New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  09:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The Lord spoke, saying thusly, "He has always been accomplished in the sublime transcendent faculties and endowed with the distinctive qualifications of an Arhat; he knew the faculties and range of (other) beings, and has always preached the perfectly pure law.

Moved by benevolence and compassion they shall in succession foretell each other's destiny, with the words: This is to be my immediate successor, and he is to command the world as I do at present.

The scion of the Kundina family, my disciple here, shall in future be a Tathâgata, a Lord of the world, after the lapse of an endless period; he shall educate hundreds of kotis of living beings.

After seeing many endless Buddhas, he shall in future, after the lapse of an endless period, become the Gina Samantaprabhâsa, whose field shall be thoroughly pure.

And all beings in that Buddha-field shall be pure and lead a spiritual life. Springing into existence by apparitional birth, they shall all be gold coloured and display the thirty-two characteristic signs.

Brother riju, are you saying you are Purna reincarnated to become the awakened Tathagata for this present era? Is this what you mean when you say your have fully realized emptiness? I do not challenge you, I simply and respectfully ask for some clarification on your statements and your specific reference to the 8th chapter of the Lotus Sutra.

This correlates with the Yogic state in which the Chela is so attuned to the Ishta (with or without any form or appearances), that there is only one being present, not two. The transfixed Chela disappears in the fulcrum of the spiritual union and leaves only Brahman/God in conscious-awareness.

Thus, the emptiness of the individual becomes the fullness of the Divine. Nirvana is experienced by the witness to the unity, awakening within the deeper self a magnificent quietude, a stillness so deep there is nothing that can be said of it with human words.

We directly interphase... and know without any thought, that we are indeed the quintessence of That. Furthermore, I have tasted the Amitra of a level whereby the I-thought dissipates in the vacuum of such a profound degree of stillness. All is Brahman/God/Tao/Void... and we are each and every one of us That. Tat Tvam Asi.

One of my favorite quotes is by the Japanese Zen Roshi, Basho. It poetically eludes to the state whereby the internal witness becomes so empty... that there is no effort or even any subjectivity to cling to.
"Sitting quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

Edited by - Govinda on Sep 17 2013 12:14:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  11:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Monks, Purna was foremost among those who preached the Law in the time of the seven Buddhas. He is also foremost among those who preach the Law in my presence now. And he will likewise be foremost among those who preach the Law in the time of the future Buddhas who appear in the present Wise Kalpa, in all cases protecting, upholding, aiding and proclaiming the Law of the Buddha. In the future too he will protect, uphold, aid and proclaim the Law of immeasurable, boundless Buddhas, teaching, converting and enriching immeasurable living beings and causing them to turn toward anuttara-samyak-sambodhi. In order to purify the Buddha lands he will constantly apply himself with diligence, teaching and converting living beings.

Little by little he will become fully endowed with the way of the bodhisattva, and when immeasurable asamkhya kalpas have passed, here in the land where he is dwelling he will attain anuttara-samyak-sambodhi. He will be called Law Bright Thus Come One, worthy of offerings, of right and universal knowledge, perfect clarity and conduct, well gone, understanding the world, unexcelled worthy, trainer of people, teacher of heavenly and human beings, Buddha, World-Honored One.

"This Buddha will have thousand-millionfold worlds equal in number to Ganges sands as his Buddha land. The ground will be made of the seven treasures and level as the palm of a hand, without hills or ridges, ravines or gullies. The land will be filled with terraces and towers made of the seven treasures, and the heavenly palaces will be situated close by in the sky, so that human and heavenly beings can communicate and be within sight of each other. There will be no evil paths of existence there, nor will there be any women. All living beings will be born through transformation and will be without lewd desires. They will gain great transcendental powers, their bodies will emit a bright glow, and they will be able to fly at will. They will be firm in intent and thought, diligent and wise, and all alike will be adorned with golden color and the thirty-two features. All the living beings in that land will regularly take two kinds of food, one being the food of Dharma joy, the other the food of meditation delight. There will be immeasurable asamkhyas, thousands, ten thousands, millions of nayutas of bodhisattvas there, who will gain great transcendental powers and the four unlimited kinds of knowledge, and will be skilled and capable in teaching and converting the different varieties of living beings. The number of voice-hearers will be beyond the power of calculation or reckoning to determine. All will be fully endowed with the six transcendental powers, the three understandings, and the eight emancipations.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  07:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I say "I have fully realised Emptiness", I mean
that WISDOM of Emptiness of this whole Universe, Dharmas, Gods, Buddhas etc. is fully estabilished in my body, mind. Whatever happens inside and outside my body, mind has temporary relevence.

My emptiness is not directed towards any ONE, neither God nor Buddha, it is final TRUTH of this whole creation.

I am far away from becoming any Chela. I am on the path of being a CREATOR myself. I know the whole science of my become a CREATOR. I am out to estabilish my type of Universes and rule over them for billions of years.

I have the method of INFLOWS with me as well as the WISDOM of Emptiness. What I am saying that me being 77 years old normal man existing in some very insignificant part of Pune India is CAPABLE of doing this in future.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO DEVOTION NO LOVE, NO KRISHNA, NO CHRIST, NO BUDDHA, NO NARAYANA, NO BRAHMA, NO VISHNU, NO SHIVA, NO ONE PLAYING ANY ROLE IN THIS PATH.

THIS IS THE SCIENCE OF BHUDDISM.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  08:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Riju,

From my perspective, one can only say that they have "fully" realized emptiness when they have reached the level that they can control (or create) from emptiness. One must have "realized" (and be able to do it) that they can create a stable bubble in emptiness. To me, anything less is not full.

Also, some call the "total field of emptiness" God. Buddhism could be said to describe that emptiness is something to "fight" or overcome, other traditions could describe it as the ultimate platform of compassion (or "universal love") for growth.

In my tradition/culture the meaning of Compassion = Universal Love. I would also say that in my opinion, a Christ is a "co-creator" in God.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I create Emptiness by Awareness in my body, it always gets filled with my subconscious desire or necessity for existence. And they make my life easy.

And after that if my meditation attracts INFLOWS from surroundings(If there are no desires) then the INFLOWS get purified. These purified INFLOWS transcends in potential form for storage.

Emptiness thus created by INFLOWS is not ABSOLUTE EMPTINESS which corrodes. This emptiness at lower levels or below conscious level of an indivitual becomes either the part of WISDOM or creative force or expands the consciousness (It goes in storage). To better understand this assume it to be cosmic comodity.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  10:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riju

When I create Emptiness by Awareness in my body, it always gets filled with my subconscious desire or necessity for existence. And they make my life easy.

And after that if my meditation attracts INFLOWS from surroundings(If there are no desires) then the INFLOWS get purified. These purified INFLOWS transcends in potential form for storage.

Emptiness thus created by INFLOWS is not ABSOLUTE EMPTINESS which corrodes. This emptiness at lower levels or below conscious level of an indivitual becomes either the part of WISDOM or creative force or expands the consciousness (It goes in storage). To better understand this assume it to be cosmic comodity.

I have found that emptiness is not "created", more the fabric of what is...

As the Heart sutra says... Emptiness is... Form = Void, Void = Form.

That which is "created" or manifest from desire (or subconscious desire) is an aspect of universal mind/buddhamind as is the "thought" that initiated the creative force.

Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inflows are corrupted emptiness. When purified with wisdom they go to the original form of emptiness.I meant created in that sense.

Absolute Emptiness while coming down creates TIME (kal) and space.
This Absolute emptiness comes down and penetrates every where in every plane. But Time does not effect this emptiness in any of the planes. Hence emptiness dances up and down filling up spaces.
As soon as emptiness anywhere gets corrupted .....Time (kal)limits its life according to the plane where it is corrupted.

Edited by - riju on Sep 18 2013 11:43:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Interesting concept of "creating" emptiness. This logic would assume that emptiness did not always exist, that Riju created it out of something.. What is that "something" where from emptiness is "created"? And where did Riju, the creator of emptiness come from, out of what? More importantly, who is this Riju?

Very interesting description also of the "worlds" created by the so-called Buddhas. Would be very interested in hearing accounts from someone with first-hand knowledge of such a world they have personally visited (or "created", of course).

Getting back to the point about devotion - here again is a gross misunderstanding. Krishna, Buddha, Christ are merely figureheads for what one longs for - freedom from limitations of being the separate self (ego-identified). In reality, the Ishta or guru resides within, the Ishta IS the Self - it is merely the Ishta longing for Himself/Herself through the vehicle of the separate self. The Ishta and devotee, guru and disciple are one and the same. They have always been one; the ego-identified self simply didn't see it.

In your case, even though you say you are not devoted to anything, you are - to the idea of creating, of having power, etc. That is your Ishta, what you are longing for and are devoted to. There is not a single seeker that can say they are not devoted to something. The longing leading to seeking is devotion. Do not confuse external manifestations of bhakti (puja, bhajan, etc) to be the be all and end all of it.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Inflows are corrupted emptiness. When purified with wisdom they go to the original form of emptiness.I meant created in that sense.

Absolute Emptiness while coming down creates TIME (kal) and space.
This Absolute emptiness comes down and penetrates every where in every plane. But Time does not effect this emptiness in any of the planes. Hence emptiness dances up and down filling up spaces.
As soon as emptiness anywhere gets corrupted .....Time (kal)limits its life according to the plane where it is corrupted.

I would agree, but would add that there are many "layers" of filtering of absolute emptiness before one sort of hits "time". Time has sort of been the historical layer limit of the human world system.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2013 :  12:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good questions and observations Kami.

Thanks I always wondered what some of those words meant but never had enough interest in wading through the muck to figure it out, lol as it turns out I already knew but your putting it so clearly and cleanly is appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by kami

quote:

Interesting concept of "creating" emptiness. This logic would assume that emptiness did not always exist, that Riju created it out of something.. What is that "something" where from emptiness is "created"? And where did Riju, the creator of emptiness come from, out of what? More importantly, who is this Riju?

Very interesting description also of the "worlds" created by the so-called Buddhas. Would be very interested in hearing accounts from someone with first-hand knowledge of such a world they have personally visited (or "created", of course).

Getting back to the point about devotion - here again is a gross misunderstanding. Krishna, Buddha, Christ are merely figureheads for what one longs for - freedom from limitations of being the separate self (ego-identified). In reality, the Ishta or guru resides within, the Ishta IS the Self - it is merely the Ishta longing for Himself/Herself through the vehicle of the separate self. The Ishta and devotee, guru and disciple are one and the same. They have always been one; the ego-identified self simply didn't see it.

In your case, even though you say you are not devoted to anything, you are - to the idea of creating, of having power, etc. That is your Ishta, what you are longing for and are devoted to. There is not a single seeker that can say they are not devoted to something. The longing leading to seeking is devotion. Do not confuse external manifestations of bhakti (puja, bhajan, etc) to be the be all and end all of it.

Go to Top of Page

Roberto

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  8:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kami,

First of All, Thanks So Much for Shining Your Light here in this somewhat confusing thread. All is clear now (as it was before )

Secondly, I am so Sincere In this Request:

Would You Please Sing For Us ??
That Would Be SO AWESOME. Make an audio and post it

So Much Love, Thanks for ALL

Rob

Edited by - Roberto on Sep 21 2013 10:44:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sister kami has a lovely, enraptured voice. She is classicslly trained and both soulful and quite moving to hear. Even her Ishta is enthralled by her talent and sheer devotion. I second this request.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  6:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gee

Thank you for the kind and loving words Roberto and Govinda.

As soon as I figure out how to convert some recordings into a share-able format, I wii.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  11:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

I would agree, but would add that there are many "layers" of filtering of absolute emptiness before one sort of hits "time". Time has sort of been the historical layer limit of the human world system.

Are there many layers before time hits out?
May be,may be not.
Buddhas are with in time and space.
Nirvan which is above Buddha level is also in the range of time and space. Though Nirvan has succeeded in conquering time by collectiveness as per Lotus sutra.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  03:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There will be no evil paths of existence there, nor will there be any women. All living beings will be born through transformation and will be without lewd desires. They will gain great transcendental powers, their bodies will emit a bright glow, and they will be able to fly at will.

I am far away from becoming any Chela. I am on the path of being a CREATOR myself. I know the whole science of my become a CREATOR. I am out to estabilish my type of Universes and rule over them for billions of years.Are there many layers before time hits out?
May be,may be not.

Nirvan which is above Buddha level is also in the range of time and space. Though Nirvan has succeeded in conquering time by collectiveness as per Lotus sutra.

Dearest Brother riju, Namaste and I sincerely offer much love and sympathetic compassion, respectfully towards you.

I have found that within my own small understanding of this and that, as it is echoed and reflected throughout this dream of ego-awareness... Nirvana is the direct realization by the self-witness to it's deepest core and innate presence, that sublime state exponentially beyond the confines of all time, space or dimensional causality. As Jeff wisely states, it simply is as it is. For the time-space-continuum is expressed and maintained by degrees of separation and multiple of levels of differentiation betwixt this relative appearance and that passing phantom of finite appearance.

Nirvana/Anami/Heaven is of eternal proportions, infinite in it's aspects and the very quintessence and absolute epicenter of all perceivable things and/or non-things, too. Perhaps it is the friction of our observation which gives rise to both polarities? Or perhaps there are no real polarities at all? I have found this to be so. Who maintains their polarity? Who is the doer and the creator of anything? by are attempts to define self, we are undone from it's hypnotic mesmerism. Thus, the Buddhas and Sants ask, "Who are you"?

Being but a little child playing within this limitless universe abounding, expanding and dissolving... I cannot say that I even know anything at all, nor declare that I even exist at all (outside of my dream of sentient incarnation). Yet, as I glean a clearer vision of this Immortal Truth dawning, it surely seems that there is only the one singular reality, however it may show itself within the perception of the keen seeker of the Supreme state.

And I do agree 100% with you on this point, there seem to exist the appearance of layers, membranes, multiple levels, all stacked above and bellow, materializing as countless planes and myriad membranes of differentiation, in their manifested form and content... as such is the way of the Cosmic forces mingling and the intricate laws of nature unfolding itself form the zero-point.

But are they real and are we able to pierce through the stratification and endless diversity? Yes we can and yes we do. I wholly believe that Buddha Mind/God-realization/Harmony with The Tao, etc... is realized through absorption into that single point in attention far, far beyond and within any degree of duality or seeming dichotomy arising within the mind.

It is known only through immersion and integration. Hence, meditation and contemplation are prerequisites to mirroring the wisdom of Sages and Buddhas. But just who then, knows this? Who is watching, labeling and giving meaning to this play? I humbly surrender to doing anything of my own will and do not profess to create any universes or hold any higher truths.

And BTW, I do not wish to live on an astral world with no women existent, rather, I seek to consciously unite the male and female elements within myself. Androgyny is a most powerful state of human transformation and the cessation of base desires is the aim of all spiritual paths, bar none. But I choose to reverentially honor and admire the Grandmother, mother, wife, sisters, cousins, daughters and granddaughters dancing beatifically in this universal paradigm. By seeing the Divine in the feminine, I am able to understand my own innate femininity and become a more fully balanced soul, enraptured with the greater harmony, oblivious of any polarity.

I have come to believe that That which is beyond description is indivisibly merged in a holistic spiritual unity with itself and is in and of itself, blazing beatifically, opening that awakening inside of each soul as it blooms ever new and pristinely. Within it's limitless emptiness, no thought arises or falls. There ceases to be any juxtaposition between inflow and outflow, self and other, subject and object. Tat Tvam Asi.

When the mind stills and the attention shifts from outward flow to inward flow, the Sacred current dissolves any illusions. That which transcends any degree or stratification of finite division is realized and the outflow of such an epiphany shines like a trillion suns. It wholly transcends our fragile attempts to clearly define it's enigmatic attributes but it transforms our understanding, even as it shatters our mirages into so much cosmic confetti. So, who then is the seer and what then, is to be seen but Brahman/God/Tao alone?

As I see it (whoever I really am), in such immeasurable quietude, deep stillness and translucent emptiness of the Clear Light of the Void... all souls in Divine resonance, are freed of the bondage of any facade of time, space, self-identification, pragmatically defined/quantified thought-forms or fixed states of self-orientation.

The vastness of That... is wholly beyond measure, so too, the sheer perfection eludes any vain human quantification. And from my own small understanding of this miracle, I emphatically submit that the quintessence of Bodhi is as pure and simple as the act of unconditional, fully compassionate, universal frequency of pure love.

Surely, as enigmatic and esoteric as it may seem to theologians, esteemed pundits and brilliant scholars alike... it is ALL that there is or ever will be. It is Brahman/God/Tao, existentially and shines effulgently, right here within this present moment. It is immanent within both the form of substantial manifestation and simultaneously, unbound as formless insubstantiation. Wholly present here and now, inflow and outflow, yet... seemingly hidden from the glance of mankind at large, as it sleeps and dreams.

All else that we may think about contemplatively, intently study line by line, as we devotedly read or attempt to describe in words... are but shadows of That. Even as we enthusiastically entertain higher thought-forms and spiritual insights, as cohesive theologies or ideological system of beliefs... it is but merely cosmic dust before the immensity of the Absolute reality, itself beyond any and all appearances.

Books and scriptural reflections upon their meaning are lovely pursuits, indeed. But until a human being is ready to step into the vacuum of the silence presence, deep within the ineffable expressions of Buddha Mind/Sahaja Samadhi, the humanly-worded truths written upon the pages of any profound scripture, from any spiritual tradition, are a moot point of conjecture. for they are essentially meaningless unless one is awakened to freely glean the Gnosis therein. In such a profound light, it seems but a passing parade of ideas and conceptualizations. So much dust in the wind. Now is the dawn of the great awakening, now it the very moment to bloom exponentially!

I deeply admire your sincere conviction, Sir... but I cannot hold on to any system of belief if it does not emphasize the unity of all religions, the interrelation of all existential being and of all aspects of conscious-awareness. In such an eqaunimous effulgence, I sincerely do like your term, "collectiveness", as it interrelates to immersion within Nirvana (awakening to the Unified Field of Being) and it's Hindu/Yogic twin reflection, in the empty fullness of Sahaja Samadhi.

I feel that all differences perceived exist within one's own relative thoughts, alone. I say this with much respect and with the hope that we might together, humbly join hands in ushering in a new world, reflect a brighter understanding of our innate symmetries and most cherished affirmations

Be well and shine brightly, one and all.

Edited by - Govinda on Sep 22 2013 09:31:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Are there many layers before time hits out?
May be,may be not.

Hi Riju,

Have you read other sutras? A Buddha creates a stable bubble with buddhamind, but is beyond (not subject to) it himself. This is why all Buddhas are described as the "three-fold" of becoming Buddha's of past, present and future when they realize their Buddhahood. Once realized, they are beyond the limits of time and become Buddhas of all time.

Enjoying the discussion.

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  11:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Riju,

Have you read other sutras? A Buddha creates a stable bubble with buddhamind, but is beyond (not subject to) it himself. This is why all Buddhas are described as the "three-fold" of becoming Buddha's of past, present and future when they realize their Buddhahood. Once realized, they are beyond the limits of time and become Buddhas of all time.

Enjoying the discussion.

Best, Jeff

I take it that you are describing NIRVAN. Nirvan is the stable bubble with buddhamind keeping in storage the past, present and future of all the Buddhas.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  12:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

]
I take it that you are describing NIRVAN. Nirvan is the stable bubble with buddhamind keeping in storage the past, present and future of all the Buddhas.

Hi Riju,

I am not that familiar with the concept of Nirvan, but if you think in terms of charas, the barrier of "time" is at the 12th (of a normal 7 chakra) system. Higher than that you still reside in time and space (buddhamind), but not subject to the perception of linear time.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  10:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Terms of charas"......I do not understand the meaning of this sentence.

Nirvan is under Time zone.Due to this it is perishable. If Nirvan perishes all Buddha structures crumbles. The result will be back to original chaos.

In order to save Nirvan a full chapter 16 in lotus sutra (The life span of Thus come ones) is devoted to it. In this it is mentioned that Buddhas surrender SELF in Nirvan leaving behind DHARAMKAYA.
This adds to the time zone of Nirvan. So Nirvan gets Time storage and also time depletes. Input of time has always been more than it gets spent. So much so that there exists already a huge storage of time. Thus assuring us that NIRVAN will always be ETERNAL and Buddha system will always survive and also flourish more and more
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  12:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Hi Riju,

I am not that familiar with the concept of Nirvan, but if you think in terms of charas, the barrier of "time" is at the 12th (of a normal 7 chakra) system. Higher than that you still reside in time and space (buddhamind), but not subject to the perception of linear time.

Right on, Jeff. While I cannot speak for Brother riju nor would I be so bold or impetuous to try to do so. But I humbly wish to toss my two cents worth into the proverbial hat. I have my own small understanding and if it is not inappropriate to say so, I see Nirvana as the culmination of our spiritual awakening, as sentient beings. The beatific effect of the gradual affect of our unwavering Sadhana in full procession and overall, internal cultivation, fully crystallized.

That fulcrum of Gnosis whereby the Jivatman is acting out the encoded intelligence and so too, blossoming gracefully, unfolding within the natural evolutionary processes. Or perhaps its better said that the individuated souls finding the eternal peace of everlasting Moksha, bloom limitlessly and universally, by direct and exponential spiritual awakening? Itself a blessing beyond compare, as it's an eternity in the making.

That beatific frequency of conscious-awareness, which attains freedom from the darkness of mortal ignorance and ultimately, dawns effulgently through clarity of intent and an unwavering attention upon one single point in focus... which spontaneously lifts the observer of the play of self-identification to the Buddhaic level or the indivisible state of Paramatman, for within Hindu philosophy, it is the immersion ans symbiotic union with the Brahman, the Supreme Being. The begging, the present reality and the final cause of becoming.

So in a proverbial nutshell, both conceptually and experientially, Nirvana equals to Sahaj Samadhi,insofar as the human organisms is hard-wired to expand and awaken to higher and still higher frequencies of understanding and perceptions of the truth about the quintessence of innate consciousness, direct intent and shifts in attention which open sublime vistas of equanimous perfection.

So too, Nirvana is not just confined to Buddhist thought or it's theology, for the definition of the Sanskrit word literally means "blown out" (as in the extinguishment of the flame on a candle). Logically, the flame is mind and the candle is the self.

Likewise, within the greater Buddhist context, it reflects the immutable stillness of mind, the emptiness of fullness, which is experienced by the sentient self, after the fires of desire, aversion, pride, greed and delusion have been finally extinguished. Hence the term eludes to that transcendental shift and attainment of "enlightenment" and everlasting spiritual wakefulness.

Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  12:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Govinda,

There is an attainment in buddhism, it is named Pratyekabuddha. I feel SAHAJ SAMADHI as mentioned by you may be the same.

Pratyekabuddha does not cooperate in CREATION of UNIVERESE of his own. He simply submits his achievements into the Buddha field of Nirvan. He is almost like an ARAHAT. An Arahat submits his field to Emptiness. All Arhats gains go to drain. While Pratyekabuudha's gains contribute to Nirvan strength.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  08:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:

Does any system claim that barrier of time or 12 chakra has been crossed
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  09:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your interpretation of the correlation between the state of awareness named Sahaj Samadhi, in Vendantic Advaitan thought and Pratyekabuddha, Brother riju.

Pratyekabuddha is one who has attained Moksha independent of the Dharma of the Buddhas? But how does one understand the different aspects of the state of Nirvana and the embodied human persona and witness of the epiphany?

From what I have understood, there is a direct symbiosis betwixt the seer and the seen. But the only seeming difference is one of the enlightenment itself, as a realization and full integration and the being experiencing said state of "enlightenment".

In Vedantic terms, the I-thought dissolved within the direct experience of Sahaj Samadhi, as the personification of the illumination, is a Jnani. Moksha is freedom from illusion (spiritual ignorance), surely but it intrigues this vessel of self, this I-thought inhabiting this cycle of mortal sentience, awakening from the slumber of the bondage of samskaras and the effects of karma.

Can you please elaborate upon the subtle differentiation between the Pratyekabuddha, Arahat and Samyaksambuddhas? Each experience Nirvana and embrace the emptiness within the infinite vacuum of the Anatman.

Sakyamuni makes it crystal clear through his teachings that the experience and the experiencer are the same phenomenon.

"We are what we think, for as you think, so you become. All that we are, arises within our own thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world around us."

Is this what you mean when you say you are no Chela... that you aspire to be a proactive "creator of universes"? I ask because I am intrigued by your perspective, dear Sir.

How does this interrelate to the ancient Jain conception of the four faces of Adeshvara (Rishabha, the first Tirthankara), dating back to the Mohenjodaro civilization of the Indus Valley? Seeing in all directions at once. Aside from personal affinities and cultural preferences, do you feel that the Jain Tirthankaras are the same as the Buddhist Tathagatas?

This is one of my favorite stories from the life of Gautama Buddha:

A Brahmin priest saw the Buddha resting under a tree in meditation. The Brahmin was duly impressed with the Buddha's disposition and demeanor.

He asked, "Are you a God? No, I am not a God. Are you an angel? No, replied the Buddha. You must be a spirit then? No, I am not a spirit, said the Buddha. Then what are you? Lord Buddha replied, I am awake."

Peace and unity abound in resplendence, Govinda
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  10:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

]

Does any system claim that barrier of time or 12 chakra has been crossed

Hi Riju,

No, I am not familiar with any system that discusses such a thing. As, I mentioned when we first started our discussions on the nature of existence, I am just describing what I have found.

The layer of "time" is found higher (or deeper) than the layer of "parallel universes" in consciousness/buddhamind. There are many divine beings that can "transcend" time, not just full Buddhas.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  03:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Govinda wrote

Can you please elaborate upon the subtle differentiation between the Pratyekabuddha, Arahat and Samyaksambuddhas? Each experience Nirvana and embrace the emptiness within the infinite vacuum of the Anatman.

1) Arahat .......One who uses WISDOM to purify his emotions and desires
and then surrenders his WISDOM to EMPTINESS.
2) Prateyakabuddha.....One who uses WISDOM to purify his emotions
and desires and surrenders his WISDOM to Nirvan of Buddhas.
3) Samayaksambuddha is translated as All time prevading balanced
WISDOM.

An Arahat or Prateyakabuddha decides to walk on the path of growth of
INFLOWS, he follows the mahayana path which first leads to bhoddisattva
and when he is at the end of the path, he is titled Samayksambuddha.

The job of arahat/prateyakabuddha is simple, He may only collect one
WISDOM. For example "All is Emptiness" or "All is impermanent" or "All
this will pass away. This way with AWARENESS and this one WISDOM
he purifies his past karmas, clears skandhas (roots) of his past emotions and nullifies desires.

A Samayaksambuddha's job is million times tougher. His purpose is to
benefit a vast existence. So he covers a vast area of sentients/humanity.

He would sit and create Emptiness and allow INFLOWS from surroundings
of all emotions and desires in himself. And he has to develope a many
varaieties of WISDOMS to purify these INFLOWS.

There are more than 100 variety of emotions/desires and then there are
mixture of these emotions/desires. Say fear and anger. Say love and sex. etc. etc.

And then the strength of these emotions/desires can be weak or strong or very strong. His developed WISDOM roots have to be deeper than the
deepest emotions/ desires INFLOWS otherwise he cannot purify them.

Vaster area he wants protected/ covered , longer time he has to take.
After he has covered a certain part of the universe and he is ready to rule over that area , he has become fit to get the title of SAMAYSAMBUDDHA.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000