Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Assistance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nishantchhabra

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  05:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?
--- Energy movements in my head & spine since last 18 months, I cannot say about psychological change as there is not much change in my behavior with external world….but my focus is getting more towards self awakening.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
--- Its an ongoing symptom - self made kriyas in neck & head area….as of now my head starts bending in front & the and the energy force keeps on coming even when my chin reaches the chest. The neck sometimes get in left direction & I can feel a heavy internal stretching in neck area. This happen only when I start focusing on breathe or I am very calm/at peace.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

-It is a result of spiritual practices.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

- I do spinal breathing regularly for almost 90 minutes a day (in breaks),
-Mostly every evening i stroll listening to gita since last 18 months for one hour (sometimes 2/3 hours).
- Hatha yoga asana for kundalini..starting from root chakra ….i am not very regular with yoga.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity? – No

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

– No, but Whenever I consume even a bit of alcohol, I feel some irregular movement in my sacrum chakra !!! & if I take more than 4-5 ounces , I get acidity, headache & I lose the energy magnet around body (which I normally feel while breathing/meditation).

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms? - Yes

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

– It has reduced to a certain extent but not stopped.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

- My diet has changed a lot in last 2 years :
Very rare alcohol/tobacco consumption.
More focus towards Vegetables/fruits/milk & other sattvic diet in daily life.
I have resumed my gym/swimming after 2 years & even consume 100 grams of whey protein after heavy workouts.
I prefer ayurvedic health options e.g. chyavanprash & spirulina capsules.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms? - Yes

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini? - Yes

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies? - I am a full time employee.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result? – No.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above? - NO

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
Age – 29
Male

I need your guidance for my practices & your inputs for the way forward as this self-made neck kriya is getting intense.

Edited by - nishantchhabra on May 29 2013 06:48:33 AM

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  09:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nishantchhabra

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?
--- Energy movements in my head & spine since last 18 months, I cannot say about psychological change as there is not much change in my behavior with external world….but my focus is getting more towards self awakening.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
--- Its an ongoing symptom - self made kriyas in neck & head area….as of now my head starts bending in front & the and the energy force keeps on coming even when my chin reaches the chest. The neck sometimes get in left direction & I can feel a heavy internal stretching in neck area. This happen only when I start focusing on breathe or I am very calm/at peace.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

-It is a result of spiritual practices.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

- I do spinal breathing regularly for almost 90 minutes a day (in breaks),
-Mostly every evening i stroll listening to gita since last 18 months for one hour (sometimes 2/3 hours).
- Hatha yoga asana for kundalini..starting from root chakra ….i am not very regular with yoga.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity? – No

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

– No, but Whenever I consume even a bit of alcohol, I feel some irregular movement in my sacrum chakra !!! & if I take more than 4-5 ounces , I get acidity, headache & I lose the energy magnet around body (which I normally feel while breathing/meditation).

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms? - Yes

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

– It has reduced to a certain extent but not stopped.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

- My diet has changed a lot in last 2 years :
Very rare alcohol/tobacco consumption.
More focus towards Vegetables/fruits/milk & other sattvic diet in daily life.
I have resumed my gym/swimming after 2 years & even consume 100 grams of whey protein after heavy workouts.
I prefer ayurvedic health options e.g. chyavanprash & spirulina capsules.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms? - Yes

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini? - Yes

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies? - I am a full time employee.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result? – No.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above? - NO

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
Age – 29
Male

I need your guidance for my practices & your inputs for the way forward as this self-made neck kriya is getting intense.

Hey nishan, doesn't seem like anything crazy.
My body moves automatically all the time. You just get used to it.
The way forward, as you call it, is to keep doing what you're doing. I'd suggest a regular sitting practice to balance out all that spinal breathing and asanas.
There's nowhere to get to. It will take some time to purify, just enjoy the ride because that's all there is.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  2:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think 90 min spinal breathing per day is crazy if you have excessive kundalini symptoms. I'd take that down to zero for a while and see if it calms down. If it's calmed down for at least 2-3 months, I would then try max 5 min/day and see if I can keep stable.

Spinal breathing is one of THE most kundalini increasing things you can do. I have done none for several years due to kundalini symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  3:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that is a lot of SB. In AYP we only do 10 mins of SB at most twice per day. Maybe I missed it but are you doing any meditation along with you SB?
Go to Top of Page

nishantchhabra

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  12:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC/Jonesboy, thanks a ton for your inputs.

But if i am not supposed to do more of spinal breathing, what all activities you suggest i can do during the day time (as i need some spiritual practice to keep me conscious of the energy around me).
Whenever i make a gap in my practices, i can feel myself trapped in my old thought pattern & emotions !!!!

Edited by - nishantchhabra on May 30 2013 05:51:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  03:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jonesboy, good question. I also wondered about meditation. That's the base of it all. Only kundalini won't take you long...

I'd also inquire more your no 12... You are working - that is excellent! Are you doing any family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Give some of your energy away for those who need it!

And please, check out the main lessons here! Starting from the beginning! AYP is a balanced way to proceed.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  09:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nishantchhabra

Hi EMC/Jonesboy, thanks a ton for your inputs.

But if i am not supposed to do more of spinal breathing, what all activities you suggest i can do during the day time (as i need some spiritual practice to keep me conscious of the energy around me).
Whenever i make a gap in my practices, i can feel myself trapped in my old thought pattern & emotions !!!!

I don't know what you're perspective is, but meditation is a necessary practice long term, if you want stability.

Honestly, your symptoms don't seem to be extreme but its all relative.
There's a balance between doing enough to move forward and doing too much. That's yoga my friend.
Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  10:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no escape from the old thought patterns. There are a lot of things that you can do you just have to look at the lessons. AYP may start off with only 10 mins of DM but it builds on to it as we are ready. When we are not and have overreached it has methods to help us with that also.

I know that if I did 90 mins of SB a day I would be scared of whats coming down the road for me; because it is not a balanced practice.

You may not want to hear this but EMC is right.

Stop doing SB for now.
Start doing DM. Start at 10 mins then work up to 20 mins twice per day. Once that feels solid add in 10 mins of SB and see how that feels to you over a couple of weeks. Before you know it your practice will be more than your 90 mins per day but in a balanced way.

I hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

nishantchhabra

India
6 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  12:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all, will keep the above points in mind & share my progress soon !!!
Go to Top of Page

nishantchhabra

India
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  08:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I do a lot of walking meditation while listening to Gita , i.e. while walking i recite mantra (OM) & focus inwards with bhakti for almost every alternate breath(i use headphones with mobile & walk inside my residential society).

Also i do DM, not very regular in DM (m sorry for this, i am trying to make it regular).

I need your guidance in my practice:

Whenever i do DM, the force in my spine gets active & starts moving my head in left direction which i mentioned earlier also. But no i can feel that the force is going only on my left side of spine/neck & brain. The right part is not much active with this force. My nostrils are shifting their turns (no nose blockage) but my left nostril is more active.

1.Please guide me for this situation.

2.When i try to do SB, i can feel some problem in balancing the focus
I request guidance on balancing this also.

3.Shall i continue walking meditation or stop it ? As it helps me in practicing at good length in weekends & i am focused/active this way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000