New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  03:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
2 weeks ago i realized that maheswari is a shadow....
sensing,thinking all is happening by itself...maheswari is not needed.....perceptions.thoughts are happening ...then maheswari mistakenly attributes them to "her''..to whom are they happening? to nobody...they are just happening....it is a certainty that can not be easly explained in words...
so now lots of stuff are coming out...the mind keeps on playing alone.. spring cleaning is happening...all kinds of fears,holding on to things, holding on to "my identity" (from posting in ayp forums to the safety of "my" body and mind)...all is appearing...
this cleansing is not new cause it happens during all spiritual practices but now it has taken a different deeper meaning....the bottom line of this new meaning is: what the heck? maheswari does not even exist! which triggers laughing
as a friend told me yesterday:
"Life is so beautiful, especially when it is considered a game.
We take the game seriously, we respect its rules to enjoy it and make it fun, we get excited about it, but deep down we know it doesn't matter.
And that what makes it so beautiful."
the second bottom line is that "one" should be fearless and willing to give up everything even "his" life for the sake of Truth....willing to shake off the layers of ignorance one after the other...which leads to a spiritual paradox (not really a paradox): giving up the illusory self "one" rests in the unbounded unchanging Self...

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  08:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Seeing is really a milestone. Much is falling and will continue falling. It took me 2 months of agressive falling process . Now it continues but more smoothly.

Remember that awakening is only the begining. Awekening starts since the moment that you see the truth. Keep going with the inquiry cz there are some traps along the way. You will recognize them.

Books (the end of your world by adyashanti), videos and awakened persons are a great support now.

Wellcome home. Im happy about it

Pd. remerber that all that could happen will pass. Sometimes was really strong for me. But it passes. You are rebooting your system and at the begining can be really strong.At least here.

I percieve that you are "entering" more directly in the reality than me. It happens with some persons also. It took me more time and still continues happening 8cleansing the shadows process). Seems that you directly jumped there haha

Edited by - miguel on Mar 24 2012 09:07:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  09:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surrender and trust in the process will make things easier. Trust.

This is called by adyashanti "partial awakening". It happens to most of us cz there are much shadows and garbage to realese after the initial seeing. Parcial awakening triggers the cleansing process towards total awakening but "you" must be aware cz if you relax "your self" you can get sleepy again...be aware. Many traps also.

Others directly jump in the reality.

It depends.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 24 2012 09:13:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  12:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I percieve that you are "entering" more directly in the reality than me. It happens with some persons also. It took me more time and still continues happening 8cleansing the shadows process). Seems that you directly jumped there haha

who knows that? nobody knows....just letting it happen....
yes the garbage is much thick and difficult to be removed after this initial seeing...dont care let it eat me all up....live or die trying...but no one is living nor dying....

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 24 2012 12:45:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. It was only a perception here

The garbage will be released cz now you saw the truth. No doer there so really nobody to sustain that ilusory garbage."Let it happen"."You" dont need it anymore . It was felt like dying here. But its only a "psicological dying"..you know, after all theres nobody there who can die... surrender. Only the dream dies.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 24 2012 1:25:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes it feels like dying...moment by moment giving up everything..cause moment by moment the mind is having thoughts and feelings.....nothing should be kept...yet there is happiness..there are periods of lightness so to speak....
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeahhh thats the process...hehe

Much love to u Maheswari.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love to u dear brother on the path
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  3:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just remembered this song by Tom Petty...free falling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it feels like that...more at the begining in my experience...

Thanks and much love. Enjoy the free falling to nowhere haha
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  6:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nowhere? dont know...maybe yes maybe no...just sticking to sitting practices
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  8:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  11:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi M.

I've started to see clearly the same thing for myself. I had that initial clarity in the 'realization of no-self' post which you replied to. Since then, the experience has begun to intensify, the insight gained clarity.

The whole idea of me, I, just arises as a thought, a label, which lays claim to a series of perceptions, emotions and thoughts. But it's just another thought, it has no basis in reality.

It's so simple and obvious, when you see it. :-)

hope it goes smoothly for you.

Josh

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  11:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
let see where the journey takes us
all the best for you too dear Josh!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  12:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and that's important because?

If one thought is ' I am this' then another thought is ' I am not this'

Then you are like a water boatman skating on the surface tension of a pond. Touching on every though and every perception without any attachment.

Then the $64 million question. Who is aware of that ? Always that same question has to come up. No matter how you extricate yourself from the Russian doll of self reality, still the facsimile remains. Even the thought ' I am nothing at all' still requires a witness to the none existence.

So then, what exactly is reality, or maybe, what is it not ?

One hand does not clap alone. Light does not exist without dark.

Edited by - karl on Mar 27 2012 12:40:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  1:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting post Karl.

Is it possible, "Who is aware of that?" contains a false inference, i.e. that there is someone/something that is aware of what is being perceived, creating a mental idea of a subject/object relationship between perception and perceiver?

Open-ended question, I have no idea. I was identified until recently, with the thought: I am the perceiver. But if you look for a perceiver, try to find the perceiver, there really doesn't appear to be one. Only perceptions themselves.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  4:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as Josh said...there is only perceiving
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  5:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

as Josh said...there is only perceiving

how are you perceiving that ?
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  5:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol - you're not, because you don't exist.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well..theres a point where is necesary to have the real experience of seeing to "understand it" so to say..cz is impossible for the mind to understand it.This is like a "vertical jump" and its beyond the mind.

The mind is always looking for something to survive.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 27 2012 6:24:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  6:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But this exchange lead us to that. As well as the ego/mind itslef.So the mind looks for it until that "wow, this is it?so simple...".And for most of us theres lot of material and identification to burn (now at high speed) after this initial seeing.Habits are there of course.

Edited by - miguel on Mar 27 2012 6:33:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  6:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The seeing of the fact that what we thought was the "I" was only a collection of thoughts, is in my experience, an important realization but (perhaps obviously) not the end. What remains after that realization is to get down to the nitty gritty. To roll in the mud so-to-speak. After the seeing that there is no "I" it is time to come to know all about yourself. And I'm not talking about "the ultimate self." I'm talking about coming to know all of your personal habits and tendencies etc etc....what makes you tick as an individual. The understanding that there is no real "I" does not end the fact that our body/mind complex still has work to do... still has things to work through. The seeing of "no self" as the LU people say merely allows us more "space" to work and makes the working more effective. But I have seen many people now come to the realization of "no-self" and land there (not talking to anyone in particular here). It's very easy to do so. But from my perspective this is "escapism." This is taking the easy way out. As emc says in her "Relational Inquiry" thread; "Totally amazed here over the amount of unseen stuff that bubbles up to be investigated and seen"... this, is the nitty gritty, the rolling in the mud. But I think it's easy to "bypass" all that stuff with (what I see as cop-out) phrases like; "but who is doing the investigating...." etc etc etc. Don't let the understanding that there is "no-self" stop you from coming to know all about yourself.

"Dare to look at yourself.

Learn to know all about yourself,
So that nothing is unfamiliar to you.
You must want to see the whole,
that which you like to know about yourself,
as well as that which you do not want to know
about yourself.

What you want to know, runs forward like a willing brook.
What you do not want to know,
is like the water hindered by twigs and dead leaves;
in the stagnation it is changed slowly,
from being the life-giving, into the brackish water
that poisons your life.

All you run away from follows you, in order to set you free."

Vigdis Garbarek

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  8:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What he said
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  02:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
how are you perceiving that ?

there is no one perceiving...only perception is happenning at zero distance (in unity)...after it had already happened "you" mistakenly say "i am perceiving" creating the duality, the separation,the shism...you mistankenly identify with the perceptions that already happened without "your" approval and without any active role from"your" side
quote:
What remains after that realization is to get down to the nitty gritty. To roll in the mud so-to-speak. After the seeing that there is no "I" it is time to come to know all about yourself. And I'm not talking about "the ultimate self." I'm talking about coming to know all of your personal habits and tendencies etc etc....what makes you tick as an individual.

yes all the dirt will start to appear in big amounts and at high speed...it is far from being pleasant that is for sure but it has to be done
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  04:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I missed this thread! Wow, we seem to be a bunch who are really in the same place! Yes, LU brings the opening to that "relational inquiry" in Yogani's terms. Lots of work to do. Brothers and sisters in the cleaning patrol!

What's helping me enormously now is The Work by Byron Katie! It prevents the falling asleep again, cause the questions burn to the core at once, particularly no 1 and 4:

1. Is it true? - The answer is directly "no", cause thoughts are seen as invalid.
2. Can I really know it's true? Becomes redundant.
3. How do you react when you believe that thought - and that's when that nitty gritty bubbles up! Long DNA-threads of karmic mud being seen in an instant
4. Who would you be without that thought? The immediate response is known: Noone. Before it would have been a lot of adjectives like "Lighter, more relaxed, kinder", as if I'd be a happier person. Now it just doesn't go there. It goes to direct seeing.
5. Turn the thought around. Shows how surrender to Life is the only option. Landing in loving what is.

Thank God, this tool is so well worked into the system, it now lives a life of its own. Effortlessly. And often only the inquiry voice "Is it true" comes, and there's laugther, joy and expansion.

And I'm so glad I've been wobbling for so many years. It's no striving here anylonger. This will take its time and it doesn't matter even if I'd fall asleep again. No rush. No competition. No goals. Just always landing here and now and seeing what is. And that's it. For now. LOL!!!!

Edited by - emc on Mar 28 2012 04:53:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000