Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  10:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
Except Swami Satyananda Saraswati's books and also the Norman Paulsen's book (Sacred Science), I have found the following three books which claim to reveal kriya yoga secret techniques. I haven't tried the methods yet. Here they are:

1. The first book is a free ebook: Kriya Yoga - Synthesis of a Personal Experience; by: Ennio Nimis. Find it here.

2. Kriya Secrets Revealed: Complete Lessons and Techniques; by: J C Stevens. Published in Jan 2013.

3. Kriya-yoga: The Science of Life-force; by: Swami Nityananda Giri. Published in 2013.

Enjoy!

If you have any comments about these 3 books (their authenticity, etc.), please feel free to leave a comment.

Edited by - Moola_Bandha on Mar 26 2013 10:45:48 PM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  12:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
The practices of Sri Satyananda's main book (a systematic course..) and possibly his follow up Kundalini Kriyas are also covered by Manoj the Yogi for free on his blog. I've not verified to what level of detail he goes in since I haven't read the first one fully.

Ennio Nimis' book was a good read, and seems to have enough detail and clarity to put it to practice (assuming you have the time for it).

Alan Verdegraa was another author that I've come across to provide free materials (though not the follow-up videos) at the tantra magazine website on his "tantric kriya yoga" routine. Not sure if those issues are still on the market or if all the links at its home page really work, though you can find it also on scribd.

About authenticity, that falls more in the domain of subjectivity, where everyone goes about it using the best methods at their disposal, carrying on in the shared spirit of "whatever works."
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  12:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  12:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, exactly. If it works, it's good/authentic enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  10:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MB and Aum,

Thanks! I spent one whole day last week reading Ennio Nimmis' excellent book. It is a rare gem, and I absolutely adore his honesty and the sustained zeal of seeking (found it very inspiring). I also appreciate the subtle details about techniques, modifications, what to expect, etc.

Just yesterday, I ordered the second book by JC Stephens - can't wait to read this. Will update when I'm done..

Totally agree with Aum on authenticity. Having been initiated in two different Kriya techniques (both claiming to be the "only" authentic method), my current approach is to using "whatever works".

Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  06:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kami,

J C Stevens's book is very detailed. I think you'll enjoy it. Don't forget to add your comments when you are done!

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MB,

Started the book and simply cannot put it down! It is very detailed, and I very much appreciate that. For a while I stared at the picture on the front cover, unable to grasp the familiarity - until it hit me that that is exactly what I see in Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka!

At the time I started reading Ennio Nimmis' book, I was at a fever pitch of longing for the guru, having been exposed to Babaji a few weeks prior. It was nothing I had ever experienced - I could not sleep or eat or do much. I felt frozen, firmly turned inward, with not much to do with the external world at all - conversations, discussions, thoughts, emotions, everything seemed to bounce off a solid wall I seemed to have built around myself. Within which were just me, Krishna and Babaji. My dreams at night were about the guru, my thoughts during the day about the guru, and my heart was firmly fixed on the guru..

I have no idea how I was led to this book - probably searching for more on Babaji.. When I was reading this author's account of finding the guru within, I was severely shaken out of my reverie - for it is so similar to my own path. Very quietly, that great longing turned "on its head" and lo and behold - there was the guru! At different times, the guru has taken different forms - Yogani, Easwaran, Tolle, Ramana, Adya, Katrine, Carson, Parallax, Jeff, Chas, Kirtanman, Anthem, Karl, Mr Anderson, Cosmic, Bodhi Tree, Christi, Shanti, AumNaturel, etc etc.. And of course, my dear Babaji.. And my Beloved, Krishna. They are all within. What Yogani has been saying all along, of course.. But, as with everything in life, direct experience, (that crucial "a-ha!") is the only thing that matters. Until then, they are just concepts. This, for me, was the greatest lesson in this book.

The nuances of techniques in this book are also absolutely fantastic. Making minor changes to existing techniques does make a huge difference. For example, for more than two years now, I've constantly heard a reverberating "Om", that intensifies during sitting practices. I've ignored it in favor of the mantra. However, just letting it be, and merging with the sound of the Om is sublime, blissful, and effortlessly drags awareness into samadhi/void (loss of all perception). Also, adding just Navi Kriya intensifies the "going within" of pranayama.. Very beautiful!

Thanks for starting this thread. Do you practice any of the techniques in these books? Would love to hear your experiences.

Love,
kami

Edited by - kami on Apr 04 2013 3:19:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I've also read Ennio's book. In the other ones,is it recomended to practice Navi Kriya before or after Pranayama (Spinal Breathing)?

Love,
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Although the techniques are not described, I also love Purana Purusha, based on Lahiri Mahasaya's diaries.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will Power,

In this book, Navi Kriya is practiced before spinal breathing.

Thanks for the recommendation - Purana Purusha is next on my reading list.

Best,
Kami
Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  08:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

Thanks for sharing your view point. I agree, it's a great book.

At the moment, I'm not practicing its techniques. I want to stick to AYP for a while.

Another book I've bought about Babaji is here.

You might want to check it out.

All the best,
MB
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  2:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey here,

the book "Kriya Secrets Revealed" is in front of me right now. Pretty dense and Information full, nicely organized. I' not through it, but some info for you:

The practices are still partly interpreted by the author, e.g. the main kriya breath -which is spinal breathing- is... =P

Yogani's SBP, Yogananda's kriya pranayama and Gurunath's kriya pranayama use the same route through sushumna up and down, from 1st to 6th chakra. The author messes up in the brain region going partly to the crown, dividing the attention into two spots, then refusing and not going down through sushumna but from the outside of the body..

The other kriya elements are more accurate, but the main spinal breath is to my experience, observation of lineages and their practices not the correct one.

It is interesting that he gives Lahiri Mahasaya's variant too, the author calls it "the kutashta variant of kriya pranayama" as a second alternation of that practice but according to the author only for specific purposes and not as the main or true kriya breath. But this kutashta variant is again in line with Yogani, Yogananda, Gurunath and Co. =P

Can't comment on the higher kriyas, looking at this compilation and organization, Gurunath e.g. only teaches the first kriya with all its elements. Still many of his students has blossomed beautifully and as Lahiri Mahasaya explained, the first kriya is enough for kaivalya. The higher and highest kriyas concentrate a lot on the third eye and crown region (crazy crown pratices =)

The higher kriyas resemble those of Ennio Nimis famous book and the author mentions that he was in contact with Ennio, so most probably both had the same sources (diaries etc.) or the author took a LOT of information from Ennio's work.

What I really like are Lahiri's quotations!! The book gives insight into the practices and routines together with words from Lahiri and this is really inspirative and motivative, especially some subtle hints from Lahiri are priceless.

The book is good, all in all, but this body mind here would not be satisfied with it for too long. The author obviously lacks his own ultimate insights, and therefor interprets some things the way he believes or understands them to be. This is not ideal, but one can extract the goods out of this book (all from Lahiri^^) with some own inner insights of own practices and results :)

So earlier or later going to some living master of the known lineages would cost not much more than the book and would be way more authorative and motivative to really practice the techniques. Yet the book still gets a recommendation here, not only for those into kriya yoga but also for those practicing AYP.

Thanks to the thread opener for the hint to this book and happy practicing to all :)

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  11:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,

Thanks for the input. I'd agree that there is not much difference between SBP in AYP and the first kriya pranayama as described in this book. I like these two books particularly for descriptions of the "higher kriyas", which is what I was seeking. I enjoyed reading about Lahiri Mahasaya and Purana Purusha is on its way.,

Having been initiated into two different kriya techniques in the past, I'm quite content with core AYP practices and experimenting with adding others. Not being drawn to any further initiations at this time.

Love,
kami

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  05:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I am reading "Kriya Secrets Revealed" and I find it an awesome work. I specially like how it is presented, divided in lessons, and in each lesson a table with the practices and the times of practices, and an epigraph on when to move to the next level. I find the book very bhakti increasing with Lahiri Mahasaya's quotes and the comments on focusing on the guru within instead of external images.

Higher Kriyas are a way to evolve faster, if one desires to do so. "Thokar" involves the heart chakra, not crown staff.

The third book has a very high price, and for the moment I am not going to read it.

Thanks a lot Moola_Bhanda!
Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  05:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Great that you've found it useful.

Edited by - Moola_Bandha on Apr 16 2013 05:56:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

sergei.nakariakov.5

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  12:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone read the book :

Kriya Yoga: Core Principles and Practice by Ancient Kriya Yoga Mission
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  1:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sergei.nakariakov.5

Has anyone read the book :

Kriya Yoga: Core Principles and Practice by Ancient Kriya Yoga Mission

I glanced it and felt that book was not covering all the kriyas and over pricey for the contents
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  7:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Wanted to comment on the two mentioned books. Ennio Nimis online Kriya Synthesis Of An Experience. This is a wealth of kriya knowledge that Mr. Nimis has shared with all. It is a great resource of many of the methods of Kriya Yoga.

I was curious about J. C. Stevens book, Kriya Secrets Revealed and purchased it from Amazon several months ago. I have browsed through it at least 8 or 9 times. It does contain a good deal of information. I like the fact that Nadi Shodhonan and various pranayamas, mudras, and asanas are included in this comprehensive work book. It is easy to read and follow. Many aspects taken from Hatha Yoga along with the different schools of Kriya Yoga is mentioned.

I'm another person who is strongly for experimenting on your own, do whatever works. Like Kami, I am not seeking more Kriya initiation(s).
Go to Top of Page

sergei.nakariakov.5

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  05:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigo

Wanted to comment on the two mentioned books.

I loved both these books and learnt a lot. I am looking for more details on Kriya Yoga.

Just ordered the book :
Kriya Yoga Unlocked: The Missing Manual for Everyone by Triloki Nath.
Waiting for it to arrive and hoping this will add to my practice.

Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  08:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay Book Review time. This is my opinion of Books And literature I have read, remember just 1 persons opinion the facts are up to you, for you whomever you may be.

Okay since this is about Kriya lets start with:

Autobiography of a Yogi.

My Experience and Opinion: This is one of my favorite books of all time it is a fantastic piece of literature masterfully blended with truths and real events of a persons lifetime. Once upon a time I was searching as a child to learn what the extraordinary events of my life were all about why they happened and what my attitudes and sentiments were all about. This book related none other than my own experiences that were very similar indeed the author reflected my extreme love for God and the intimate knowing of God as a reality.

By the time of reading this book I had already traced what I needed to know back from Japan to China to Mother India.

I had learned a great many things but was certain Pranayama was the key the ticket the tool.

When I read the general description of Kriya scanning the book it was like a light going on of a half remembered thing I purchased the book and devoured it, I wanted to know about Kriya Pranayama so was disappointed at the end but also happy to discover the organization he founded still existed and I could learn from them.

Content of the book: The life and times of Paramahansa Yogananda.

Benefit: The knowledge that Kriya exists.

Detraction: Many of the events can be hard to believe. Later in life events of my life have made these more credible.

Opinion of Author: Well meaning well intended advanced Yogi who fulfilled bringing Kriya to the West as it was for him to deliver. I think it was just his job to get the ball rolling. Here we all are as proof that he accomplished that as the particulars continue to be revealed.

SRF Lessons this is the Mother of all published Kriya information from the beginning of its explosion into the world.

My Experience and Opinion: too much information. Too much devotional aspect for my tastes.

Content of the Lessons: A smorgasbord of stuff and that if thrown against a wall surly someone will find something that sticks.

Benefit: Brought the information of Kriya to the world in the past and many seem to derive benefit from being affiliated with SRF.

Detraction: This way was not the way for me and in fact turned me off Kriya for a long time.

Opinion of Author: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Kriya Yoga it's mystery and performing art: Swami Sudhanananda Giri. Whew hope I got the right number of an, an, an in there.

My Experience and Opinion: This book was the first I was exposed to after SRF it made me scratch my head and think what the What???? This sounds like Kriya but it is different. Really different talking about things like Kechari Mudra, and other phenomena Kriyabans experience. This blew my mind so I researched and discovered what Kechari Mudra was and thought whoa these people are insane. No way Kriya has to do with sticking your tongue up there! that is dirty and disgusting.

Content of the book: Did you ever get that creeping feeling something a parent sanitized and told you was not quite true? and when you find out later where babies really come from and not the cabbage patch it is well harder to believe than the cabbage patch? Yeah it was this kind of feeling. The content of the book is very good but requires experience in order to understand. This book will not outright teach the techniques of Kriya to the uninitiated but will give insight to those that are and have achieved some measure of practice in Kriya.

Detraction: This was the first venture away from SRF sanitized Kriya. I cannot say it encouraged me to pursue Kriya as much of what was written was not comprehensible at the time.

Benefit: Fast forward to 2013 Everything in the book makes perfect since in light of actual experience. The benefit is that it offers confirmation of that which has been experienced and insight into other things.

Opinion of Author: The Author knows of that which they write in a deep experiential way and would be a good one to learn from were he more accessible. Author is Authentic.

Ennio Nimis Comparative research into Kriya 3 part Book online free publication updated annually.

My Experience and Opinion: Ennio Nimis free online Book. Part 1The story of this persons life is similar to my own. Where we diverge is with SRF involvement, I am more analytical of temperament whereas Ennio is more devotional in nature, that is not to say he lacks intellect nor analytical prowess. We diverged with SRF He stuck it through and really struggled with it for years, I dropped it like a hot potato.

I also was turned off with Kriya over this whereas it fueled Ennio to seek other teachers, Hariharananda and Shibendu in specific though not named in his writings.

Parts 2 and 3 this book is offered freely to the world for the express purpose of comparative research into Kriya. This book is not instruction on how to practice Kriya nor a workout Manuel.

Content of the book: Ennio has shared what he discovered first hand and what others have shared with him.

Detraction: People as is ego driven human nature ignore the fact that Ennio has declaimed his writing as how to practice Kriya and therefore also ignore that often what has been shared with him are half remembered instructions from a weekend initiation ceremony and not even first hand. Ennio has filled in the blanks in many instances further altering the story told round the room, there is nothing wrong with this in light of the fact that this is meant for comparative research not instruction.. If one attempts to put together a Kriya practice from this gathered information they do so against the authors warnings.

Benefit: This publication really helps to fill in allot of missing information. from the perspective of one who has been put through the ringer to discover Kriya Techniques and made to endure all kinds of involvement and personal sacrifice in order to obtain information he sought.

Opinion of Author: Have you ever heard divorced people speak of a former spouse? it is always from a polarized perspective of one who has been put through the ringer by another person for their involvement with them. This is what it is like here Ennio had to satisfy his hunger to discover Kriya and endured allot in order to obtain the information he sought.

I view this authors efforts as altruistic and well meaning he will lovingly help anyone who asks for information no questions asked.There can be no fault found with this author.

Stevens workbook

My Experience and Opinion: In a nut shell not impressed.

Content of the book: The content of the book is an attempt to take the content of Ennio's book specifically parts 2 and 3 and organize it into a workbook for Kriya, the editor Mr. Stevens has generously borrowed from many earlier publications to fill out famous Quotes and has also added quite a bit of his own ideas to techniques.

Benefit: If one ignores the attempt to make a workbook and uses this as a comparative research volume into Kriya specifically by comparing and contrasting it to Ennios book it can be appreciated where the editor Stevens has in some instance clarified what Ennio was describing. If one is looking for earlier SRF Teachings these are also included.

Detraction: If one attempts to go no further than this book to learn Kriya and this is the first source they encounter they are likely to be overwhelmed by the shear amount of information. I predict the person attempting to practice Kriya form this or any other book will make a place on the shelf for the book and their sadhana as well. For the initiated Kriyaban who has practiced twice daily for some time the danger is less due to experience and may find this informative which is what the source material was meant to be. A comparative volume for Kriya Research.

Opinion of Author / Editor : Misguided and has tried to take the respected work of a friend and bring it to it's logical conclusion; training in how to practice Kriya. I disagree with most if not all of the authors opinions, and made up routines and feel that the author writes from above his actual level of realization and experience but is overall well meaning and is not profit motivated.

Purana Purusha Ashoke Chatterjee

My Experience and Opinion: This is an incredible look into Lahiri Mahasaya's life time and revels much of this great masters personality which is not as fantastical as others would write and is a welcome read.

Content of the book: The contents of the book are of the Authors devout opinion and recorded from many personal sources.

Benefit: Reading of the Life and times of this great Yogi the one true authority on Kriya are uplifting and offer some glimpse clarity from the modern versions we see today which are mostly being pushed out by the religious monastics and lack the true understanding of what it means to be the householder or working person that practices Kriya Sadhana. One also comes to realize there is no need to be greedy for more techniques as the contents of the first initiation are more than enough and that work is needed.

Detraction: None.

Opinion of Author: The author is devoted to Lahiri Mahasaya beyond easy understanding and as such would never dare write anything untrue on purpose but his own self authoritative opinions & affinities are clearly seen in places in the book. One may only wonder what his experiences in Kriya Sadhana have been to lead to such attitudes and his continued works in India. It is obvious there is a very strong enduring motivation, I respect this author.

Kriya Finding the true Path Swami Satyeswarananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: The title is completely misleading but only from a certain point of view.

Content of the book: The content of the book is a historical recounting from the authors perspective and is heavily opinionated and disingenuous. The majority of the content has to do with SRF Yogoda Satsanga and the Authors ill opinions of both as well as history from his point of view of the happenings surrounding those times.

Benefit: One gets to see SRF and Yogoda Satsanga from the historical perspective of the Author.

Detraction: Far too many to list, the Author comes across as aggressive, bitter, opinionated, unkind and negative throughout the book. At the end of the book the author states only 10% of humanity are fit to practice Kriya, one must be able to sit in full lotus posture and one must have the correct body type. That is contrary to the way Lahiri Mahasaya freely taught as recorded-by numerous sources.

A person that is happy with SRF / Yogoda Satsanga should avoid this Author and his writings at all cost he will only cause mental and emotional upset coupled with faith destroying unhappiness in such persons

Opinion of Author: I do not resonate with this Author.

BIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI Swami Satyeswarananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: A more interesting read than the last thank goodness and less negative but still historically heavy on the vine with more Kriya information than the previous book of dubious title.

Content of the book: Mostly about Yogananda's boyhood friend Satyananda but has some Kriya info although the Author beats around the bush and never comes directly to the point about any technique. It is informative to the initiated and practicing though.

Benefit: A nice stroll down memory lane and interesting to find out more about his Guru Satyananda. Some helpful information for one searching for original Kriya techniques that are not organization influenced.

Detraction: There is the ever-present issues the Author has with the organizations as described in the other book.

Opinion of Author: Someone who promotes himself as put upon by none other than Babaji to write. I just do not resonate with this author.

[ Yoni Tantra by Bali Gopi commentary on selected versus in-light of Kriya Yoga

My Experience and Opinion: Excellent publication I can not recommend this highly enough.

Content of the book: The content describes exactly what one experiences in Kriya sadhana and aids on in making sense of what it is and why it is.

Benefit: Confirmation after the fact is good and reading before experiencing is also good it helps one to understand what is happening when it does.

Detraction: The contents are going not going to be well understood by the average lay person or one who has not experienced what is described. I assure everyone reading these words the contents are indeed factual.

Opinion of Author: Trustworthy in every way and the intent is to be of service to the practicing Kriyaban, excellent!

Yogiraj Shri Shri Lahiri Mahasaya Jogesh Bhattacharya

My Experience and Opinion: A short read but enjoyable.

Content of the book: One could well consider this a condensed version Purana Purusha but should not fail to obtain via Kindle it is worth the read.

Benefit:There are stories never before seen in the exact way and the flavor of the stories hits home where the feeling counts.

Opinion of Author: Devout to Lahiri Baba and well meaning.

The Scriptual Commentaries of Yogiraj Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya English Translation by Yogi Niketan Voluemas 1,2 & Charak & Avinashi Kabir Gita & Srimad Bhagavad Gita:

My Experience and Opinion: All of the titles listed are grouped together as the content is similar. All are of similar content all are well worth reading.

Content of the book: All of these books are what either Lahiri Mahasaya Or Sri Yukteswar explain of scripture in-light of Kriya.

Benefit: For the experienced Kriyaban you will understand what has been written and the parts you do not understand you will later by continuing your sadhana.

Detraction: The books are difficult to understand without Kriya experience and a person not from Indian culture will find it a bit odd until they realize that the Sanatana Dharma is inseparable from Kriya.

Opinion of Author: The Author or Authors have made information available from the original language with every effort to maintain the integrity of the original without inputting anything extra from their own their own personal tastes or opinions no further translations of the works are necessary.

Kriya Yoga Hariharananda

My Experience and Opinion: The 1980's version is more to the point surrounding the techniques but only makes sense to the person who has been initiated into them as they are Hariharananda's own modifications he is discussing, the current version is also very good but has become even more of a tool for students to refer to after initiation, as well as an introduction to Hariharananda's Kriya for those who have not yet.

Content of the book: The book does not seek to teach Kriya as the persons usually buying them have already been taught but goes into deep explanation of the principals of practice and offers many ah ha moments.

Benefit: A better understanding of what one was taught as the teachings changed over the years so has the different revisions of this book.

Opinion of Author: It is clear that the Author is a highly advanced Yogi and the writing is very well done from experience and close to 100 years of wearing a mortal frame.

Jnana Sakalini Tantra Paramahansa Prajnanananda current leader of Kriya Yoga International

My Experience and Opinion: A very good book that clears up many misconceptions of Tantra.

Content of the book: Mostly about Tantra it's history and scriptural relevance

Benefit: Facilitates better understanding of Kriya.

Detraction: None well written and very clear.

Opinion of Author: The author offers a very scholarly and insightful explanation of Tantra seldom found anywhere obviously an advanced Yogi.

Kriya Yoga The Science of life Force Swami NItyananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: I am still reading this but so far it is a remarkable piece of literature so my final opinion is not formed.

It can thus-far be seen that he does indeed know of that which he writes. What is astounding to me is that a Swami has broken his vows and written this book revealing Kriya this is truly a first and is momentous in that unlike all the rest of the Swami order that came before him in publication he does not beat around the bush but goes directly to it and describes method and execution of techniques.

Content of the book: From the Swami's explanation I can readily see he describes the source techniques the core of the distortions and alterations are readily recognized, any true Kriya Scholar and Kriyaban or van should make every reasonable effort to obtain this book.

Benefit: The Swami explains the entirety of Kriya from every conceivable perspective to make it abundantly clear as well as cautions that anyone attempting to practice Kriya from this book does so at their own risk. Furthermore this is an attempt to fulfill the desire of so many which include myself to know the unaltered distorted techniques of Kriya that have been being released on line and in publication in recent years, as well as by well intended lay persons and organizations.

He also explains the reason for publishing this is that secrecy has allowed the afore mentioned conditions to flourish.

This is a very noble aspiration But has it come in time?

Is it too little too late?

Can this be believed?

The swami does not focus solely on how to practice Kriya but every aspect of sadhana in a clear and logical manner. The more of this book I read the more I am convinced this person is for real and they way he describes things is so nice and easy to understand.

Detraction: It is difficult to believe in the stated mission of this publication in light of the vows of a monastic being discarded other than that there are none no detractions whosoever at all. This is an excellent publication on the topic even though a sceptic might say look at this part of this book and say it is copied from another source in the techniques of higher Kriya still their is enough unique insight on the Swami's part that I doubt the similarities are a result of plagiarism.

Opinion of Author: The Author is One that knows he knows. I am certain the rest of the quote need not be written. I have great respect for this authors clarity in his style of writing and can affirm that the experiences he describes are on target. This author is to be trusted in my opinion.

Final: I may update this review when I finish the book.

Thanks everyone I hope this review of Kriya related literature I have shared will help someones understanding but remember there is no substitute for personal instruction and frequent practice.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  08:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ex for a very interesting summation of the books
I also feel that Swami Nityanada is the real deal and also very accessible via email.
Thank you
C

Edited by - snake on Nov 26 2013 08:44:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  09:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate your review very much EK.
I believe it is of great value, thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  12:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you as well it is nice to know when hours of work have found a use for someone beyond fulfillment of my own egos desire to express and be of service to others.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  4:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks E K for the review!
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  6:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I am awaiting the arrival of Swami Nityananda Giri's book.... Kriya Yoga, The Science of Life Force. Should be arriving from Amazon this week. Can't wait to dive into this and compare my experiences from Kriya practice with what the swami writes about. His book may shine new light for me on various things.

I also would like to thank the members of these forums who posted information about this book.( Snake, EK, MB)If you guys hadn't posted I would not have known this exists.

Edited by - Indigo on Nov 26 2013 10:45:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Axh50268

Argentina
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  07:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear all, do you have any update / Comments on the book Kriya-yoga: The Science of Life-force; by: Swami Nityananda Giri after reading it ?

Thanks,
Ariel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000