Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Yoni Mudra and Sinus Infection?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  08:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've recently come down with a pretty bad sinus infection and noticed that the pressure is somewhat similar to what is felt during Yoni Mudra.

I rarely get sick these days so I was wondering if the pressure created during the practice might have had a hand in helping with the development of the infection. I've taken Yoni Mudra out of my daily routine for the time being, as it would be pretty unbearable at the present time, but I was still using it for a day when my symptoms were along the lines of allergies. Would it be possible for Yoni Mudra to have helped a routine allergic reaction grow into a sinus infection?

Any doctors in the house?

sniffle.

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  09:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trip:

I'm no doctor, but don't believe yoni mudra would contribute to a sinus infection any more than going jogging with a fever would contribute to getting sicker. The idea is to give an illness the opportunity to heal without putting excess strain on it. That means rest, so you are wise to hold off (self-pace) yoni mudra until you are feeling better, which I hope you do soon.

Also check this lesson on meditating when sick: http://www.aypsite.org/24.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  10:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Poor Trip! I hope you feel better soon.

I've had pretty bad allergies since I was about 30 and it does seem that at least in my case, allergic reactions (untreated) can lead to sinus infections and other illnesses.

But something else you said interested me. You said "I rarely get sick these days". Me either... In fact, when I meditate regularly for long periods, it really does appear that I hardly ever get sick.

Coincidence perhaps? Just been lucky maybe? Does anyone else feel that regular meditation keeps the illnesses at bay?

Light and Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  11:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kathy,
Yes, regular meditation keeps illness at bay simply because as we purify we aid our self healing ability.Einsteins E=MC2 says that we are all simply electrical energy and this is how healing works.We put our energy circuits into good order and the flow of energy is constant and correct thus aiding our self healing.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  7:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies and kind words. The illness seems to be fading as of this afternoon and hope to be 100% and adding Yoni Mudra back to my practices in the next few days.

As far as meditation and other practices leading to a healthier body, I would definitely agree with that. I've seen a drastic decrease in illness since beginning AYP, and when I have felt a hint of something, it usually dissolves before reaching its full potential. Yogani speaks of the preventative aspect of AYP in the thread he posted above.

This was actually the reason why I was wondering if I kind of egged the sinus infection on a bit by applying pressure to my sinuses. I guess one could expect similar results if they went deep sea diving with a cold. A bit silly of me looking back on it now.

Onward and upward!

Brett
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  07:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trip and All:

Another practice that has excellent health benefits, especially on strengthening the immune system, is amaroli (urine therapy).

There are some informative topics on amaroli around here -- just do a forum search. Check "Amaroli Resources" in the AYP links section too. It is also covered in the AYP Easy Lessons book, and slated to be delved into further in an AYP Enlightenment Series book in about six months or so. Our main interest in it in AYP is as a spiritual practice, which it certainly is -- enhancing the nervous system's ability to to radiate the qualities of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  07:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have allergy and chronic sinus problems too, ever since I was a kid. it used to be severe when a lot of pollen was in the air. One year I went on a raw foods kick, and ate nothing but raw foods and water for a couple months. Mt allergies got significantly better and have been ever since. I used to go through a lot of sudafed type drugs every spring. Now I might take one every couple years, usually none at all. i can't say for sure if the raw foods did it, but it seems like it. Other little pains went away too.
I do believe meditation helps also. When we say "purifying the nervous system", I truly believe there are impurities we are driving out, even though they may be largely energetic.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  10:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Another practice that has excellent health benefits, especially on strengthening the immune system, is amaroli (urine therapy).

There are some informative topics on amaroli around here -- just do a forum search. Check "Amaroli Resources" in the AYP links section too. It is also covered in the AYP Easy Lessons book, and slated to be delved into further in an AYP Enlightenment Series book in about six months or so. Our main interest in it in AYP is as a spiritual practice, which it certainly is -- enhancing the nervous system's ability to to radiate the qualities of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity.

I didn't realize there was an addition on this topic in the AYP Lessons book. Thank you for the heads up on that.

Edited by - trip1 on May 25 2006 10:27:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  07:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trip,
The Neti kriya helps to keep off Sinus. Once a yogi got me to do it with warm saline water for two days, and then with mustard oil mixed in it (don't even try the latter!!). Though I had a sinus originating from a large polyp (growth in the nose), it still helped.

Edited by - sadhak on May 27 2006 04:32:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000