New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  5:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

a couple of months ago I learned about a type of orgasm blocking, different from the manual method discussed in the AYP writings. (Or at least as far as I know.) It is executed just by strongly contracting the pelvic floor (mulabandha) during the orgasm. That means not using hands to block anything. I began to practice this during masturbation and after some time it actually started to work. With a strong contraction I am now able to keep all the semen inside, not loosing a drop. The genital orgasm (the feeling as I've known it) then happens only partially, to a relatively low degree. In the following, say, 10 to 15 seconds the pelvic contraction still needs to bee held strongly, because the energy kind of tries to escape the body (or that's my impression of it). If I give up too soon, I loose the semen. During those 10 to 15 seconds I try to use my breath to distribute the energy upwards and throughout my body, and also pushing the energy symbolically with my hands upward seems to help in some way. After that the energy kind of slowly dissolves in my whole body, without producing any particularly ecstatic feelings, but it definitely is rejuvenating. The interesting thing is that after this kind of orgasm I either do not loose erection at all or I can practically immediately gain new erection as well as arousal (Which, If I understand right Yogani's handbook Tantra, is not the case with manual blocking..(?). It was quite a surprise for me that this way I've been able to reach multiple orgasms (the blocked ones). I also noticed that if I do this before going to bed, the arousal remains in my body and I dream erotic dreams all night or the energy even waked me up a couple of times. Nevertheless, I recently decided to practice only pre-orgasmically.

So, since all this is more or less trial and error learning, many questions arise... How does this technique fit into the AYP system? How about prana loss in this case? Why do I not find any comments on this in the AYP writings? Am I doing everything right? Is it safe? What is the role of the breath here? et cetera.......et cetera......

Will be glad for any comments,

Roman

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  8:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi :)

my experience pretty much exactly matches yours. The AYP blocking technique is a beginning and it can evolve in it's own way. The goal though is to stay in front of any kind of climax. In my experience, any climax drains energy, if only a little, even the ones where erection is not lost and you can have multiple orgasms.
Initially, with the manual blocking technique (using fingers) semen is redirected into the bladder where it can be reabsorbed or gets out with urine. Energy loss is still there, but it's a training :)

As for the breath, if it helps draw up energy, it's ok to use it.

I've been using the technique you describe (strong contraction) for more than 2 years and there were no problems so far.

Take care ;)
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
build pressure in the body, that follows the path of breathe, and your technique will go from plickity plow, plickity plow, to wa blam!
Go to Top of Page

snatha

India
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit snatha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari OM

Hi everybody

That was a great Idea do u feel that it will also work in an intercourse

Jai sri Krishna
Go to Top of Page

Ko Hsuan

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  12:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ko Hsuan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what was the source of this technique?
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone,

first of all, thanx a lot for your comments! As for yours, Tadeas, great hints and thanks for sharing experience - i feel much more comfortable now.
Several further questions on this topic popped up in my mind during last days. I will post them as soon as I'll have more than just a few minutes and will be looking forward to see your thoughts. I intend also to write about the source I learned this technique from.

As to your question, santha, I'm not 100 percent sure that it will work with a partner, since I'm currently single. But, I believe that it will work. The action of strongly contracting the pelvic floor is as straightforward as contracting a fist. Once you have built up sufficient strength of the pelvic muscles it should work whenever you want. Thats how I feel about it.

See Ya'

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  12:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it does work well with a partner, during intercourse, IF you can do it and keep it up--which may not be all that easy a feat when you are making love--one sort of can get distracted from your intentions during lovemaking...
Michael
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  12:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It works with a partner, but it may be a little harder to control and you may have to "hold it" a little longer, especially if you are making love to The Goddess and you are really aroused, but it will work. Sorry for the run-on sentence.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  5:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fellow yogis and yoginis

so, the source of this technique for me was the book "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida. I wouldn't particularly recommend it, well, I kind of missed sensitivity to the reader, or greater empathy. But I found a handful of good information in it. He's got quite some videos from his lectures on the web so check it out, if you feel like it, and let me know...
Here an excerpt:

There is a specific exercise you can perform throughout sex and also during the approach to orgasm. By doing this exercise you will convert the direction of the orgasm, so instead ejaculating out your penis, you will "ejaculate" up your spine, experiencing intense bodily bliss and emotional openness, far beyond the quick pleasure and depleted peace following an ejaculative orgasm.
To practice this exercise, you must learn to consciously contract the muscles of the floor of your pelvis. This area includes your genitals, anus, and perineum, which is the space between your anus and genitals. ..... In addition to contracting the floor of your pelvis, practice pulling it upward into your body and toward your spine. This upward pull will actually lift your scrotum slightly up toward your body. ....

While you are having sex, but before you are close to ejaculating, practice contracting your pelvic floor as just discussed. While you contract it and pull upward, breathe the energy up your spine. You will have to experiment to determine whether to inhale or to exhale the energy up your spine, although most people find that exhaling up the spine works best. If you combine the upward contraction of your pelvic floor with breathing up your spine, you should loose just a little bit of your erection as well as the need to ejaculate. As you continue making love, repeat this exercise as often as you need to in order to maintain relaxation and openness.

Even while practicing this technique, you may notice that you occasionally come very close to orgasm. At this point, stop moving, apply the upward contraction of your pelvic floor, and breathe the orgasm energy up your spine. In addition to the upward contraction of your pelvic floor while breathing up the spine, some men find it helpful to clench their fists and teeth while looking upward with their eyes, especially when the urge toward ejaculation is particularly strong. With practice, however, all the muscular action becomes very subtle and gentle, until the entire exercise is done primarily through your breath, feeling, and intention.

Well, I'm exploring this technique for a couple of months now and I feel that some progress is definitely happening.

What is interesting to me is Deidas emphasis on breath:

Therefore, if you have not breathed fully during the day, by the time you approach your sexual partner you will be filled with fantasies and ejaculative urge. So, a large part of avoiding premature ejaculation is to breathe fully, deeply, and with great force, throughout the day. ......

..... Sex intensifies the life force in your body. As you become more and more stimulated, your breath quickens and your body begins to writhe with energy, which tends to become focused in the genital region. Unless you are careful to move this energy with your breath, it will build up in your genitals and cause a pressure that wants to be released through ejaculation.

Take care,

Roman

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

does anyone have an idea what happens with the semen when the pelvic contraction is used? I think I never had any of it in urine.

Thanks,

Roman
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, I have had all the same experiences described in the first post as well with a partner and solo. I may try exploring down this lane again. Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  03:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roman,

quote:
Hi everyone,

does anyone have an idea what happens with the semen when the pelvic contraction is used? I think I never had any of it in urine.

Thanks,

Roman

In my experience the pelvic contraction works in the same way as blocking using the fingers. The semen is still diverted into the bladder, and there is still some energy loss.

If you can it is best to avoid orgasm altogether, simply staying in front of ejaculation, even if you are with the Godess.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 23 2008 03:09:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, that's not the only thing that can happen. If you either totally relax during orgasm or contract the pelvic floor strongly in the right spot, there is no secretion of semen. This means there are not any orgasmic contractions in the process, and there also doesn't have to be any loss of energy. There is a lot of things and various combinations of them that can happen :) But I agree it's best to stay preorgasmic :)
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, thanks for sharing experience. I my case it happens as Tadeas describes. No orgasmic contractions, no semen anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  1:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

is the technique I describe in the initial post called "mechanical vajroli" in AYP?

thanks,

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  7:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

I decided to post again in this thread, having experienced a great and beautiful success just about two hours ago. What I'm gonna suggest here is closely related to the other post I'm making today in this section.
I'd like to dedicate this post especially to those men here, who have been struggling with the hurtful situation of not being able to satisfy their women sexually, because having little control over their ejaculation. I'm one of these men.

I'd really like to encourage you all once again to exercise and strengthen the power of your pelvic floor. It's gonna turn out to be of good benefit for you, and the beautiful woman you're in love with. It's not so hard to achieve the ability to block your orgasm with a strong pelvic contraction, and it enables you to go further then with simple manual blocking. I myself practiced this kind of blocking during masturbation for not more than three months, till I've been able to actually block the orgasm for the first time. It was pure joy! A real victory! It is absolutely possible and doable. Practice mulabandha during standing asanas, take pilates lessons (it's perfect for bringing awareness to the deep abdominal and pelvic muscles, strengthening them and learning to control them - and it's great fun too), practice the blocking itself, do whatever it takes.
Once you learn to block your orgasm well with mulabandha, you'll be able to save most of your prana, even despite the orgasm. If you build up some sexual energy first, a well mulabandha-blocked orgasm will enable you to stay with your woman even after it for a long time. After such an orgasm, much of the urge for ejaculation disappears, but you won't loose erection, or only a little. Then you can go on, and begin to build up new energy, but everything will now take longer. So you can continue to serve your woman, and in turn to serve yourself as well, right?

I certainly do not recommend here to get obsessed with this technique, nor do I say that it is an End of it self. But at a certain stage or situation, when used skillfully, it can save you LOTS of worry.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  01:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is a specific exercise you can perform throughout sex and also during the approach to orgasm. By doing this exercise you will convert the direction of the orgasm, so instead ejaculating out your penis, you will "ejaculate" up your spine, experiencing intense bodily bliss and emotional openness, far beyond the quick pleasure and depleted peace following an ejaculative orgasm.
To practice this exercise, you must learn to consciously contract the muscles of the floor of your pelvis. This area includes your genitals, anus, and perineum, which is the space between your anus and genitals. ..... In addition to contracting the floor of your pelvis, practice pulling it upward into your body and toward your spine. This upward pull will actually lift your scrotum slightly up toward your body. ....

While you are having sex, but before you are close to ejaculating, practice contracting your pelvic floor as just discussed. While you contract it and pull upward, breathe the energy up your spine. You will have to experiment to determine whether to inhale or to exhale the energy up your spine, although most people find that exhaling up the spine works best. If you combine the upward contraction of your pelvic floor with breathing up your spine, you should loose just a little bit of your erection as well as the need to ejaculate. As you continue making love, repeat this exercise as often as you need to in order to maintain relaxation and openness.

Even while practicing this technique, you may notice that you occasionally come very close to orgasm. At this point, stop moving, apply the upward contraction of your pelvic floor, and breathe the orgasm energy up your spine. In addition to the upward contraction of your pelvic floor while breathing up the spine, some men find it helpful to clench their fists and teeth while looking upward with their eyes, especially when the urge toward ejaculation is particularly strong. With practice, however, all the muscular action becomes very subtle and gentle, until the entire exercise is done primarily through your breath, feeling, and intention.

I arrived at this same technique through intuition only without the breathing and find it to be much more effective than the AYP "holdback" method by itself.

@mimirom: There is no need to have an orgasm at all, just practice mulabandha and the pulling up of the pelvis towards the spine during intercourse and it will keep orgasm away and energise your whole body. My sleep has been reduced to like 3 hours and I'm running around like crazy throughout the whole day...

Edited by - Chiron on Jan 08 2009 06:31:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  04:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great you reported back Roman. Funny coincidence as I was thinking of writing back in this thread to learn more about this.

I don't have much time now but will write back to learn more. In particular I don't know exactly how to "streghten the pelvic floor". Is this mulabandha? So, when the orgasm is about to arrive we do mulabandha to strenghten the pelvic floor and bring the fluids up? I find it difficult to do when I am aroused (easier if not aroused). When aroused it seems the force I try to apply there goes to my penis thus having the opposite effect - more arousal and closer to orgasm! I guess it is a matter of training (where to apply the pressure) but maybe you have some more hints on how to practice this more effectively? And another thing - any general pilates class will help or only specific exercises?

Thanks so much! Great technique!
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  06:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My sleep has been reduced to like 3 hours and I'm running around like crazy throughout the whole day...

Hi Chiron,

Sounds great that you mastered the technique and all but what you say above does not seem so healthy...how do you cope? That ammount of energy running around your body is it not too much? I think our body needs a good night sleep and rest. Maybe it will smooth out in time?
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  5:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roman,

Are the muscles that one contracts to stop ejaculation the same ones used if one holds ones pee when peeing? It seems to be, no? To know that makes it easier to understand how to do it, and how to exercise those muscles.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  03:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogaIsLife,

I'm glad you are still in. I have no time now but will give you detailed descriptions as soon as I arrive at my bureau.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  5:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogaIsLife and all,

Sorry for letting you wait, but I've been busy with my job... I'm going to write about my own experimenting, and some things might perhaps need correction. Pleas feel free to do so, or ask anything.

By "strengthen the pelvic floor" I meant exercising, and consciously using it, with the goal to make the pelvic muscles a bit stronger. It's actually not such a big thing. Making them just a little stronger is enough, I think. In my experience, it's not exclusively a question of the pelvic muscles alone. I don't know how much you are into asana practice, but I believe that practicing asanas generally helps to improve tantric practice. It's all interconnected. In my understanding it is so, that not only one or two specific pelvic muscles are involved in managing your seed, and energy in your body. I think that actually every cell of our body is involved. So as one advances with strengthening and evolving all the muscles of the physical body, the whole system then will be able to cary, conduct, and withstand presence of greater amounts of (sexual) energy. The physical body supports and caries our whole spiritual transformation in the physical realm, and thus advancement in any part of yoga is interconnected with the evolution of the body. I think that asana practice helps a lot with evolving tantric abilities.
As to the specific maneuver in the pelvis, which enables you to prevent or block the ejaculatory orgasm, it is nicely described in the following lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/55.html

In this lesson it is described as "mulabandha" (the same as "root lock", or "first body lock" out of the three body locks), and is meant to be used during spinal breathing. In this case we hold it just very lightly.
During tantric practice it may be sometimes necessary to contract the root lock stronger, with all your force. Other times you can use lighter contractions to gently move energy out of your pelvis and up through your spine. I'm experimenting with this, and it's fun. In my experience, trying to apply the root lock - with the intention to stay in front of orgasm - when I'm very close to the point of no return, while continuing to arouse myself, leads to orgasm. On the other hand, when I am close to orgasm - and the urge finally starts to quickly grow (like few seconds before ejaculation would come), I stop moving, apply strongly the root lock, and this prevents the orgasm from happening. Then I can hold back a little, and continue.
When you get behind the point of no return, and the orgasm already started to happen, you can still block it very effectively with the root lock. In this case you have to do it really with all your force. I personally find it helpful to do it on exhalation (just when the orgasm is about to explode), clench my fists, and lately I'm doing automatically also sambhavi mudra, since I incorporated it into my SB pranayama. Experiment with that time to time. I find it okay to do a blocked orgasm once or twice every month, just to practice blocking and experiment. Apart from that I stay pre-orgasmic. It is true that before I learned to block successfully, I practiced it every time when I masturbated. So in the beginning I had an orgasm every time, trying to block it, then I learned to block, and then I started to do the holdback method and stay pre-orgasmic. This is how it was in my case. You may find it better to stay more often in front of orgasm, or practice the root lock first, as I did it. It's up to you, I guess. So this way you can learn to block an orgasm - if it happens. Sometimes when I manage to block it really well, it's actually more preventing then blocking. I think in those cases the orgasm actually doesn't happen at all, and you prevent even the ejaculatory contractions. This way you stay strong despite that you happened to cross the point of no return.

As to where exactly to contract, it's not the same like when you're trying to prevent yourself from going to bathroom. When you hold on pee, you use (or I do) a sphincter near the root of your lingam. Then there is the anal sphincter. The root lock is in between those two. The place you need to get a good feel for is exactly above the perineum. Imagine a table tennis ball-sized (or so) area, the perineum being the lowest point of it, inside your pelvic floor, between your lingam and anus. You can consciously harden/contract that area. It's a tiny invisible maneuver, and one really needs to get a good feel for it to be able to do this tiny movement. If you try to contract a little more, the "ball" will begin to move upwards into your body. You pull it actually into your underbelly. With practice you will be able to do and hold it also strongly. Other muscles (like the sphincters) are perhaps also engaged during blocking, but the root lock is essential.

I'll add some more info on the Pilates method next time.

Take care,

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, it is important to stay calm and generally relaxed during arousal. Keep your chest open and breathe freely, slowly, and deeply. Keep your belly soft.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man, Roman, thank you so much!

quote:
In my experience, trying to apply the root lock - with the intention to stay in front of orgasm - when I'm very close to the point of no return, while continuing to arouse myself, leads to orgasm.

Yes, this was my experience also. I guess my problem is to try to stay way ahead of orgasm. It is still too irresistable to me, the pleasure of an orgams, for me to psychologically be able to resist it. That is probably the hardest part - our attachment to the intense pleasure of an orgasm. I have to practice more on this. Somehow I feel (maybe it is psychological) that once I start feeling those intense pleasures and energies flowing, I am doing myself more harm than good in not having an orgasm soon. I know I know, this is probably a very non-tantric animal way of thinking but this is how I feel nowadays. I have a strong desire for trying tantric sex and staying pre-orgasmic for a long time so I will have to unfortunately get over this little addiction of mine.

Does anybody ever feel that sexual stimulation, if intense and left "unresolved" (by this I mean, not ending in ejaculation), can be harmful for us? Can affect our moods and bodies? Is this an illusion of mine or do I really feel it? I definitely feel some relief and some more calmness after an orgasm, especially if I haven't been without one in a while. I think psychologists and biologists would say this is natural, but it does not seem to be so from the yogic point of view...also, although I feel a little bit drained, especially after it, I don't really feel affected energy-wise in my daily life or practices, unless, of course, I do it everyday or every other day. Maybe each person is different in this respect also.

MAny tahnks again.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  11:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogaIsLife,

Regarding the Pilates question, the reason I'm recommending it, is that I never found enough discipline to practice daily the special pelvic exercises only, which is one way being often recommended. Attending a Pilates class was way easier, and in my opinion way more effective too. Maybe it's just my personal view, but to engage in the comprehensive system of the Pilates method, to practice with other friends, to have professional guidance, to have lessons scheduled, is simply more interesting and fun.
Pilates is not divided in different methods, as far as I know. So the thing is rather to find a good, experienced instructor. You will find classes where people are sweating a lot, and the tempo is rather fast, and other classes, where the tempo is slower, and the emphasis is rather on precise execution of every movement. The latter is what you need, if you are about to gain delicate control over your core muscles. A good Pilates instructor will spend one, or several opening lessons, explaining a special kind of breathing. A good instructor will never stop to remind you of proper breathing, and will progressively offer deeper understanding of that special Pilates-breathing technique.
Over time you will gain direct awareness + delicate, and precise control over the deep layers of your abdominal, pelvic, and sacroiliac muscles. Those muscles you normally cannot deliberately move. Actually you normally don't know that they are there at all. I think it makes more sense to do it this way, then just trying to selectively reach, and evolve one, or two muscles somewhere inside. It's just my opinion though.

best, Roman

P.s.: Moreover, I find it works great as a practical complement to asana practice.

Edited by - mimirom on Jan 20 2009 11:10:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  11:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogaIsLife,

quote:
Does anybody ever feel that sexual stimulation, if intense and left "unresolved" (by this I mean, not ending in ejaculation), can be harmful for us? Can affect our moods and bodies?

Well, actually yes. Many times, after being intimate with a woman, and leaving it "unresolved", I have felt fairly intense pain in my underbelly, for like 30 minutes. This however, was before I started any yogic practice, and it might be different today. I don't know really. I can only say, that I don't have these effects after tantric solo practice, although sometimes I practice for fairly long periods of time, and build up quite some arousal. But of course, it's still just solo practice, way different from having preorgasmic sex.
Other possible negative effects on our physical health have been discussed, and this discussion will go on, I guess...
As to the possibility of tantric solo practice affecting our mood, yes, I think so In a desirable way.

quote:
...also, although I feel a little bit drained, especially after it, I don't really feel affected energy-wise in my daily life or practices, unless, of course, I do it everyday or every other day.

My experience was similar. Originally I also couldn't recognize any decrease in my overall energy, caused by having orgasms. Only after I managed to stay preorgasmic for some time continuously - for me it was a couple months - I could realize that the level of my energy increased slowly and steadily over that time, and stabilized itself on a new, higher level. So only then I could see, that what I previously considered to by normal, has now turned out to had been a low-energy state, in comparison. The new energy begun to manifest itself in a form of ecstatic currents and discharges in my body, during meditation, asana practice, or simply during the day. Also, I noticed a new spontaneity and "instant creativity," or a new kind of loud and open laughter. These kinds of things, I can quite easily imagine escaping my body with orgasms.

quote:
It is still too irresistable to me, the pleasure of an orgams, for me to psychologically be able to resist it. That is probably the hardest part - our attachment to the intense pleasure of an orgasm.

This is a tough number... I think, that this is actually a universal situation, that we encounter again and again, in any transformational practice. Time to time, there is a necessity to show a certain loyalty, or trust, or even faith, in the teachings we chose to follow. Time to time, we have to make some effort, perhaps considerable sometimes, without being able to see, or even imagine the reward for it. Often it's really beyond our imagination, and every attempt for a description given to us, sounds completely dry, simply not ringing the bell. It is essential for our progress to learn to cope with this kind of situation, and I believe, that it is a question of practice too. The entire history of humankind is permeated with this motif, and it may well be considered The Grand Motif of life as such. It is the moment of death and rebirth, we all have to go through again and again, in countless forms, ultimately relying solely on our faith.
Let me remind you of the example from western mythology, the parable of the invisible bridge. It often helps me. It is a situation, the mythological Hero may encounter on his journey, perhaps on his journey home, like Odysseus, or you YogaIsLife.

There is that moment on the journey, where the Hero stands on the edge of an abyss. There is no way how to get on the other side, but he needs desperately to get there, because only there he can obtain what is essential for him, to complete his journey. It might by the Holy Grail, or a Key, or whatever. He perhaps doesn't know that the thing is there, but an elderly, respected and wise person told him, it is. He has been told, and also intuits after all, that the only way to get to the other side, is to use his unshakable faith. To rely solely on his faith, and make a step towards his goal, despite he has no idea if, and how things possibly could turn out to support him. Because he's brave, and his faith is deep, he finally closes his eyes, and makes a step into the abyss, letting go of everything he's ever had, and not knowing if something else will come instead. Something, he hasn't any possibility to understand, or even imagine. When he opens his eyes again, he can see, that a miraculous bridge materialized under his feet.

"Miraculous" is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as "occurring through divine or supernatural intervention, or manifesting such power." Really, that Heroe's faith meets the Divine, in that very moment.

So, my advice is: Listen to the wise person!

Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Jan 20 2009 7:16:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000