AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sexual thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  2:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I noticed an increase in sexual thoughts recently. They start to show up around 5 days after last ejaculation. If I don't engage them, they intensify and turn in erotic dreams. Somehow I progremmed myself to wake up before orgasm in the dream.

My question is what to do? I feel an energy drop after ejaculating, similar to slight muscle fatigue. My intuition tells me not to ejaculate, at least not outwardly. Should I engage in solo tantra?

PS
I'm already doing SBP and DM. DM for long periods of time (multiple hours - I'm undersensitive).

Edited by - microcosm on May 13 2016 2:50:20 PM

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  4:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are as under sensitive as you claim, then solo tantra would be a good addition to your practice. Solo tantra, as outlined in the tantra lessons here, are a way to train your system to naturally transmit sexual energy upward rather than outward. This will not decrease sexual thoughts, if anything, may spur them on. Refraining from ejaculations and tantra practice mean more spiritual fuel, directed in a way for rev your practice.

That said, it is unrealistic for young men to completely avoid ejaculation, for nature has other plans. My advice is to refrain when you can, and expect that ejaculation will occur intermittently, whether you are awake or asleep. The drop in energy is short lived, days at most, and you start the process over again, no spiritual setback, no failure, no big deal. Observe these sexual thoughts just as you would any other experiences along the path, with curiosity and surrender. These thoughts may reveal deep understanding of yourself and how you operate..

Edit: spelling

Edited by - Dogboy on May 13 2016 4:40:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  2:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by microcosm
DM for long periods of time (multiple hours - I'm undersensitive).
I'm surprised to hear that. In another recent post you wrote you were "desperate for any relief from dukkha". There have been people who were plunged into a night of the soul by excessive meditation. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  11:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy

BlueRainCoat:
By undersensitive I meant I need a lot of hours to establish a silent mind in meditation. To get ringing in ears I need even more hours. The brighter side is that the amount of time necessary to get these effects is shorter than few months ago, so I guess it's progress.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  11:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't have to have ringing in your ears. How long is a DM session and how many times a day? What mantra are you using?
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  4:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lalow33:
2x30min AYAM mantra, plus total around 4 hours of mixed concentration / vipassana body scan
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  5:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is what Yogani calls doubling up practices.
Also you are ignoring clear signs of overload. Emotional sensitivity like you are describing is an indication that you are overdoing. Do be careful (I said that before and I'll say it again).
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  7:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, emotions are energy experience. That's my point of view. Please make sure you are comfortable. I think sexual thoughts are okay just like other thoughts.

I know some have mixed DM with other meditations. I'm not sure how it worked out. It's not recommended, just make sure you are having a life outside of meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000