Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Tinnitus, anxiety and faints caused by meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwater1

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  07:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I was really glad to find topics on meditation induced tinnitus in this forum but I found nothing on faints and strong anxiety, so I decided to start a new topic and I hope that you can help me.

I'm a 24-year-old student from Germany and I started meditating about 2 years ago. After about 3-4 weeks of meditating every morning, I fainted during meditation. From then on I had a 4-week-period of horror because I felt so weak and I lied in bed all the time with a strong tinnitus, and especially in the mornings I felt strong inexplicable anxiety in addition to the tinnitus and the weakness that I had.

Then about a year later, I decided that I start meditating again. And again after a couple of days during meditation I felt that I was about to faint, so I stopped immediately, my hands were very red and again I had a tinnitus and anxiety every morning for a week or so.

Now I started again a couple of days ago and again I have this tinnitus and anxiety every morning. I figured that since I do cardio workout now, my blood circulation should be better and that that would possibly solve the problem, but it doesn't.

If it was only the tinnitus, I would just keep meditating. But the anxiety and especially the faints are holding me back.

I would be really really grateful if somebody could tell me why that happens and what I can do about it.

Best wishes
David

PS: I went to several doctors from different departments and they all said I was absolutely healthy.

Edited by - AYPforum on May 15 2013 3:33:25 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  9:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coolwater1 and welcome
what kind of meditation you do?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwater1

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  3:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maheswari,

I sit down on a chair leaning back comfortably, but I keep an erect spine. I mostly observe my bodily sensations but I also observe my breath and try to be very present and free of thought. I would say it's vipassana meditation but actually I didn't really study the subject of meditation. All I know about meditation and spirituality is what I read in the books "8 Minute Meditation" by Victor Davich and "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  3:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  02:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so medically you are ok
do your symptoms calm down soon enough after you stop your practices?for how long you observe your breath?
it is obvious that you are over sensitive since even breath meditation is over loading you
so avoid mantra meditation
and avoid breath meditation
i suggest that you stop all practices for some time, ground yourself a lot ....i m quoting a recent post by Jim and his Karma where he explains very well what you should do:
quote:
Ground yourself, sharply reduce practice timings, walk, do worldly stuff, eat heavy, exercise, engage in moderate sexual release. Basically do the opposite of all the stuff people do when they get "spiritual". Talking, not silence. Engagement, not solitude. Essentially: self-pace your surrendering

Later on when you feel ready to practice again , you can check this thread:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12918

maybe the do nothing mediation will suits you just fine
hope this helps

Edited by - maheswari on May 16 2013 02:02:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Coolwater1

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  07:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thank you maheswari, that really makes sense and I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

My symptoms calm down pretty quickly after I stop the meditation. But they are the strongest when I wake up in the morning. I would just feel extremely vulnerable for no reason.

When I meditate, I observe my breath and my body sensations for 5-10 minutes.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My symptoms calm down pretty quickly after I stop the meditation. But they are the strongest when I wake up in the morning. I would just feel extremely vulnerable for no reason.

since the symptoms calm down it is overload,not the drama of premature kundalini awakening...yet overload and over sensitivity are serious things and can not be ignored otherwise the consequences will be bad....so proceed as suggested ie stop all practices for now... several weeks at least....then in case you feel an inner call to resume meditation you can try Adyashanti meditation...
and yes overload is always accompanied by extreme fatigue in the morning....
take care
Go to Top of Page

Coolwater1

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  2:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your help, maheswari
Go to Top of Page

chicritter

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know exactly what these symptoms are like. I also had a friend on a retreat, he actually started heaving for air and collapsed whilst he was meditating with empty mind. i had to hold him up.
I'm at the point i still get the anxiety symptom occasionally, but is seems to very slowly be converting to excitement or bliss over time.
I have not found a cure for it, but stopping meditation completely helps and doing a lot of grounding things.
Go to Top of Page

seek123

India
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  07:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
. Namastey, Coolwater1. I know of someone who experienced faints for 45-50 seconds at a time. He would not be able to stand on his own when the faint came and would have to immediately sit down or lie down. He would experience himself vibrating within his own body and the form of vibrating body was same as external body, only it was like his astral body within the gross body). The vibrations were like huge jolts of fine vibrations within, not visible to external observer. Body identification would vanish for this period only to return after the experience.

These faints were accompanied by loud tinnitus that would remain at very very slight levels afterwards.

Please see if this description of faintness has any resemblance to yours. If yes, I could help sharing these experiences more elaborately. God bless all

Edited by - seek123 on Jul 01 2013 07:48:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2013 :  12:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwater1

If it was only the tinnitus, I would just keep meditating. But the anxiety and especially the faints are holding me back.

Like others have said, you seem to be oversensitive and simply focusing for a few minutes skyrockets your energy. The ringing noise in ears is most surely highly active energy. I'm guessing that the overload causes fainting or ejection of consciousness out of the body. Its something one would want but not without control or without awareness.

I'm one of the oversensitive kinds and I'm also hoping that the scary symptoms will go away. From my experience I can say that stopping the practice totally works. You can surely try other things like a different techniques, but these will not relieve you in my opinion. Stopping works best.

When you feel healthy again (which you already are physically), you can take small steps, like meditation with physical yoga or meditating only for a minute. Schedule it once every week, hopefully that will be not too much. Later make it twice a week and still later alternate days. It make take many months to find your comfortable pace and duration.

You might also like to read everything about AYP here. Its very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2013 :  10:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sanjeev

When you feel healthy again (which you already are physically), you can take small steps, like meditation with physical yoga or meditating only for a minute. Schedule it once every week, hopefully that will be not too much. Later make it twice a week and still later alternate days. It make take many months to find your comfortable pace and duration.

Hi Sanjeev

This is very excellent advice for the oversensitive. I too am one of the oversensitive types and have found that moving meditation, or combining meditation with physical activity, works very well..in that it effectively releases most of the potential overload out of the body via exercise. From my experience, any kind of routine sitting meditation for more than a few minutes at a time, causes extreme ungroundedness. Even for a few minutes it can become a strain, and often it is necessary to do a grounding followup to alleviate overload symptoms.

Thank you for your post.

parvati
Go to Top of Page

chicritter

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  01:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A cure for all these symptoms that worked for me:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13078

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000