Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Post-orgasmic blues and your thoughts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  12:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I chanced upon a book by Marnia Robinson 'Cupid's poisoned arrow' where the author discusses on sexual/passion cycle between couples and their behavioral tendencies post-orgasm.

Thought people in relationships could validate this..

http://www.reuniting.info/science/sex_in_the_brain

Given above is a link containing some introduction on the theme of the book.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  3:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried introducing my wife to their approach. She even read the book by Marnia, "Peace between the sheets." She wasn't into the non-orgasmic intercourse part, but she liked my giving her lots of attention and affection, and ok with not having coitus. My impression, looking at the pattern of participation on their forum, is that there are lots of men looking for what the approach offers -- freedom from post-orgasmic blues-- and precious few women.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  11:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes bewell. I live in India and from what I have observed, no one cares(even to talk) about these things. All that is necessary is a good job and marriage(as a societal obligation)! :)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  01:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting article. My partner and I are definitely experiencing the benefits of pre-orgasmic (tantric) sex both in our relationship as well as our energy level. I notice the benefits on an emotional level and he says he has way more energy to face the challenges of work and daily life. Whereas conventional sex is a release of tension leading to physical and emotional lethargy, tantra is regenerative and brings a sense of overall well-being, especially in conjunction with a daily yoga practice.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  02:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad you found Marnia's article. I find it absolutely correct. Plain physical body-oriented "outwardly exploding" orgasms tend to bring an enormous mood-swing here. If the orgasm happens from a state of being - there's no bad side-effects, and then it's an "inwardly imploding" orgasm of a different kind.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  1:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback emc and Radha.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc, I also have observed this with the different types of orgasms, as you mention.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000