, Dsc to IC, and IC to Asc) are the mirror reflections relative to the Asc-Dsc and MC-IC axes). That’s the SriPati Bhava system. It works perfectly with any of the current astrological (or astronomical, or any other ephemeris-related) software. No additional adjustment or any revision is necessary, as such adjustment is already make to the Zodiac by the means of Ayanamsa. For me, ayanamsa by Lahiri works perfectly well. But for the purpose of Samyama with specific stars or planets you wouldn’t even need the ayanamsa, as the relative positions of the stars and planets to the mathematical Madhyas and Sandhis of the Bhavas are not dependent of the Zodiacal Belt (or on the starting point of this belt, which is actually dealt with by ayanamsa). This is purely an astronomical calculation, the level of which is highly advanced and elaborated by the modern astronomical science beyond the wildest imagination of any ancient yogis. No mistakes and no problems here. At least as far as the mathematical part is in question.

* The more obscure question is: why it actually works this way? Why the Asc is calculated from the east-most point of the Ecliptic? Why the MC is the top-most point? There are many other ‘why?’s’ about the whole thing. The obvious point is that any chart is dependent on the Earth and its rotation around its own axis. It is also obvious that it is very relevant, where is the ‘up’ and ‘down’ (or heaven and hell) for any specific birth, as the Earth underneath our geographical location of birth can only be the IC, and not the MC. This further introduces a number of very serious questions, the answers to which I do not know. The thing I can confidently tell is, however, that this structure works, and it had been confirmed by thousands of observations.

* Samyama would give its effects in strict correspondence with the Bhava in which the energy is located in the chart of a practitioner. Search – you’ll find. It’s only the question of how unprejudiced and unengaged into any particular material aspirations your mind is. Contemplation and aspiration for spiritual knowledge would gradually light up more and more discriminative ability in you mind, and you’ll notice the things you’ve not noticed before. Nothing incredibly mystic, nothing particularly sacred about it. Just the knowledge from within. It’s in your vision and the quality of this vision.

* If you want to be self-sufficient in energy terms, you’ll seemingly have to learn to activate all the 12 energies simultaneously, while keeping each of them in a proper and auspicious location of the Bhava circle. Otherwise, the missing energy components would be replenished from the aura of the society and of the particular persons you are relating to in this lifetime. That’s why we are so dependent on the others, on what they think or do or feel regarding us. That’s why we feel hurt by the negative emotions and thoughts of the people we contact. Because we are dependent on the energy components we receive from communication with them. And that in turn is because we ourselves are not able to light up the full 12-limbed circle of our energy. The more mastery you gain over the energy currents of your chart, the less dependent you become on your relationships with the other people. Your samyama is a tool to solve any problem you might encounter when relating to other persons. The first step is to identify the quality (or qualities) the other person is producing. Then, with the proper knowledge, it can be handled in a variety of ways through your samyama, depending on the results you wish to achieve.

Edited by - Naz on Feb 05 2007 10:13:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  10:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In case someone tries to do Samyama with several astrological energies simultaneously, here’s some additional information missing in the widespread astrological literature:

* Samyama with two different energies simultaneously will bring the effect which corresponds to the combined interaction of these energies. This effect may vary from lowest debilitation to the highest exaltation throughout different stages of (in)compatibility (enmity/neutrality/friendliness) depending on the quality of the energies taken in combination.

* The exaltation combinations for the energies corresponding to the seven main planets (these being comparable with the main signs ruled by them) are identical with the widely known exaltation signs for them.

* Below are the exaltation combinations for the missing energies, being expressed as the secondary signs of the seven planets:

Vrishabha (Taurus) is exalted in Kumbha (Aquarius) or Saturn
Mithuna (Gemini) is exalted in itself
Vrischika (Scorpio) is exalted in Dhanu (Sagittarius) or Jupiter
Makara (Capricornus) is exalted in Vrischika (Scorpio) or Ketu
Meena (Pisces) is exalted in Simha (Leo) or Sun

The debilitation signs for these energies are as usually for any other, i.e. the opposite (180 degrees) within the Zodiacal Belt.

Good luck.

P.S. When choosing a combination for successful Samyama it is a good idea to include the energies of each of the Elemental Forces, to avoid debilitation combinations, and to apply the energies in those Bhavas (Houses, or positions of application of intention / will power) which are naturally auspicious for them.

Also take care to obtain a balanced proportion of Sattva/Rajas/Tamas qualities and the planes of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd order as per illustration from my previous post.

Auspiciously structured Samyama will make your mind sharp, brilliant, flexible and free.

An inauspiciously structured (or messy) Samyama will bring about the opposite. Or, what is much more likely to happen, your mind would subconsciously avoid the deep and pure Samyama results, protecting itself from acute energy disbalance through indulgence into the intellectualized concepts, rather than giving way and experiencing the real effects of the Sutras.

Edited by - Naz on Apr 14 2007 10:43:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  02:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Naz. Do you know anything unordinary about the comet/asteroid Chiron? Have you tried samyama with this celestial body? It is an area of personal interest for me as you might have guessed by my nickname.

As far as my astrology and samyama go.. I am not even in the gindergarten. In fact, I don't know where the gindergarten is. What is the exact technique and prerequisites to have samyama with planets? Do you think the planets' name? Do you look at a picture of it before doing samyama? Or a picture of some chart? Or some quality of the planet ie. love/Venus? Should one with such a level of knowledge even bother asking these questions?
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  2:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have some of the same questions as well. I am completely ignorant in this area but am curious to learn more.

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  12:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there, Chiron and Balance,

Today I looked into this topic with the intention of closing it (because it actually became already too messy and sprawled into much too different directions from its original idea), and was surprised to find out that there were even some replies and moreover some more or less topic oriented questions.

Wow! That’s a big achievement. Thank you guys for your interest.

Still, let me accomplish what I’d planned. I do want to close this very topic, at least partially. The reasons are as follows:

* it was an ongoing experiment and my replies, monologues and dialogues within this topic were not always as perfect as I’d like them to be;
* I was experimenting with different kinds of Samyama during my participation in the above topic and from my current point of view a number of effects I brought about in my mind were not very auspicious; therefore, the way I expressed my thoughts above was also not always as auspicious as I’d like it to be; there were also some mistakes I’ve discovered in my rendering of discoveries which I’d like to correct in order to update the information to my current level of understanding;

I’d also like to repeat once more: I do have an overgrown Ego. My natural spiritual path is Egocentric. It is my own desire of spiritual wisdom and new discoveries/vision which drives my evolution. Basically I am not concerned with educating the others. And this approach will have its impact on all my actions, thoughts and ideas I express here. Some of you may be disgusted to find me selfish, condescending, and most surely trapped within the fetters of my own conditioned personality.

However, as the nature of the Universe is holistic, I have to share my knowledge with the others (on the level of duality) in order to gain the new one. It is not my great mercy or compassion to the humankind, which makes me try and share the knowledge. It is my craving for freedom of mind and new wisdom. And I’ve found out thousands of times: this approach works for me.

On the given stage it is about half a year since I’d started this topic, and though my approach is just as egocentric as it was on the beginning, my Ego today is different from my Ego half a year back. And my Ego of today actually finds some of the ‘exploits’ of my former Ego rather childish and kindergarten like. They do require an update.

So, first of all, this topic is not about me being on some higher level and the audience here being on some much lower level. This is all very relative.

This topic is about the Samyama with celestial bodies and its related effects. I’ve been researching this area (as it seems to be my natural inclination) since about 15 years and have lots of interesting and often controversial discoveries. From my current point of view my knowledge and experience in this field of research as well as in some related fields is incomparably more profound and clear than that of the audience here. It is an objective (as objective as I am capable of) evaluation of the situation, and not a means of self-elevation and self-glorification. As a number of the phenomena I believe to have discovered go more or less against the generally spread views of the today’s schools of Astrology and Samyama practice, I’m having some hard time finding the audience capable of discussing the issues I’m working with without entering into one or the other type of conflict of opinions. Since my path is naturally Egocentric, I have to use the trick of putting myself higher relatively to the majority of the audience and my opponents, in order to protect the vision and knowledge I believe to have achieved. It must be stated here, that this approach is not the only possible. I see a possibility of other approaches. The path of humility and dissolution (integration) within the mentality of the audience should also work. But I try my best to choose the approach which suits most my inner nature and predispositions.

O.K. Let’s close this thread here. If someone feels like continuing some of the ideas which were raised here or has some other reasons to reply to this thread, please feel free to do so. Although I do feel that individual discussion of some topics here might deserve a few new separate threads.

Thanks every body. I’ll continue the original issue in a new thread.
Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  04:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Naz

I do have an overgrown Ego.

Since my path is naturally Egocentric, I have to use the trick of putting myself higher relatively to the majority of the audience and my opponents, in order to protect the vision and knowledge I believe to have achieved.

I have to share my knowledge with the others (on the level of duality) in order to gain the new one. It is not my great mercy or compassion to the humankind, which makes me try and share the knowledge. It is my craving for freedom of mind and new wisdom.

I gather from this that your Ego is under the influence of two conflicting planetary energies. You are obviously doing samyama on the wrong object.
Go to Top of Page

Naz

37 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  06:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Naz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your observation, Blue. Your remark presents a suitable premise for introduction of one of the classifications of the energies.

Energies can be:
* Dvisvabhava (Dual, Mutable),
* Chara (Movable, Cardinal), or
* Sthira (Steady, Fixed).

Each of these energy types has its own special style of thinking and expressing thoughts (i.e. also of forming the inner energy matrix which brings about the unfoldment of reality around the given person).

The alleged energy conflict you observe is in fact the quality of Dvisvabhava being present in two of the energies (out of 6) I currently activate. The Dvisvabhava style of thinking is characterized by the ability to hold two different (sometimes seemingly conflicting, or opposite to each other) opinions at one time. Such people (influenced by Dvisvabhava energies) are known to be able to engage into two different works at the same time, or to lead two (or several) different relationships simultaneously.

The Dvisvabhava energies express their duality differently in the Sattvic Dimension (where they encompass the two aspects of Jupiter energy) and in the Rajas Realm (where they manifest through the two aspects of Budha energy).

Your predominant energy quality, Blue, is Sthira (Fixed, or Steady), therefore you find the multitude of rendered by me mental positions to be unnatural. Once you learn to awaken the other energy aspects (like the Chara and Dvisvabhava), you’ll understand the mentality of my logic better.

I’d also like to mention here, that in broad general sense everyone’s mentality is full of energy conflicts and seemingly opposing tendencies. We always carry with us the echo of past imperfections, even if we’ve already overcome them. Also, there’s always something more to improve.

The interaction of the energies, even within the same group, is a very multifaceted phenomenon, and explaining it only in terms of ‘harmonious’ or ‘not harmonious / conflicting’ is a great simplification of the reality. What is somewhat closer to a reliable scale of evaluation of successfulness of interaction is the measure of ‘balance’ in the energy combinations, but this finally is just another limited mental concept used to describe the phenomena which are beyond the logically structured mentality and are actually the root and cause of the variations and shifts on the mental level. So, logical mentality can only attempt to mirror (more or less perfectly) these phenomena, but true understanding comes with the direct experience (which is accomplishable via Samyama with the corresponding energies and contemplation of its effects).

Some energies do interact only through conflict, and in the conflict and mutual destruction they find their most exalted state. ‘Stalking’ is a type of behaviour where you let your energies express according to their nature (and according to the different types of Samyama settings you use for your practice) and contemplate the effects of their expression. In your stalking you ‘hunt’ for the deeper insights into the details of expression of each energy and catch into the light of your discrimination the imperfections and drawbacks, finding the ways to improve (or to achieve new interesting results) on your quest for wider, deeper vision. I give more details on that in the other thread on Samyama with celestial bodies.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000