New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  6:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

Thank you! I am very interested in the Lankavatara Sutra. I will do a google search and see if I can find it online. Also, what you have written...... "Oneness is sort of formed/ transmitted by a Buddha to create a stable
"bubble" for the development of individual beings." perhaps explains the vision.

Kind Wishes,
Indigo
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  11:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Experientialknowing

Hello Riju.
Regardless the outcome is the same no matter the path taken.

The outcome is deep inner silence and Pure Awareness.

For me outcome is............. there are no questions left.
All inquiries are over.
I feel I have been made to understand to the extent where I can decide my role in this universe.
And I have taken the decision long back.
Now I have been actually walking on the path of my decision .
This has also happened since many years.
All along these years I have hardly felt looking back .
And if I have looked back, I have done that sometimes to find out a companion.
For me as I walk along,I feel stonger, happier and more determind than before.

Since I find you sincere in your desire for answers, and also you find
fault in the system of your thinking. I advice you to look more deeply in my system. I shall always try to answer you.

Vippasana with awareness in not easy. It leads to full scale war in many stages

In first stage one fights for neutralising his past karmas
and is also all the time aware that he does not unnecessary add more karmas.

In the second stage war becomes fiercer. One has to fight to clear his SKANDHS (deep acquired habbits)

In the third stage, the fight becomes still worse. He is now in TRUE EMPTINESS. HERE HE IS TO WAIT AND WAIT TILL SOME HIGHER POWER GETS CONNECTED. IT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

In the fourth stage, the questions are asked from this higher power.
Till you feel you are ready. And then you have to find and select your choice. In this choice you have to select weapons of which your skills already acquired. Or even acquire new skills.

AND THEN THE REAL FIERCER FIGHT STARTS TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.

This happens in the first phase of Buddhahood. Here you send outflows to acquire skills and gain WISDOM. But otherwise wait in silence and receive INFLOWS to grow and acquire strength.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  12:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have read the chapter on 'PHANTOM CITY" in Lotus sutra........

This emperor in his first stage of Buddhhood (this period is called bhoddisattva period}, went on growing and growing for billions of years. He acquired extensive cosmic energy in his body thro INFLOWS.
Then he made 16 sons in cosmic form in his body with these INFLOWS. He made these 16 sons same as himself in WISDOMS and gave them different skills which he had already acquired.

Then he gave birth to these 16 sons to help him rule over a vast universe of milkiways.

In vipassana meditation a stage comes when your "AWARENESS WATCHES AWARESS". This is a stage of EGOLESSNESS. It initially comes only when you are meditating. But one can taste this stage. He goes beyond TIME AND SELF. And yet he grows. One should reject BLISS at this stage and stick to his AMBITION OR PURPOSE OR DESIRE.

Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  12:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In fact there is nothing else but GOD in this universe. Everything is God. He manifests HIMSELF in al of us. Our Ego is not our ego. One has to understand that our ego Is God ego. And This God has a PURPOSE.
He is achieving this purpose in HIM in sections (parts) by trying multi-times and multi-ways and we as His part are to do what HE wants. Those who fail are remolded again and again.
This body with its mental aggregates is my VEHICLE.This VEHICLE hss to grow through inflows to become bigger and faster with HIM (awareness and emptiness)

(These above sentences are for those who are staunch beleivers in GOD, I for one do not need HIM because *I* am HIM)

FULL NAME OF LOTUS SUTRA IS "SUTRA OF ONE VEHICLE" also.

Edited by - riju on May 06 2014 06:26:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  12:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff

I intend to write on "TREASURE TOWER BUDDHA" in my second thread of Guatam Buddha vs yoga after this

Edited by - riju on May 06 2014 06:26:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes back I had stopped writing. I had lost hope of a companion on this site.
But a few months later I read AWARENESS WATCHING AWARENESS. This thread made me happy and I have come back on this site with HOPE.

Awareness in awareness is a very good stage. During this meditation there are periods of egolessness. These short meditation periods bring in Inflows. They increase our logic power. Repeated such experiences create SEED of WISDOM in us that we all are one. Slowly and slowly this seed of WISDOM grows in a plant. Living in the family continuity of meditation is not possible. These breaks move us away from meditation to the problems of the world and family. Meanwhile these Inflows in meditation change into WISDOMS. Then it automatically starts one on the path of non-duality, or oneness of all. This WISDOM enters ones sub-conscious and continues with us birth after birth.

This is a very big step taken by the person
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riju

Vippasana with awareness in not easy. It leads to full scale war in many stages

In first stage one fights for neutralising his past karmas
and is also all the time aware that he does not unnecessary add more karmas.

In the second stage war becomes fiercer. One has to fight to clear his SKANDHS (deep acquired habbits)

In the third stage, the fight becomes still worse. He is now in TRUE EMPTINESS. HERE HE IS TO WAIT AND WAIT TILL SOME HIGHER POWER GETS CONNECTED. IT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

In the fourth stage, the questions are asked from this higher power.
Till you feel you are ready. And then you have to find and select your choice. In this choice you have to select weapons of which your skills already acquired. Or even acquire new skills.

AND THEN THE REAL FIERCER FIGHT STARTS TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.

This happens in the first phase of Buddhahood. Here you send outflows to acquire skills and gain WISDOM. But otherwise wait in silence and receive INFLOWS to grow and acquire strength.

Well said...
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  3:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Riju and thank you Jeff.

It occurs to me that there is Buddhism and then there is a different Buddhism. The Buuddha I read about purposely went through all kinds of severe austerities before renouncing them.

Was this not Siddh#257;rtha Gautama Shakyamuni, or simply the Buddha?

Riju says he never did and this is confusing.

Riju I can understand enough to be interested in the truths you are sharing and Jeff I appreciate your stepping in and translating for the rest of us who lack your clarity.

Gentlemen would you consider co authoring a thread here on this site? I am certain there are many of us who are looking at what is being written and see it as a departure from Yoga sadhana.

To my view there is Yoga many kinds.

There is Vedanta

There is Advaita Vedanta

Then there are at least two different schools of Buddhism not counting Zen.

The co-authored thread I would like to see would be one that starts off from the standpoint of where Yoga ends for lack of a better way of saying it so that a novice like myself can start and follow along with you as an online student from where your system begins all the way to the current levels being discussed.

Would you consider doing such a thing Riju? Jeff?

I am certain there would be many grateful learners and it would contribute tremendously to this sites wealth of knowledge available to the world.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  10:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sometimes back I had stopped writing. I had lost hope of a companion on this site.
But a few months later I read AWARENESS WATCHING AWARENESS. This thread made me happy and I have come back on this site with HOPE.

Awareness in awareness is a very good stage. During this meditation there are periods of egolessness. These short meditation periods bring in Inflows. They increase our logic power. Repeated such experiences create SEED of WISDOM in us that we all are one. Slowly and slowly this seed of WISDOM grows in a plant. Living in the family continuity of meditation is not possible. These breaks move us away from meditation to the problems of the world and family. Meanwhile these Inflows in meditation change into WISDOMS. Then it automatically starts one on the path of non-duality, or oneness of all. This WISDOM enters ones sub-conscious and continues with us birth after birth.

This is a very big step taken by the person

Riju,
You have written this with such clarity. This is where my practice has led. Thank you for posting!

Indigo
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  10:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know I would like to see a co-authored thread like EK has suggested. Both these gentlemen have knowledge to share. Thank you Riju, Jeff and EK!
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  11:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

What is this above sentence about? Please open up and let us clear your and mine confusion.

Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  11:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Experientialknowing

Gentlemen would you consider co authoring a thread here on this site? I am certain there are many of us who are looking at what is being written and see it as a departure from Yoga sadhana.

To my view there is Yoga many kinds.

There is Vedanta

There is Advaita Vedanta

Then there are at least two different schools of Buddhism not counting Zen.

The co-authored thread I would like to see would be one that starts off from the standpoint of where Yoga ends for lack of a better way of saying it so that a novice like myself can start and follow along with you as an online student from where your system begins all the way to the current levels being discussed.

Would you consider doing such a thing Riju? Jeff?

I am certain there would be many grateful learners and it would contribute tremendously to this sites wealth of knowledge available to the world.

Thank you.

Ok, If there is no problem with site managers.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  08:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh sorry cut and paste transferred some code I did this to make sure the spelling was correct. Didn't work out so great, Lol.

Should have been:

Was this not Siddhartha Gautama Shakyamuni, or simply the Buddha?

My question is, is this the person Riju speaks of the same as the one of historical importance who is in every account fictional and not, that I have read about the same person who performed severe austerities, which culminated in nearly killing himself and it was after that that he became realized and afterwards renounced and condemned such practices as not necessary.

This entire topic Riju has created is incredible, I like many others have always wanted to know more, but where to start? Seriously there is just so much over-complexity with it all that without a knowing guide or people who are and have been where you are tying to get the raw information is like cryptographic code.

For example what I interpret in allot of what Riju shares is Astral hierarchy and that makes it easy to scoff and think oh poor fellow he is caught up in building castles in the sky, then Jeff comes along and further makes the meanings clear often in crosstalk between them and removes these ideas from my interpretation.

Still confusing and I know of no better way than to start from the beginning and work foreword to make a topic understandable.

Here is what I suspect. I suspect from my own practice of Kriya that there is another stage in human development and that has to do with everything we already are that is not human.

What Riju writes of appears to be just that. Hence the request for a collaborative thread.

Quote]Originally posted by riju

quote:
quote:

What is this above sentence about? Please open up and let us clear your and mine confusion.

Edited by - Experientialknowing on May 07 2014 08:27:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh sorry cut and paste transferred some code I did this to make sure the spelling was correct. Didn't work out so great, Lol.

My question is, is this the person Riju speaks of the same as the one of historical importance who is in every account fictional and not, that I have read about the same person who performed severe austerities, which culminated in nearly killing himself and it was after that that he became realized and afterwards renounced and condemned such practices as not necessary.

Guatam Buddha was born in India 2600 years back approx. His birth name was Siddharath Guatam.
Before his enlightment he observed all the austerities to the extreme extent. When the results did not come, he changed the methods for which he was severely condemned by his colleagues. The same colleagues became his ardent disciples after his enlightment.
After his Bodh Gaya enlightment he declared that I am Buddha and not some celesial god.

Buddha means one who is full of WISDOM.
For 20 years he did not disclose his full WISDOM for a very important reason.
Later after 20 years, when he considered that time was ripe, he spoke LOTUS SUTRA OF ONE VEHICLE at a mountain peak, where he had gathered a huge number of disciples whom he had trained in past 20 years.
Those days writing system was not there, hence it was spoken.
400 years after his death it was written down.
Guatam Buddha in this sutra tells about his earlier celesial connections.

I am sure that this sutra was not even spoken by oral words. It was conveyed silently to disciples in meditation with insights. I have experience this system of conveying. Even ants and bees do this with queen bee and ant.

I know full history of Siddharath as well as his life as Buddha after enlightment. I DO UNDERSTAND LOTUS SUTRA because of these insights.

I am not a good writer. But I will try my best. I have already written a lot. I am full of much more information in my mind about his life as a human being as well as his life before and after.

All of buddhist population revers and respects Lotus sutra but no one has been successful in opening it . 2600 years back sscientific inventions had not been revealed and hence Lotus sutra could not be expressed properly.

TODAY LANGUAGE IS AVAILABLE and i have been taking advantage of this language and opening up LOTUS SUTRA.
It is written down in Lotus sutra that who ever misrepresents the Lotus sutra will be heavily punished and the one who correctly exposes it will be rewarded. I have been doing this job on other forums since last one year though with zero results. But I am being rewarded in life and not punished.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

This entire topic Riju has created is incredible, I like many others have always wanted to know more, but where to start? Seriously there is just so much over-complexity with it all that without a knowing guide or people who are and have been where you are tying to get the raw information is like cryptographic code.

For example what I interpret in allot of what Riju shares is Astral hierarchy and that makes it easy to scoff and think oh poor fellow he is caught up in building castles in the sky, then Jeff comes along and further makes the meanings clear often in crosstalk between them and removes these ideas from my interpretation.

Still confusing and I know of no better way than to start from the beginning and work foreword to make a topic understandable.

Here is what I suspect. I suspect from my own practice of Kriya that there is another stage in human development and that has to do with everything we already are that is not human.

What Riju writes of appears to be just that. Hence the request for a collaborative thread.

I know there is a huge communication gap on Lotus sutra.
But persons in yoga or meditation experience things which look strange to normal human beings. Even when you talk about so many things about gods or super God, it can be considered to be out of air.

When I read about AWARENESS watching AWARENESS, I felt encouraged. I also wrote about that stage of my experiences to assure others that I practice advanced meditation.

I am a very practical person in life. I live with totally worldly people around me. I do not expose my self before them. But repeatedly people see some thing extraordinary in my life and enjoy my company.

Basic difficulty with life is that they look for extraordinary qualities in gods or Super god. And they can not look at an ordinary person as a Super God.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  11:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
quote:

...The co-authored thread I would like to see would be one that starts off from the standpoint of where Yoga ends for lack of a better way of saying it so that a novice like myself can start and follow along with you as an online student from where your system begins all the way to the current levels being discussed.

Would you consider doing such a thing Riju? Jeff?...

Ok, If there is no problem with site managers.

Hi All:

There is no problem with this, as long as the forum posting guidelines are observed.

It should be pointed out that discussions on a wide range of systems in the AYP forums are for complementary cross-pollination, not for holding any particular system to be superior over others. Respectful sharing is encouraged. Disrespectful sharing is not.

Everyone is entitled to their conceptual belief system, whatever it may be. This is what inspires us to practice. However, arguing one belief system to be superior to another is not welcome in the forums. This can lead to endless sectarian posturing and one-upmanship, which is not permitted.

These forums are about practices and experiences, and we would like to stick to that in a practical and complementary way for the benefit of all.

Regarding various brands of Buddhism and Yoga, as well as any other systems of spiritual practice, they all have something to offer, and they (and their practitioners) should be respected.

ExperientialKnowing, the crossing over from yoga practice to Buddhist practice you are mentioning here is in yoga terminology an expansion from ashtanga and hatha cultivation of inner silence and ecstatic components of experience to self-inquiry methods conducted in stillness/witness, leading to wholeness, unity, non-duality, and divine flow in service to all.

This expansion occurs in all effective systems of practice. It is not defined by a belief system, but by our inherent nature, which is not dependent on any sect or creed.

Some Buddhist systems focus more on the self-inquiry aspects than others, just as Advaita-Vedanta does. This does not mean that self-inquiry approaches are superior to or beyond yoga. Yoga also includes self-inquiry, commonly called Jnana Yoga, and is parallel to later stage Buddhist and Advaita approaches. In AYP we regard self-inquiry methods to be later stage also, and they are covered extensively in the later AYP lessons. Has anyone read these?

Kriya Yoga covers self-inquiry in its later stages as well, though it may not be very easy to find it. For those who are engaged in effective daily practice, it is a natural evolution.

There is nothing wrong with drawing on additional sources, wherever we may find them. Likewise, those systems that focus only on self-inquiry can often find greater efficacy by looking to yoga methods (meditation and samyama in particular) to strengthen their ability to operate in stillness. Self-inquiry, mindfulness and awareness-watching-awareness techniques can benefit a lot from yogic methods. No matter where we start, we will be wise to take care of the full scope. There are no shortcuts. Only degrees of effective application of the tools that are available. AYP is about bringing the tools to bear in a logical sequence, so avid seekers can move ahead according to their own inner inclinations (bhakti).

Means for improving effectiveness in practice, leading to good results, can come from a variety of sources, and that is why the AYP forums are the way they are, to facilitate respectful complementary sharing of practices and experiences as much as possible. The AYP writings as a whole are like that too.

This integrative approach cannot be advanced in the forums if anyone is climbing up on a pedestal and shouting, "My system is the best, and what you all are doing is useless!" Those who engage in that sort of conduct will find themselves on the way out of here sooner or later. That's just how it is. It is necessary to maintain a progressive environment. No one gets to dominate the discussion here.

So, keeping those important points in mind, feel free to share away.

Thank you all for your contributions to the knowledge base, and all the best on your continuing path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  11:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know there are powerful gods who can decimate our earth and sun in an instant. But they are so afraid to do it. They are ignorant and any wrong action against the law of cause and effect can harm them for ever. So in fear they are inactive and stay put where they are.
While a normal human being has picked up sufficient WISDOM according to his minute power. That brings him to action.
These powerful gods envy these WISDOM oriented human beings. But imagine a INFLOW Wisdom oriented
oriented human being, who has even learnt the WISDOM of growing. All these powerful gods will like to serve and learn from this human being.

It is difficult to understand that Guatam Siddharath, an ordinary human being is the GREATEST OF GODS. Lotus sutra can clarify this.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  12:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Riju,

But also as Chapter 11 of the Lotus Sutra states...

And on that occasion the Lord uttered the following stanzas:

1. Here you see, monks, the great Seer, the extinct Chief, within the Stûpa of jewels, who now has come to hear the law. Who would not call up his energy for the law's sake?

2. Albeit completely extinct for many kotis of Æons, he yet now comes to hear the law; for the law's sake he moves hither and thither; very rare (and very precious) is a law like this.

3. This Leader practised a vow when he was in a former existence; even after his complete extinction he wanders through this whole world in all ten points of space.

4. And all these (you here see) are my proper bodies, by thousands of kotis, like the sands of the Ganges; they have appeared that the law may be fulfilled I and in order to see this extinct Master.

5. After laying out for each his peculiar field, as well as having (created) all disciples, men and gods, in order to preserve the true law, as long as the reign of the law shall last,

6. I have by magic power cleared many worlds, destined as seats for those Buddhas, and transported all creatures.

7. It has (always) been my anxious care how this line of the law might be manifested. So (you see) Buddhas here in immense number staying at the foot of trees like a great multitude of lotuses.

8. Many kotis of bases of trees are brightened by the Leaders sitting on the thrones which are perpetually occupied by them and brightened as darkness is by fire.

9. A delicious fragrance spreads from the Leaders of the world over all quarters, (a fragrance) by which, when the wind is blowing, all these creatures are intoxicated.

10. Let him who after my extinction shall keep this Dharmaparyâya quickly pronounce his declaration in the presence of the Lords of the world.

11. The Seer Prabhûtaratna who, though completely extinct, is awake, will hear the lion's roar of him who shall take this resolution.

12. Myself, in the second place, as well as the many Chiefs who have flocked hither by kotis, will hear that resolution from the son of Gina, who is to exert himself to expound this law.

13. And thereby shall I always be honoured as well as Prabheitaratna, the self-born Gina, who perpetually wanders through the quarters and intermediate quarters in order to hear such a law as this.

Even the ultimate Buddha takes the "second place" with the coming of the self-born one (being from the world or law self manifested). Consider that the internet/technology is more like the Stupa then the many jeweled (twin tower) buddha itself?

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by jeff

Hi Riju,

This is not a good translation of Lotus sutra.
Please read Lotus sutra translated by :Burton Watson:

One of the reasons behind it is that Lotus sutra is written in a secret language. No ordinary person can either translate or understand it.
Only a persons with deep insights can understand and translate it.
Huasn Hua (I hope one does not mind the wrong spelling of his name) is considered the BUDDHIST of this century. He took up the job of opening the meaning but could not proceed ahead. He openly accepted defeat.
So it was decided by an American university to take up a project for translating word for word in English leaving its inner meaning to the readers.
A committee of 12 persons which included Chinese and English langauage experts and meditation buddist experts was collected and this translation was done. It has tried hard to maintain the accuracy of translation.

I have gone thro both these translations, so this advice.
The translation by Burton is also better from the point of view of English words selected.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  11:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by yogani

ExperientialKnowing, the crossing over from yoga practice to Buddhist practice you are mentioning here is in yoga terminology an expansion from ashtanga and hatha cultivation of inner silence and ecstatic components of experience to self-inquiry methods conducted in stillness/witness, leading to wholeness, unity, non-duality, and divine flow in service to all.

This expansion occurs in all effective systems of practice. It is not defined by a belief system, but by our inherent nature, which is not dependent on any sect or creed.

Some Buddhist systems focus more on the self-inquiry aspects than others, just as Advaita-Vedanta does. This does not mean that self-inquiry approaches are superior to or beyond yoga. Yoga also includes self-inquiry, commonly called Jnana Yoga, and is parallel to later stage Buddhist and Advaita approaches. In AYP we regard self-inquiry methods to be later stage also, and they are covered extensively in the later AYP lessons. Has anyone read these?

Yes some systems have proceeded to the stages of self-inquiry, probably passing thro the stages of Higher meditation or Awareness watching Awareness meditation.
I have accepted that and written about TRAPS ahead on these paths on this thread.
We have not yet talked about the different self-inquiry results of buddhist systems. Lotus sutra goes to the end or say to the beginning of the system. Lotus sutra tells in chapter 16 (THE LIFE OF THUS COME ONE), the results of this self-inquiry. It claims ETERNITY OF THE SYSTEM and continuous building upon. It is very facinating.

There should not be place for two systems at the top. If any other system reached that high as claimed by Lotus sutra, they will become one and the same. I am ready to learn from you about the other systems.

I became budhist by NATURE (not by adoption) after contemplating on this chapter.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  04:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff,
you can find uncanny similarity with the modern communication and information system and Treasure tower buddha rising from the earth going to very great height.

Today scientists fire an rocket. It rises with a hissing sound and leaves a satellite at a great height.
This satellite sends rays for commuciation all around the world. Do not these rays coming down to earth form a shape like a tower.

I had written earlier that Buddha communicates with his disciples (Riju is example) as queen bee or queen ant communicates with their flock.
Same way satellite allows communication among all of us thro mobiles and also internet gives full information. Our satellite system is earth Buddha of Treasure Tower.

Arising of Treasure tower from earth slowly is like arising of scientific discoveries in last three or so hundred years.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  07:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good Morning Yogani, Jeff & Riju. Well it looks like the approval for the collabrative thread is here and the guidelines spelled out by the site owner so when will it start?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  08:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by jeff

Hi Riju,

This is not a good translation of Lotus sutra.
Please read Lotus sutra translated by :Burton Watson:

One of the reasons behind it is that Lotus sutra is written in a secret language. No ordinary person can either translate or understand it.
Only a persons with deep insights can understand and translate it.
Huasn Hua (I hope one does not mind the wrong spelling of his name) is considered the BUDDHIST of this century. He took up the job of opening the meaning but could not proceed ahead. He openly accepted defeat.
So it was decided by an American university to take up a project for translating word for word in English leaving its inner meaning to the readers.
A committee of 12 persons which included Chinese and English langauage experts and meditation buddist experts was collected and this translation was done. It has tried hard to maintain the accuracy of translation.

I have gone thro both these translations, so this advice.
The translation by Burton is also better from the point of view of English words selected.

Hi Riju,

I am not familiar with the version that you describe, but I will hunt it down and be happy to use it for any Lotus sutra discussion with you. But, I am basing my comments on what I have found and experienced, rather than what I have read in the Lotus or any other sutra.

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  08:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Jeff,
you can find uncanny similarity with the modern communication and information system and Treasure tower buddha rising from the earth going to very great height.

Today scientists fire an rocket. It rises with a hissing sound and leaves a satellite at a great height.
This satellite sends rays for commuciation all around the world. Do not these rays coming down to earth form a shape like a tower.

I had written earlier that Buddha communicates with his disciples (Riju is example) as queen bee or queen ant communicates with their flock.
Same way satellite allows communication among all of us thro mobiles and also internet gives full information. Our satellite system is earth Buddha of Treasure Tower.

Arising of Treasure tower from earth slowly is like arising of scientific discoveries in last three or so hundred years.

Hi Riju,

I agree that there has been huge and incredible advancements in technology in the last 100 years. But, these shifts are more like the physical "stupa", rather than what is held "inside". There has also been a huge advancement in human "potential" recently. In your terms, there is a greater integration of inflows and outflows in the world now. This shift is noticed by the increasing two way energy "connections" of humans. If you search on "connections" or "bonds" in these forums, you will read about many of the issues of the members as this sort of "human network" grows and evolves. This network also includes increasing numbers of the divine beings that you describe.

Best,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Good Morning Yogani, Jeff & Riju. Well it looks like the approval for the collabrative thread is here and the guidelines spelled out by the site owner so when will it start?

Hi EK,

I would be happy to share in your thread concept, but I still don't quite understand what you a really looking for. Maybe you could start the new thread with your overall goals and direction. Riju could then post his perspective/comments and I could respond (and also maybe explain in other terms).

Best,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000