Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Advice? Lots of energy pressure in my head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Have recently gotten back to longer periods of meditation. Energy flows into the top of the head for the past week on head. Tremendous amounts of pressure and a constant headache, pain behind the eyes, and at the base where spine meets brain.

Anyway to ease this?

Along with this are muscle spasms/twitches in the middle back spine, and every once in a while at the perenium site (between anus and scrotum)

This is all just from Anapansati (Awareness of breath). Just looking to ease up the physical aspects, as I am extremely sensitive to the slightest draft in a house, so imagine a pressurized headache!!!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:12:02 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  03:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Have recently gotten back to longer periods of meditation.

how long?what are your practices?
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
Have recently gotten back to longer periods of meditation.

how long?what are your practices?

Off and on for years, but recently have some time off the last few weeks so meditations have been 2-3 times a day for 1.5-3 hours at a time. Basically just awareness of breath and letting go.

Everytime thoughts pop up, I jump back to just Awareness of breath, and letting go. Very simple
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Two suggestions...

1) Back off of the practices. They are obviously the source of the head pressure.

2) Lavendar tincture.

I have been going through something similar to you for the past while now, and what has worked is basically stopping all practices (my practice right now consists of 5 minutes of sitting doing nothing, twice a day, with a few minutes of rest after), and taking 5 drops of a Lavendar tincture (4 times a day) I picked up at the homeopathic clinic. Massive difference in every way since adopting this approach.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beetsmyth

All day yesterday I had a bad migraine and neck pain from too much practice. I was that sick of being in pain so I rinsed my head with freezing cold water for a long time. It seemed to help a lot. I wouldn't recommend having a full cold shower though - that was a bit extreme!

I feel your pain Carson: I'm not doing anything for a couple of days and then building back up starting at 5 mins DM.

It's really hard to not do any practices but the pain in my noggin is too much! A slight neck pain for a few days and now day long migraines. Yoga really does suck sometimes .

Edited by - woosa on Mar 17 2012 10:13:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  05:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another thing that works for me is to stop believing the pressure is IN my head. The pressure goes where I put attention, so I expand the field of pressure in all directions and out to the infinite. The head is not the container of the energy. It's free floating energy and doesn't belong to me.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with emc. Energy goes where we put our attention.

So try what emc said, of expanding the field of energy and see if the energy dissipates and if not, bring your attention down into your body as low as you can go, chest, stomach, or lower... down to your feet... as low as you can go and as far away as you can get from the head.

And ground... Walk and exercise... that helps a lot.

Hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Nan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I joined the website because I have a long standing issue of excess energy in my head. It began when I meditated a lot and is worse when it sit and much worse when I try to meditate, so I gave up meditation. But I miss meditation and having tried it several days in a row, the energy is so intense around my nose and mouth I may have to give it up again unless I can find some way to balance the energy.
I have gotten a lot of advice, but nothing, so far, has aleviated it. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nan

I joined the website because I have a long standing issue of excess energy in my head. It began when I meditated a lot and is worse when it sit and much worse when I try to meditate, so I gave up meditation. But I miss meditation and having tried it several days in a row, the energy is so intense around my nose and mouth I may have to give it up again unless I can find some way to balance the energy.
I have gotten a lot of advice, but nothing, so far, has aleviated it. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Welcome to the AYP forums Nan.

What kind of meditation do you do?
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  2:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

Have recently gotten back to longer periods of meditation. Energy flows into the top of the head for the past week on head. Tremendous amounts of pressure and a constant headache, pain behind the eyes, and at the base where spine meets brain.

Anyway to ease this?

Along with this are muscle spasms/twitches in the middle back spine, and every once in a while at the perenium site (between anus and scrotum)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It seems that you got the pumps at the perineum and behind the navel and the back of the head active for opening the third eye. Famous places behind chakras and sucking acupoints where also the chakras start.

Like the khechari mudra the relief might be rather simple by putting the tip of the tongue behind the upper teeth during your meditation.
Accumulated energy can be released downwards again by actively searching the upper palate with the tip of the tongue for a spot where the energies stream tingling, numbing or even with a sweet smell of secretions of the pituitory gland back to the perineum as microcosmic orbit.

Concentrating on the middle of the soles st best standing on the floor
release to the ground or bring softening earth energy back.

Questions if a opening process is at work needs further details from the eyes and forehead.

Axel

The relief and bringing

This is all just from Anapansati (Awareness of breath). Just looking to ease up the physical aspects, as I am extremely sensitive to the slightest draft in a house, so imagine a pressurized headache!!!

Go to Top of Page

Nan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  2:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i began with just relaxation and autogenic training with the goal of eliminating lifelong migraine headaches. It did that, completely, but by then the meditation had become so pleasant I continued. I then began the practice of trying to circulate energy in the Chinese tradition. I felt the energy rise to my crown and it caused pain there, then it went down to my cheeks and nose, felt like little swirl8ng vortices, then to my mouth and and there it got stuck.
I have tried qigong. I live in an area where a reliable teacher is not to be found.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  3:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome Nan

"swirl8ng vortices" Don't know if that was intentional, but it is funny and appropriate!

Wow got rid of lifelong migraines - that's impressive.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  6:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok,what I told stems from the Chinese tradition and my training with Mantak Chia exaggerating the pumping also by such breathing techniques hindering relaxation and creating tension. He described also other approaches ending hiddenly also in such circles as obviously Gerta Ital getting levels of satori in rinzai or koan zen.

Nan has an experience more in the outer channels coming from the sprinkling crown. It may follow the nose circling the mouth etc.
That are elements natural to a good Qigong opening more the inner channels.

Yogani describes also lying the tongue to the upper teeth what is normally done in Tai Chi he is also doing.

In the mantra process as I experienced similar sucking and pumping processes are possible in the spine and swirling channels in the air around the body.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Nan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  02:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish:
I wish I were clever enough to have intended the "swirl8ing vortices" but it was only a typo. Didn't preview.
I have tried positioning the tongue various places on the roof of my mouth, Cranial Sacral Therapy, acupuncture and concentrating on the all the different chakra areas below the neck. Nothing has helped at all but giving up any meditation.

I will try the 5 minute practice and the Lavendar tincture if I can find it.Thanks everyone
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  06:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't preview either.
For me, anything like that can be taken care of by just watching it in silence. But you have to have inner silence for that, which is found by meditation, so it may be sort of a "let them eat cake" kinda statement.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  07:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Nan
[
I have tried positioning the tongue various places on the roof of my mouth, Cranial Sacral Therapy, acupuncture and concentrating on the all the different chakra areas below the neck. Nothing has helped at all but giving up any meditation.

<<<<<<<<<<<

As my third eye is open energy passes it without resistance. So different tongue positions also mostly do not help me either.

but my self acupuncturing mentally without needles.But that needs further details and I have no firm knowledge doing it rarely. But it works intuitively and present pressure in the eyebrows evokes the necessary means.

I don`t know how you concentrate chakras. Acupoints are similar as smaller chakras. Distant places like in the wrists below and above and the on the kidney meridians relief the head follow this rule of distant treatment also inside the heels and upwards the legs. Concentrating to points at once opens after some time the whole meridian like putting two fingers on them.

But my present problem is no overload but the contrary lack of energy causing pain in the eyebrows. Simple directing the breath through this area brings relief. The first method is relaxing by breathing a little to the outside the second storing the energy at this place.
_Other places connected to the pain in the eyebrows become feelable and get the same treatment till all is relaxed and painfree.

Uprising energy from the stomach into the head may especially with stress, anger and fear become to much with a dull head. This as further example like to much stimulating the head without other centers in an unbalanced way by mantra recitation.

Axel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000