Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Gurglings,thirdeye openings,Kundalini storms??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  11:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A case of reading what I wanted to read.

I knew about the jump from root to crown but not so much about the other advice. I find the visualisation to be very difficult, which is why I simply went with the sensation of moving up and down the spine. Yogani suggested this if visualisation proved difficult.

I had a go this morning by just limiting the depth of inhalation, it did feel easier. Occasionally I got sucked back into following the energy sensation and haviing heroic levels of inhalation. On the whole it felt more comfortable, if, slightly weaker. Like exercising without using sufficient effort. Not sure if that will go with time?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  12:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

quote:
On the whole it felt more comfortable, if, slightly weaker. Like exercising without using sufficient effort. Not sure if that will go with time?

Yes, that feeling will go with time, especially once the ecstatic connections start happening and everything starts to light up from the inside. You may also find that you are quite quickly able to move through the head without any heavy breathing or discomfort after just a few weeks, or months.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  12:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Karl,

quote:
On the whole it felt more comfortable, if, slightly weaker. Like exercising without using sufficient effort. Not sure if that will go with time?

Yes, that feeling will go with time, especially once the ecstatic connections start happening and everything starts to light up from the inside. You may also find that you are quite quickly able to move through the head without any heavy breathing or discomfort after just a few weeks, or months.

All the best,

Christi

Well I like the sound of that so shall follow it. Probably can increase the time to 10 minutes as it was far more relaxing.
Go to Top of Page

asimpleseeker

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  07:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Using the proper technique I can see the third eye. It is a beautiful bright yellow, just like staring into the headlight of a car. My question now is, What do I do with it?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  08:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by asimpleseeker

Using the proper technique I can see the third eye. It is a beautiful bright yellow, just like staring into the headlight of a car. My question now is, What do I do with it?

Only the third? I'm onto my seventh eye, 4th nostril and 9th ear. Then comes the arms.......so, so many arms

Edited by - karl on Feb 10 2012 08:12:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  1:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Using the proper technique I can see the third eye

what technique?

quote:

Only the third? I'm onto my seventh eye, 4th nostril and 9th ear. Then comes the arms.......so, so many arms

Karl are you becoming an octopus?
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi asimpleseeker and welcome

What you do with it depends on what you want to do.

In some systems, you would use it as an object of meditation.

In AYP it is viewed as "scenery" and attention is brought gently back to the object used here (the IAM mantra) or the practice (e.g. Spinal Breathing Pranayama).

I'm assuming that you're new to AYP, so start with Lesson 1 and work your way through steadily paying particular attention to "Self-pacing" if you want to follow the AYP system (which is the most complete, straightforward and comprehensive set of practices that I've ever come across )

With Love
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  05:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl you did not answer me about turning into octopus..i thought it was a witty joke :(
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  09:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Karl you did not answer me about turning into octopus..i thought it was a witty joke :(

Go to Top of Page

asimpleseeker

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  07:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used the yoni mudra.
I thank all of you for your advice. I WILL start at the beginning lesson.
Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I used the yoni mudra.
I thank all of you for your advice. I WILL start at the beginning lesson.
Namaste.

Welcome Simpleseeker. Start with the basic deep meditation practice ans add others as you become stable, always heed the self pace advice. If you have any symptoms that seem odd, then just slow everything down. Get plenty of grounding alongside the practices and reme,ber to have fun with family and friends along the way.

PS I did not notice your original post was a first post so apologies for the lack of manners in welcoming you the first time around. This thread is really a bit tongue in cheek and a bit of self deprecation and humour along our sometimes, overly serious path, so the reply was supposed to be funny.

Edited by - karl on Feb 12 2012 08:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

asimpleseeker

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight the 3rd eye was like staring into a car's headlight. I was told to merge with it. But in years of meditating I have been unable to do it.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  07:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

At AYP that sort of thing is classed as 'scenery' and does not take precedence over the practice you are doing i.e. meditation, spinal breathing etc. When scenery happens just continue what you are doing; like bringing your attention back to mantra.

Just take things like that in your stride I see tunnels, colours and sometimes camels! However, if you are not practicing AYP then it's best to follow the teachings of the system you are practicing. Mixing up different systems probably won't be as effective.

This lesson covers quite a bit regarding question Lesson 92 - The Star

All the best
Go to Top of Page

asimpleseeker

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  9:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I did read that. It is very enlightening.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000