Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,
So i have been working with meditation and kundalini for years. For the last three months ive meditated 2-3 hours a day every day to try to awaken kundalini. Ive had many experiences that have come and gone like Sweating,colors behind closed eyes Dark Blue and White lately,twitches,shaking,spasms like when you fall asleep and suddenly startled awake,I had an electric shock that was at the area of my mouth at one point and when running enery in an orbit felt Bliss{pleasure} feeling and my head felt like it expanded three times its size and i was looking into space. Yesterday I had pain at base of my spine and at the same time Bliss orgasmic feeling that felt almost too good to handle. This all went away when i stopped meditating. Ive had no explosion of energy or a snake going up the spine. I was wondering if it sounds like my kundalini is awake? Do i have to wait for an explosion? Is kundalini permanent? Please help. Anybody?
Tim

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be quite confusing separating all the stories, accounts and anecdotes regarding k.

Any type of extrasensual sensation could be described as k, but it is a matter of degrees. It sounds like you've managed to wake something up. That's about as much as you can know at this point.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  10:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
2-3 hours of meditation per day is an invitation to something not very good eventually happening--cut way back to something more normal. Two 15-20 minute periods of meditation per day, and regular activity between, is the best balance for maximum results. In this case, more is NOT better. Longer meditation time is not meant to be put in all at once, but over many years. We do not accumulate the effects by meditating hours per day for a few years, but a few minutes per day over many many years. There is no SAFE shortcut here.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  02:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy,

Can you tell us what kind of meditation you are doing and what other spiritual practices you do on a regular basis, if any?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  03:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And please do say Why you want to awaken Kundalini - what are you trying to achieve /gain?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Jose

Spain
40 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  05:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikkiji

2-3 hours of meditation per day is an invitation to something not very good eventually happening--

How can you say that when most meditation teachers advise us to grow our meditation sessions from 15-20 min to a minimum of 1h each sitting, 2 sittings a day?

20 minutes a day is good for beginners just to get the hang of it, but one should always meditate for longer periods of time.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  06:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jose and all,

There are different kinds of meditation, and some should only be practised for short periods of time, whilst others can be practised for longer. This is why I was asking Brujoguy what kind of meditation he is doing. Some of the more sophisticated mantra meditations involving bija mantras should only be practised for 20 mins twice a day, or 30 mins at most. There are some chakra meditations which should only be practised for a minute or two each day. Other forms of meditation such as breathing meditation can be practised for several hours a day or more in a retreat situation (up to 10 hours). So it is important to talk about specific practices rather than meditation as a generic term.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  10:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone!
As far as the kundalini practice i do it begins with a bellows breath to build energy at Dan tien. Then with tongue on upper palate i run the Taoist Microcosmic and Macrocosmic orbits with the root lock to push energy up the spine. I also combine this with inhale energy up with all locks straight up through crown chakra. I breathe very slow with orbits and try to keep mind blank. After all this i meditate on the colors or phosphenes behind closed eyes. Ive done this Hours per day every day for months. When finished i circle energy down to Dan tien. Thats about it.

Tim

Edited by - Brujoguy71 on Jun 20 2012 10:02:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  10:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brujo,

Sounds like you're having lovely little flickers of kundalini beginning to creep into your system.

From my experience (and this seems to be the general consensus), kundalini comes in waves. Sometimes, SHE comes like a thief in the night. And when she does show up...you're like: "Oh dear, I beg of you to rob me blindly and do as you please with my inferior, fledgling body...for I am your servant." LOL. That's why she's the ultimate temptress and why the marriage of her with inner silence is the ultimate addiction. Nothing better...far superior to the normal, gross-level, sensory gratification. The subtle play of prana is where it's at, boy!

But you have to play HER game and follow HER rules, which means self-pacing (not too much or too little), and utilizing all 8 Limbs of Yoga in conjuction with divine purpose and unfoldment for your unique life. Only then will she overwhelm you and make you her faithful servant.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  12:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy,

Thanks for explaining your practice. To be honest, with that practice base, you could run into some serious problems further down the line. Awakening kundalini is not that difficult, but awakening it in a safe manner is much more difficult. Some of the practices you are doing could lead to problems with the crown chakra once kundalini does awaken, and sorting that out, after the event is a pretty difficult thing to do.

If I were you, I would read through the main lessons on this website to get a good understanding about how kundalini works, especially in relation to the crown chakra.

One of the most important aspects of kundalini is that the subtle body needs to be purified before the awakening of kundalini. If this doesn't happen, then all sorts of problems can follow if it awakens into an impure vessel. And the single most important factor in purifying the subtle body is the cultivation of inner silence.

So my advise would be to concentrate on the cultivation of silence, through meditation, and don't worry about kundalini at all. Once inner silence is well established and the subtle body purified, kundalini will awaken automatically. When kundalini is awakened that way, there isn't much fuss about it. It is just a gradual transition from bliss to ecstatic bliss.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  01:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Again!!
When one uses the Taoist Orbit to allow the energy a way back down combined with the tech. of Chi Kung it is much safer than leaving the energy in the head which causes psychosis ans paranoia. Unlike most members of AYP i do not fear the crown chakra! I have been doing a lot of these practices off and on for 20 years. Working with the crown chakra i am just fine. Most side effects can be avoided by developing a positive outlook and working on the secret smile{taoist practice}. I have also been able to totally shut my mind off and forget myself in a deep dark Biss full void. The Bliss at times feels almost too pleasant too handle! I Respect Kundalini but will never be a faithful servant and she doesnt have to be mine either.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  02:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you have nothing to worry about then !

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  03:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy,

It is not a question of fear, but of applied scientific knowledge. Before kundalini awakening knowledge of the crown chakra is usually second hand only, or very limited. After the awakening of kundalini we gradually build up direct knowledge of the crown chakra as it relates to the whole process of kundalini over a period of years and decades.

If you continue with the practices you are doing, you may be lucky and be fine, or you may not. If you are not, then things could be very difficult for a long time. If kundalini is awakened prematurely due to a prematurely activated crown chakra creating a descending channel using the Taoist orbit will not be of any help. If anything it could aggravate the situation. Also developing a positive outlook and using the secret smile would not be of much use if you are dealing with 2000 volts of energy gone haywire right through the middle of your body.

So I would advise you again, to at least arm yourself with some knowledge before you go any further. Read through the main lessons and learn about how this energy works. One day you might be grateful you did.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  11:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi!
Thank you for the advice. Im not sure where you get 2000 volts of electricity but i know what you mean. After 20 years of meditation behind me i think it might be a little more than luck but i will take the luck too.
I understand. The only thing in the world that can save me from this sure doom is the AYP lessons. What a great sell for AYP.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  1:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy,

As I say, it may happen, or it may not, just best to be educated before the event.

The 2000 volts goes up your spine and out of the top of your head. At least, that's what happened to me. It isn't the same for everyone as everyone has their own unique karma.

quote:
I understand. The only thing in the world that can save me from this sure doom is the AYP lessons. What a great sell for AYP.

Not certain doom. I'd say it was about 50/50.

But seriously.... awakening kundalini is not something to take lightly. It will transform your whole life. It will actually be the second most important thing you ever do. The most important thing you ever do will come afterwards. So educating yourself on the process and pitfalls to avoid (a.s.a.p.) could be a wise move? No?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  2:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would just like to add to what Christi said... 2000 volts... For me, it felt like a billion when it went through the crown. I lasted all of about 2 or 3 seconds before losing it.

Go to Top of Page

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  6:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
I understand what you mean and i have heard many kundalini stories and I know a lot of them are true as far as how the person who has it experiences it. I didnt say no. I wouldnt take it lightly but its spiritual evolution in progress.
Today i did the practices and felt a lot of Bliss! Very strong energy making all my muscles tense and feeling my spine tremor and shake! Behind closed eyes i saw purple very bright morph into shapes and patterns. Very strong Blissfull energy but i controlled the movement through the orbit. I still shook with twitches and spasms but no zap up the spine. I was told if i felt The Bliss[ecstatic conductivity] my kundalini is awake and active!
Tim
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  03:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujoguy,

Yes, if you feel ecstatic connections in the body, or ecstasy flowing in the body this is the beginning of an awakened kundalini. The whole process of kundalini awakening takes many years and how you manage that awakening will determine the speed and comfort of the process. A well managed kundalini awakening does not have much in the way of symptoms (scenery) and is simply a gradual rise of ecstasy which expands slowly into body-wide ecstasy 24/7.

How we manage the crown chakra plays a big part in managing the overall progress of kundalini over the years of it's expansion and evolution. Remember that kundalini is just a stage in spiritual development and isn't the main thing. So the less fireworks the better, leaving time to concentrate on what is really important which is the dissolution of consciousness into unity.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujo,

Christi is giving you fair warning, it's up to you to decide what you'd like to do.

There are plenty of people here that can attest to the absolutely terrifying power of k. Nothing else in this world even comes close.

So play with fire! After all, that's exactly what we're all doing. But careful with it or you'll get burned :P
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Experiences with Kundalini differ dramatically. Your "inner guru" knows what is best.

Feel the flow and follow it.

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  02:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Brujoguy71

Hello All,
So i have been working with meditation and kundalini for years. For the last three months ive meditated 2-3 hours a day every day to try to awaken kundalini. Ive had many experiences that have come and gone like Sweating,colors behind closed eyes Dark Blue and White lately,twitches,shaking,spasms like when you fall asleep and suddenly startled awake,I had an electric shock that was at the area of my mouth at one point and when running enery in an orbit felt Bliss{pleasure} feeling and my head felt like it expanded three times its size and i was looking into space. Yesterday I had pain at base of my spine and at the same time Bliss orgasmic feeling that felt almost too good to handle. This all went away when i stopped meditating. Ive had no explosion of energy or a snake going up the spine. I was wondering if it sounds like my kundalini is awake? Do i have to wait for an explosion? Is kundalini permanent? Please help. Anybody?
Tim

Dear Friend,

Did you know that Kundalini is in fact the golden wrapper of delusion inherent in matter, that wraps around the silver core of formless being?

Did you know that the golden wrapper becomes supercharged as you feed your own mania, and thus drive yourself deeper and deeper into delusion, which might become "permanent" for a lifetime?

If you focus instead on becoming a sane, balanced, loving person, for example by doing the appropriate mixture of yoga practices representative of the eight arms of yoga, then when the time comes,
and Kundalini does awaken, then you won't be overcome with toxic energies (Kundalini magnifies everything that you are, good and 'bad').

If you force Kundalini to awaken with any of the usual, rather easy forcing practices, then you will spend perhaps 50 years playing catch-up. Rather if you spend ten years being happy and increasingly balanced, then Kundalini may well awaken on Her own, and then your body will have had time to adjust and it won't be so traumatic.

The truth friend, is that Kundalini is silently flowing moment by moment in all of us whether we notice it or not.

Though She has a billion names and shows Her face to no man, in the end Her work is done whether you realize it or not.

When your silence is silver, not golden, then you will no longer yearn for Her. You will be a whole being, silent and instinctual in your knowledge and compassion. In the end, Mother hands you over to Father.

Then there is only formless joy; even your thoughts and your ego will be just another sensory object in the vast silence of awareness, and you'll chide yourself a moment that you placed undue focus upon Kundalini.

I hope this response was helpful.

Kev
Go to Top of Page

Jose

Spain
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  6:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann
Kundalini magnifies everything that you are, good and 'bad'.

I like it; thanks for this pearl of wisdom.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000