AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing Pranayama book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  10:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am just past the half-way mark of Yogani's new book and I am really enjoying it. There is a lot of new information and it is helping me to refine my spinal breathing technique and to improve my results.

One thing that stands out for me is the use of hot and cold currents to trace the spinal nerve. I know it is in the main lessons as a Q&A, but the SBP book gives it increased significance with it being introduced along with full yogic breathing, Sambhavi, ujjayi etc. I am wondering why? It seems more of an after-thought in the lessons?

I kind of over-looked using the hot and cold currents while tracing the spinal nerve in the past, but after reading about it and seeing it in a more essential light in the SBP book, I added it in over the last week. What surprised me was how powerful that little addition could be, I have been a little "over" in practices the last few days and I couldn't understand why until I connected that this "little" addition was having a big impact on me. One thing I realize about the AYP practices, the more you do and clear yourself out and the longer you practice, the more powerful they all become. It becomes increasingly difficult to self-pace!

Thanks Yogani, SBP is a great little book, I am looking forward to the second half!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  3:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not only is it a very well written book, Yogani has managed to keep it really simple. It is the simplicity of Yogani's books that help me drop everything and stick to the basics. All the expectations I had when I started, went away, when I saw, just staying with the basics made all the progress.. Every thing about AYP is so simple. It is difficult to understand that. When you come to AYP with all these complications in your past.. and Yogani says.. drop it all and do "i am".. it is really difficult to believe him.. The first thing that comes to your mind is... I must not be reading this right.. put a pillow on my back.. sit on my bed.. not feel guilty about thoughts and sleep.. but the day I accepted this simplicity was the day I made any progress.. As long as I fought it.. I did not get anywhere...

Just reading and re-reading the meditation book, spinal breathing book and AYP lessons help a lot. Every time I have re-read a lesson.. another aspect of the practice becomes clearer... or something new is revealed to me(like the hot and cold for you Anthem). This also helps me with the "now". By the way.. that is the reason I can quote lessons in my posts.. thanks for the compliment Anthem.

PS: All of you who have finished the book.. it would be nice if you could put in a review at Amazon. This really helps Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem and Shanti.

Thank you for your kind remarks on the Spinal Breathing Pranayama book. Thanks also for the Amazon reviews. Yes, they are really helpful for those who are looking for different perspectives on what a book is about. When I am book shopping on Amazon, I always read the reviews, sometimes even before I read the book description.

Anthem, on the cool and warm currents, it has received clearer emphasis in the book mainly due to better organization of the material. I'm glad it is helping. Maybe if I keep rewriting it in more renditions, it will end up perfect. This was the fourth time through (Yahoo lessons, AYP book, Wilder...), not to mention the endless email exchanges over the past few years. Whew!

Yes, the more refined our combined practices get the more powerful everything becomes. Fortunately, our capacity to conduct all this divine energy becomes much more also. It is a bit of a balancing act. Prudent self-pacing is what keeps the balance as we go ever-onward.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  11:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I think the AYP lessons are perfect. I got the warm and cold currents thing from the AYP lessons itself and remembered it too. At the same time I forgot some other things that Anthem remembered well, like say "no need to hold breath". As shanti points out rereading the lessons again and again will help a lot and it has little to do the emphasis in lessons.

I liked the second part of the book more since it is more entertaining with all the inner journey experiences.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  12:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near:

Thanks to you also, and for your great Amazon review too! As far as absorbing knowledge goes, maybe we get it the first time through, or the second, or the third. Going through the lessons more than once, as Shanti suggests, is the traditional way of harvesting knowledge because, as our awareness changes over time, we see more each time through. This is especially true if we are meditating. We will see more when reading any spiritual book the second and third time. As Anthem points out, reading can become spiritual practice, complete with the potential for energy overloads. That goes for writing it too. What's going on here?!

From my side, I felt that something more could be added to help facilitate exposure, plus adding some useful refinements. That is, presenting the AYP knowledge in multiple ways over time so more people would be able to find it -- run across it, if you will. If everyone in the world could run across it somehow, that would be "perfection." Hence, online lessons, a textbook (probably two), a novel, and a growing pile of small practice-specific instruction books (maybe 10 by the time they are done). It is just my way of getting the knowledge "out there" in as many ways as possible.

Next comes the AYP Enlightenment Series books in audio-book form (Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Tantra, etc). Beginning next year, I hope.

I even have a crazy idea to write a screenplay for the Secrets of Wilder, and have been studying up a bit for that. Maybe in a year or two, as time permits. Doing a reasonable first pass on a screenplay is the way to help get that ball rolling. A movie could take a very long time to happen -- years and years. The process has to start somewhere, like here on this old computer. Any movie industry people out there?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  07:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The spinal breathing pranayama book is awesome and I am looking forward to read the future books too!
Go to Top of Page

sean

USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  7:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit sean's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
I even have a crazy idea to write a screenplay for the Secrets of Wilder, and have been studying up a bit for that. Maybe in a year or two, as time permits. Doing a reasonable first pass on a screenplay is the way to help get that ball rolling. A movie could take a very long time to happen -- years and years. The process has to start somewhere, like here on this old computer. Any movie industry people out there?

My brother and I are amateur film makers, he's currently editing a documentary down in LA that will come out soon. He owns a high end prosumer camera, an Apple G5 and Final Cut editing software which is about all you need to make a decent indie flick on a low budget these days. And I can even simulate explosions and aliens using 3D software if need be and then we can get Tom Cruise to star in it, etc. Seriously though, I'd love to work on this film.

Sean

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum

This discussion is continued here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1154
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  6:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani wrote:
“not to mention the endless email exchanges over the past few years. Whew!”

First: I wanted to thank you Yogani, for the service you have given to the world community. I can’t imagine how much time you must have spent the past few years, inviting people to join the AYP forum, answering all the person emails, monitoring the AYP group and do all your writings and travel for the promotions you’ve done, etc.

Second: I’ve been quiet on AYP for a while, studying for my final set of exams for a certification. During this time though, I’ve had the pleasure of answering several email questions from TM’ers who responded to my postings in the TM community.

I received an email from the nicest TM gentleman yesterday who has purchased your meditation book and was so taken with it that he is now recommending your books to people instead of sending them for TM training. He said in his email that the comments/reviews people had made on the Amazon site are what lead him to originally purchase the book, so those reviews are important! And now he is giving the books to others…. I hope I haven’t offended anyone but it shows that the reviews can help someone get a better feel for a book they’re interested in.

Light and Love,
Kathy

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  7:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy:

Thank you for that wonderful feedback. I hope we can be helpful to everyone who is looking for paths of least resistance into their pure bliss consciousness and ecstatic conductivity.

Yes, those Amazon reviews do help a lot. We only have 7 on the Spinal Breathing book so far. Spinal Breathing reviews, anyone?

Btw, there seems to be a new beginning of sorts happening in the TM world, or what was the TM world. Friends told us recently that some of the old-line TM teachers are splitting off and regrouping under a new name called "Transcendental Stress Management" and maybe under other names too. Maybe a legal thing has happened that has enabled them to do this? Not sure what it is all about, but, in splitting off, they are apparently opening up to broader teachings of yoga, including joining forces with yoga studios, independent ayurveda clinics, and so on. It sounds pretty good.

Not sure how this relates to what we are doing over here, but perhaps down the road there could be some beneficial synergies. It is too early to tell right now. As far as I'm concerned, the more information on effective practices that is flowing, with the fewest barriers and for the least cost, the better.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  1:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Secrets of Wilder movie discussion has been split off and moved to the AYP Helpers forum over here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1154

Feel free to put in your two cents!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000