Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Should I open my chakras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  07:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I am here with a query. I have some how feeling to open my chakras and to involve in meditation, but also understand the difficulties, experiences, discipline involved in such practices.

The various experiences that people have may hamper my day to day schedule. But then I also think that, if I somehow got this thought then there has to be a reason for it.

Need your suggestions on this..............

God bless everyone...

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:41:02 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello viv and welcome on board
meditation is a daily practice done without expecting anything or setting any goals like opening the chakras etc ...all of you will spntaneously blossom in due time not only during sitting practices but also in daily life and this will happen without the need to "open the chakras'...all your neurobiology will be gradually purified and opened... the term 'opening chakras' is a bit taken too seriously with lots of dreams and mystical fantasies also it used in the yoga industry to attract clients....just do your practices and everything will come in due time.....what practices do you do?
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@maheswari : Nothing much but I just worship shiv and lord hanuman in morning since childhood and then in evening only for 5-10 min(do not overstrain), just concentrate on breathing and the positions of various chakras.....
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  10:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhakti is good you can keep it up…but you need more efficient practices like deep meditation
http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

and spinal breathing
http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

good luck!
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  10:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@maheswari : Will these practices lead to those vigorous experiences that people often describe, as body shaking or sounds of animals etc.......... (I do not need this tremendous energy or if do I, can there be any slow and steady process, in which I advance slowly...) ?

Also I need to clarify one thing, are these chakras on the spinal cord, I mean you can feel it at back or somewhere on the front position...........

Different articles show different positions, I mean either of two. .....

Edited by - viv on Nov 20 2011 10:58:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  10:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i never heard about sounds of animals experiences...lolll
if you take the practices step by step and self pace when needed then nothing overwhelming will happen
check this lesson for self pacing….you need to start reading the lessons from the beginning too
http://www.aypsite.org/107.html

Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  11:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@maheswari : lol.... Well I have heard when throat chakra opens, this happens at times. So well I will continue with what you have told, just want that It does not gets vigorous, else I will have to stop it, as my family will be worried. Lets hope for the best...............

Thanks for helping......................
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  11:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi viv and welcome!

the link maheswari provided does show you to the lessons of ayp, which puts a good deal of attention on balancing safety (self-pacing, inner guru, etc.) with efficiency.

the chakras are considered 'under the hood,' or in other words the practices themselves affect the chakras without having to do so deliberately. you can read more about it here http://www.aypsite.org/47.html
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  11:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@AumNaturel : thanks for the link, very nice info, my doubts are slowly getting cleared. So the summary was "We do not have to focus on chakra, only medidate, rest will happen eventually with time, and we will reach to the spiritual level that is destined for us"............

Well it's time for me to sleep, i will be here back some other day soon, thanks everyone........
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000