Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dwizzle36

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
(EDIT:Book being referred to is Kriya Yoga:The Science of Life Force by Swami Nityananda Giri.)

I have enjoyed what I have read of the book so far. I started with the section of the book that discusses the techniques and then went back and started the book from the beginning. I can say that it has positively enhanced my practice. It seems to be more aligned with Hariharananda's kriya and gives good explanations of much of those techniques that are described differently in other places (Ennio Nimis or JC Stevens). Like most of these books, the grammar etc isn't the best. So, if you can overlook that kind of stuff, there is a great deal of value in the information this book contains.

Edited by - dwizzle36 on Feb 24 2014 2:32:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Axh50268

Argentina
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  12:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your posting!

Ariel
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  10:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
After having fully read the book and studying it exhaustively to include communicating with the author I can say this book contains recipes for Spiritual Practice and explanations for them. The Author calls this Kriya.

This recipe for spiritual practice likely is a combination of practices that were first taught by Sri Yukteswar and then later changed by Hariharananda as they are not the same that are being taught today by the organization Hariharananda left behind but the connection is unmistakeable.

The Practices being explained and described in this book are being named Kriya as do the KYI practices which represents the final teaching of Hariharananda.

Both of these recipes are not the same as the one named Kriya by Lahiri Mahasaya that is handed down through the lineages that are not Monastic.

The book is well written and worth buying. If I had to do it all over again I would buy this book.

Here is a funny thing and something that surprised the heck out of me. After reading this book and working some of the practices into my Sadhana of Hariharinanda it had a very odd effect.

More on this over here... http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=8

In closing anyone interested in Working with Prana will find effective techniques in this book and get a good education as well. Out of all the books I have purchased that describe the theory of Sadhana and the practices contained in these pages regardless of the name they are being called this book is one of the very best.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  12:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Update I have ran out of time so there will be a delay in posting in the thread mentioned above.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  1:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered where that promised post was EK!

I look forward to it whenever you get time.
Go to Top of Page

Rod100

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  6:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad you posted these three books on Kriya Yoga. I'll start by saying I have all of Satyananda Saraswatis books and believe he is an incredible yogic master. However, his form of Kriya Yoga is a modification that is mainly based on more traditional Tantric practices, which any form of Kriya has Tantric roots. However, the term Kriya Yoga was coined by Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya and guru Babaji, therefore if your looking for the original Kriya Yoga, one should look for their version. Being a Kriyaban for some time, I can attest for the for the fact that Ennio Nimis and J.C. Stevens have comprised the most accurate literature on the original Kriya Yoga as taught by Lahiri Mahasaya that is available to the public (being highly secretive). Swami Nityanada Giri's book is also very accurate, only some slight variations taught by his particular lineage (as can be seen by comparing). I hope this helps people on their journeys to liberation!
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  1:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
i like jc 's book. i prefer his methods over ennio's as well. just look at the csf flow in the spine. it's obvious. in order to stay inside the sushuma you go from 5th to bindu v and pentrate throgh the brain. not to medulla where it exits the body and lands on top of the head (atleast the majority of energy does). you miss the ajna knot just as by going to bhrum you also miss that knot.

Edited by - adishivayogi on May 03 2014 1:07:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  12:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a curious bit of posting and not very clear maybes a typo?

from below: in order to stay inside the sushuma you go from 5th to bindu v and pentrate throgh the brain.

Would you mind clearing this up? Also what page is this found on in which edition of the book, different editions were rapidly put out for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

i like jc 's book. i prefer his methods over ennio's as well. just look at the csf flow in the spine. it's obvious. in order to stay inside the sushuma you go from 5th to bindu v and pentrate throgh the brain. not to medulla where it exits the body and lands on top of the head (atleast the majority of energy does). you miss the ajna knot just as by going to bhrum you also miss that knot.

Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  07:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if it's in the book but if you look at a picture(xray) of the csf route you ll see. Why bring energy to the back of the brain when lahiri says energy must pass in the middle for you to go into samadhi?
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  12:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
This point you are bringing up is a technical one I have long considered. Please do not take this as being argumentative, just an attempt for clarification. I would really love to understand more about what it is you are writing.

I will try to be more clear with my question and explain a few things you may or may not yet have been exposed to.

quote:
just look at the csf flow in the spine.

I do not draw a direct correlation between physical structures and ones that do not exist on the physical plane. In my opinion it is a mistake of reasoning to do so other than to use physical structures as superficial trigger points for example:

Brhum is the Kshetram or trigger point for Ajna in the front where as Medulla is the rear trigger in-between lies Ajna in the center. The connection between the two is made in Kechari when the desire of shakti is present to make the tongue go up in-between this circuit is Ajna.

quote:
it's obvious. in order to stay inside the sushuma you go from 5th to bindu v and pentrate throgh the brain.

Without knowing what you are calling Bindu v it is far from obvious, please do illustrate further. What channel is there through the brain?

quote:
to medulla where it exits the body and lands on top of the head (atleast the majority of energy does).

Good observation as medulla is in direct line with the top of the head it is at Medulla tha Sushumna bifurcates foreword to Bruhm and upwards to Fontanel.

quote:
Why bring energy to the back of the brain when lahiri says energy must pass in the middle for you to go into samadhi?

You may have your anatomy mistaken. It appears you may be confusing the Cerebellum with Medulla please see this picture here for clarification.

I am looking through my literature but in the meantime perhaps you could site where it is written that Lahiri said this? Through the center can have different meanings.

For Example Samadhi is had in what feels like the Fontanel not Ajna the entry is via the pineal not the pituitary as a physical correlation.

http://www.crystalinks.com/thirdeyepineal.html

quote:
you miss the ajna knot just as by going to bhrum you also miss that knot.

There is no such thing as an Ajna knot in the traditions calling themselves Kriya household or otherwise .

The Granthis or Knots which are crossed are as follows:

1. Tongue at the throat: Kechari is the outward manifestation here. Vishudda

2. Crossing the Dorsal Center Anahata

3. Crossing the Navel Center Manipura

4. Crossing the Coccygeal Center Muladhara
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  3:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
You should draw a correlation between what is gross and what is subtle. The sushuma is an partially physical in the spine as there is an actual hole in the spine that cerebral spinal fluid flows through. The sushuma ends at ajna which is in the center of the head and there is a knot there, even if jc Stevens doesn't mention it in the book . Pull a line of current through the center f your brain, you can't- there s a knot. Bindu v being the cowlick area Ontop of head. Go from 5 through middle of brain to that area. Using this route hits ajna knot the hardest. If you feel closely when you go medulla first some energy exits the head . On the other hand u can kinda gravitate to medulla without going to it to manipulate energy to surge through the center. For me medulla is that turtle disc in the bottom back of my head. With this tech I went breathless and experienced large skips n time which im told is the first stages of samadhi . It happens few times not everytime bit with time. There is defiantly a knot in ajna, like I can't believe you question that- do you even practise kriya ? Can you perform khechari?

Edited by - adishivayogi on May 12 2014 3:40:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  5:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no memory of what happens in samadhi. But prior to the "black out" my body first turns to "stone ", then I lose perception of body. I still consider this point dhyana . I'm not sure how samadhi can be experienced in a part of the body when it stonelike dhyana I can't sense any body
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  6:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Bindu v being the cowlick area Ontop of head.

Gotcha, thanks never heard it called Bindu v before.

quote:
Go from 5 through middle of brain to that area.

I see what you are describing now, Yes, yes quite so but often my telemetry gets a little screwed up due to extensive practice of the Sadhana of Hariharananda and goes into the fontanel / Shasrara rather than Bindu.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  7:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I bow to you !
Go to Top of Page

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  10:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a digital version of kriya secrets revealed ? where is it available ?
Go to Top of Page

inescapable.kiss

USA
8 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  01:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Experientialknowing

Yay Book Review time. This is my opinion of Books And literature I have read, remember just 1 persons opinion the facts are up to you, for you whomever you may be.

Okay since this is about Kriya lets start with:

Autobiography of a Yogi.

My Experience and Opinion: This is one of my favorite books of all time it is a fantastic piece of literature masterfully blended with truths and real events of a persons lifetime. Once upon a time I was searching as a child to learn what the extraordinary events of my life were all about why they happened and what my attitudes and sentiments were all about. This book related none other than my own experiences that were very similar indeed the author reflected my extreme love for God and the intimate knowing of God as a reality.

By the time of reading this book I had already traced what I needed to know back from Japan to China to Mother India.

I had learned a great many things but was certain Pranayama was the key the ticket the tool.

When I read the general description of Kriya scanning the book it was like a light going on of a half remembered thing I purchased the book and devoured it, I wanted to know about Kriya Pranayama so was disappointed at the end but also happy to discover the organization he founded still existed and I could learn from them.

Content of the book: The life and times of Paramahansa Yogananda.

Benefit: The knowledge that Kriya exists.

Detraction: Many of the events can be hard to believe. Later in life events of my life have made these more credible.

Opinion of Author: Well meaning well intended advanced Yogi who fulfilled bringing Kriya to the West as it was for him to deliver. I think it was just his job to get the ball rolling. Here we all are as proof that he accomplished that as the particulars continue to be revealed.

SRF Lessons this is the Mother of all published Kriya information from the beginning of its explosion into the world.

My Experience and Opinion: too much information. Too much devotional aspect for my tastes.

Content of the Lessons: A smorgasbord of stuff and that if thrown against a wall surly someone will find something that sticks.

Benefit: Brought the information of Kriya to the world in the past and many seem to derive benefit from being affiliated with SRF.

Detraction: This way was not the way for me and in fact turned me off Kriya for a long time.

Opinion of Author: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Kriya Yoga it's mystery and performing art: Swami Sudhanananda Giri. Whew hope I got the right number of an, an, an in there.

My Experience and Opinion: This book was the first I was exposed to after SRF it made me scratch my head and think what the What???? This sounds like Kriya but it is different. Really different talking about things like Kechari Mudra, and other phenomena Kriyabans experience. This blew my mind so I researched and discovered what Kechari Mudra was and thought whoa these people are insane. No way Kriya has to do with sticking your tongue up there! that is dirty and disgusting.

Content of the book: Did you ever get that creeping feeling something a parent sanitized and told you was not quite true? and when you find out later where babies really come from and not the cabbage patch it is well harder to believe than the cabbage patch? Yeah it was this kind of feeling. The content of the book is very good but requires experience in order to understand. This book will not outright teach the techniques of Kriya to the uninitiated but will give insight to those that are and have achieved some measure of practice in Kriya.

Detraction: This was the first venture away from SRF sanitized Kriya. I cannot say it encouraged me to pursue Kriya as much of what was written was not comprehensible at the time.

Benefit: Fast forward to 2013 Everything in the book makes perfect since in light of actual experience. The benefit is that it offers confirmation of that which has been experienced and insight into other things.

Opinion of Author: The Author knows of that which they write in a deep experiential way and would be a good one to learn from were he more accessible. Author is Authentic.

Ennio Nimis Comparative research into Kriya 3 part Book online free publication updated annually.

My Experience and Opinion: Ennio Nimis free online Book. Part 1The story of this persons life is similar to my own. Where we diverge is with SRF involvement, I am more analytical of temperament whereas Ennio is more devotional in nature, that is not to say he lacks intellect nor analytical prowess. We diverged with SRF He stuck it through and really struggled with it for years, I dropped it like a hot potato.

I also was turned off with Kriya over this whereas it fueled Ennio to seek other teachers, Hariharananda and Shibendu in specific though not named in his writings.

Parts 2 and 3 this book is offered freely to the world for the express purpose of comparative research into Kriya. This book is not instruction on how to practice Kriya nor a workout Manuel.

Content of the book: Ennio has shared what he discovered first hand and what others have shared with him.

Detraction: People as is ego driven human nature ignore the fact that Ennio has declaimed his writing as how to practice Kriya and therefore also ignore that often what has been shared with him are half remembered instructions from a weekend initiation ceremony and not even first hand. Ennio has filled in the blanks in many instances further altering the story told round the room, there is nothing wrong with this in light of the fact that this is meant for comparative research not instruction.. If one attempts to put together a Kriya practice from this gathered information they do so against the authors warnings.

Benefit: This publication really helps to fill in allot of missing information. from the perspective of one who has been put through the ringer to discover Kriya Techniques and made to endure all kinds of involvement and personal sacrifice in order to obtain information he sought.

Opinion of Author: Have you ever heard divorced people speak of a former spouse? it is always from a polarized perspective of one who has been put through the ringer by another person for their involvement with them. This is what it is like here Ennio had to satisfy his hunger to discover Kriya and endured allot in order to obtain the information he sought.

I view this authors efforts as altruistic and well meaning he will lovingly help anyone who asks for information no questions asked.There can be no fault found with this author.

Stevens workbook

My Experience and Opinion: In a nut shell not impressed.

Content of the book: The content of the book is an attempt to take the content of Ennio's book specifically parts 2 and 3 and organize it into a workbook for Kriya, the editor Mr. Stevens has generously borrowed from many earlier publications to fill out famous Quotes and has also added quite a bit of his own ideas to techniques.

Benefit: If one ignores the attempt to make a workbook and uses this as a comparative research volume into Kriya specifically by comparing and contrasting it to Ennios book it can be appreciated where the editor Stevens has in some instance clarified what Ennio was describing. If one is looking for earlier SRF Teachings these are also included.

Detraction: If one attempts to go no further than this book to learn Kriya and this is the first source they encounter they are likely to be overwhelmed by the shear amount of information. I predict the person attempting to practice Kriya form this or any other book will make a place on the shelf for the book and their sadhana as well. For the initiated Kriyaban who has practiced twice daily for some time the danger is less due to experience and may find this informative which is what the source material was meant to be. A comparative volume for Kriya Research.

Opinion of Author / Editor : Misguided and has tried to take the respected work of a friend and bring it to it's logical conclusion; training in how to practice Kriya. I disagree with most if not all of the authors opinions, and made up routines and feel that the author writes from above his actual level of realization and experience but is overall well meaning and is not profit motivated.

Purana Purusha Ashoke Chatterjee

My Experience and Opinion: This is an incredible look into Lahiri Mahasaya's life time and revels much of this great masters personality which is not as fantastical as others would write and is a welcome read.

Content of the book: The contents of the book are of the Authors devout opinion and recorded from many personal sources.

Benefit: Reading of the Life and times of this great Yogi the one true authority on Kriya are uplifting and offer some glimpse clarity from the modern versions we see today which are mostly being pushed out by the religious monastics and lack the true understanding of what it means to be the householder or working person that practices Kriya Sadhana. One also comes to realize there is no need to be greedy for more techniques as the contents of the first initiation are more than enough and that work is needed.

Detraction: None.

Opinion of Author: The author is devoted to Lahiri Mahasaya beyond easy understanding and as such would never dare write anything untrue on purpose but his own self authoritative opinions & affinities are clearly seen in places in the book. One may only wonder what his experiences in Kriya Sadhana have been to lead to such attitudes and his continued works in India. It is obvious there is a very strong enduring motivation, I respect this author.

Kriya Finding the true Path Swami Satyeswarananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: The title is completely misleading but only from a certain point of view.

Content of the book: The content of the book is a historical recounting from the authors perspective and is heavily opinionated and disingenuous. The majority of the content has to do with SRF Yogoda Satsanga and the Authors ill opinions of both as well as history from his point of view of the happenings surrounding those times.

Benefit: One gets to see SRF and Yogoda Satsanga from the historical perspective of the Author.

Detraction: Far too many to list, the Author comes across as aggressive, bitter, opinionated, unkind and negative throughout the book. At the end of the book the author states only 10% of humanity are fit to practice Kriya, one must be able to sit in full lotus posture and one must have the correct body type. That is contrary to the way Lahiri Mahasaya freely taught as recorded-by numerous sources.

A person that is happy with SRF / Yogoda Satsanga should avoid this Author and his writings at all cost he will only cause mental and emotional upset coupled with faith destroying unhappiness in such persons

Opinion of Author: I do not resonate with this Author.

BIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI Swami Satyeswarananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: A more interesting read than the last thank goodness and less negative but still historically heavy on the vine with more Kriya information than the previous book of dubious title.

Content of the book: Mostly about Yogananda's boyhood friend Satyananda but has some Kriya info although the Author beats around the bush and never comes directly to the point about any technique. It is informative to the initiated and practicing though.

Benefit: A nice stroll down memory lane and interesting to find out more about his Guru Satyananda. Some helpful information for one searching for original Kriya techniques that are not organization influenced.

Detraction: There is the ever-present issues the Author has with the organizations as described in the other book.

Opinion of Author: Someone who promotes himself as put upon by none other than Babaji to write. I just do not resonate with this author.

[ Yoni Tantra by Bali Gopi commentary on selected versus in-light of Kriya Yoga

My Experience and Opinion: Excellent publication I can not recommend this highly enough.

Content of the book: The content describes exactly what one experiences in Kriya sadhana and aids on in making sense of what it is and why it is.

Benefit: Confirmation after the fact is good and reading before experiencing is also good it helps one to understand what is happening when it does.

Detraction: The contents are going not going to be well understood by the average lay person or one who has not experienced what is described. I assure everyone reading these words the contents are indeed factual.

Opinion of Author: Trustworthy in every way and the intent is to be of service to the practicing Kriyaban, excellent!

Yogiraj Shri Shri Lahiri Mahasaya Jogesh Bhattacharya

My Experience and Opinion: A short read but enjoyable.

Content of the book: One could well consider this a condensed version Purana Purusha but should not fail to obtain via Kindle it is worth the read.

Benefit:There are stories never before seen in the exact way and the flavor of the stories hits home where the feeling counts.

Opinion of Author: Devout to Lahiri Baba and well meaning.

The Scriptual Commentaries of Yogiraj Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya English Translation by Yogi Niketan Voluemas 1,2 & Charak & Avinashi Kabir Gita & Srimad Bhagavad Gita:

My Experience and Opinion: All of the titles listed are grouped together as the content is similar. All are of similar content all are well worth reading.

Content of the book: All of these books are what either Lahiri Mahasaya Or Sri Yukteswar explain of scripture in-light of Kriya.

Benefit: For the experienced Kriyaban you will understand what has been written and the parts you do not understand you will later by continuing your sadhana.

Detraction: The books are difficult to understand without Kriya experience and a person not from Indian culture will find it a bit odd until they realize that the Sanatana Dharma is inseparable from Kriya.

Opinion of Author: The Author or Authors have made information available from the original language with every effort to maintain the integrity of the original without inputting anything extra from their own their own personal tastes or opinions no further translations of the works are necessary.

Kriya Yoga Hariharananda

My Experience and Opinion: The 1980's version is more to the point surrounding the techniques but only makes sense to the person who has been initiated into them as they are Hariharananda's own modifications he is discussing, the current version is also very good but has become even more of a tool for students to refer to after initiation, as well as an introduction to Hariharananda's Kriya for those who have not yet.

Content of the book: The book does not seek to teach Kriya as the persons usually buying them have already been taught but goes into deep explanation of the principals of practice and offers many ah ha moments.

Benefit: A better understanding of what one was taught as the teachings changed over the years so has the different revisions of this book.

Opinion of Author: It is clear that the Author is a highly advanced Yogi and the writing is very well done from experience and close to 100 years of wearing a mortal frame.

Jnana Sakalini Tantra Paramahansa Prajnanananda current leader of Kriya Yoga International

My Experience and Opinion: A very good book that clears up many misconceptions of Tantra.

Content of the book: Mostly about Tantra it's history and scriptural relevance

Benefit: Facilitates better understanding of Kriya.

Detraction: None well written and very clear.

Opinion of Author: The author offers a very scholarly and insightful explanation of Tantra seldom found anywhere obviously an advanced Yogi.

Kriya Yoga The Science of life Force Swami NItyananda Giri

My Experience and Opinion: I am still reading this but so far it is a remarkable piece of literature so my final opinion is not formed.

It can thus-far be seen that he does indeed know of that which he writes. What is astounding to me is that a Swami has broken his vows and written this book revealing Kriya this is truly a first and is momentous in that unlike all the rest of the Swami order that came before him in publication he does not beat around the bush but goes directly to it and describes method and execution of techniques.

Content of the book: From the Swami's explanation I can readily see he describes the source techniques the core of the distortions and alterations are readily recognized, any true Kriya Scholar and Kriyaban or van should make every reasonable effort to obtain this book.

Benefit: The Swami explains the entirety of Kriya from every conceivable perspective to make it abundantly clear as well as cautions that anyone attempting to practice Kriya from this book does so at their own risk. Furthermore this is an attempt to fulfill the desire of so many which include myself to know the unaltered distorted techniques of Kriya that have been being released on line and in publication in recent years, as well as by well intended lay persons and organizations.

He also explains the reason for publishing this is that secrecy has allowed the afore mentioned conditions to flourish.

This is a very noble aspiration But has it come in time?

Is it too little too late?

Can this be believed?

The swami does not focus solely on how to practice Kriya but every aspect of sadhana in a clear and logical manner. The more of this book I read the more I am convinced this person is for real and they way he describes things is so nice and easy to understand.

Detraction: It is difficult to believe in the stated mission of this publication in light of the vows of a monastic being discarded other than that there are none no detractions whosoever at all. This is an excellent publication on the topic even though a sceptic might say look at this part of this book and say it is copied from another source in the techniques of higher Kriya still their is enough unique insight on the Swami's part that I doubt the similarities are a result of plagiarism.

Opinion of Author: The Author is One that knows he knows. I am certain the rest of the quote need not be written. I have great respect for this authors clarity in his style of writing and can affirm that the experiences he describes are on target. This author is to be trusted in my opinion.

Final: I may update this review when I finish the book.

Thanks everyone I hope this review of Kriya related literature I have shared will help someones understanding but remember there is no substitute for personal instruction and frequent practice.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was wondering if you finished reading Swami Nityananda Giri's book and had any experience executing his directions for KY.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  09:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone, good topic on here. :)
I have one question though.. (E.K. / Holy or anyone that wants to give his/her opinion)

I read you E.K. and Holy (?) didn't enjoy J.C. Stevens' Kriya Book (on amazon), because if was different kriya. (?)

I got the new version (2016) and as far as I am concerned, it's not that different from Shibendu's or Ashoke Chatterjee's Kriya. (1st kriya)

Mental Kriya
Maha Mudra
Navi Kriya
Kechari Mudra / Talabya Kriya
Yoni Mudra

The only main difference is Kriya Pranayama.

On Shibendu it's from Root to Ajna/Kutasha
On Ashoke is from Root to Ajna too but after 48 breaths, move to Crown
On Stevens is from Root to Bindu Visarga but after 48 breaths, move to Crown
(there's also a Ajna variation for those who want it, but he says it's not as strong)

All 3 are about placing OM on each chakra as you do spinal breathe pranayama.

This is as far as I know, am I missing anything here?

I think in the end they all work, it just depends on the person / and how fast they work. Some might need more Kriyas, some less. Some person will do better on Shibendu's, others on Stevens, others on AYP.. others on Gurunath's.. (which is OM practice followed by Kriya Pranayama No-mantra version, or so I heard)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by - Domos on May 18 2016 3:18:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000