Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Review of an Informal Impromptu Retreat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barefoot Burton

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2024 :  9:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
At the invitation of Interpaul, I had the opportunity to spend a few days during the first week of April 2024 with Interpaul and Dogboy in the picturesque hometown of Dogboy. We had a wonderful time furthering our liberation efforts doing group AYP practices. We spent much time discussing how we came to AYP, the AYP techniques, the benefits, and so on. It was a great time and for lack of a better phrase, I enjoyed a contact high of inner peace and bliss by being in the radiating presence of these two highly esteemed practitioners of AYP. This stronger than normal inner peace continued on for a few days after our retreat.

At the lead of Dogboy we also grounded ourselves by hiking, howling, and bowling.

For the hiking part we tackled some trails around abandoned granite quarries in the region, some now converted to water supplies for the local towns. It was somewhat cold with some sleet and snow during our hikes, but the hikes were quite enjoyable. We visited a few historical sites of the Northeast United States, some dating back to the 1600s.

For the howling part, Dogboy granted Interpaul and I a temporary probationary membership in the Dogboy Pack and he taught us the finer techniques of howling at one of the super secret howling sites in the area. Dogboy pointed out that howling was both a grounding exercise as well as a stimulant to increasing inner conductivity. I found this to be true, though my level of conductivity is nothing close to the levels of Dogboy or Interpaul.

For the bowling part Dogboy, Interpaul and I bowled a few games of candlepin bowling at a local bowling alley. Dogboy, not surprisingly, won all of the games we played, but it was good fun nevertheless.

Interpaul and I shared a hotel room which allowed us to do a full complement of AYP practices in the early morning using the format we followed with the wonderful retreat Christi offered last May in Devon England. Even though there were only 2 of us in the morning, and 3 of us in the afternoon practicing together, we still shared a common inner peace, joy, and conductivity similar to what I experienced at the formal retreat with Christi. Of course, the after effect of the retreat with Christi was much greater and much longer as his formal retreat was much more intense and in-depth. Still, I was surprised at how practicing for even a short time with a few others can boost your experience.

If you should ever have the opportunity to practice the AYP routines with others, I would strongly encourage you to do so as it brings many positive benefits. For myself, I will be attending another formal retreat with Christi this June in England, but I hope to find other more informal opportunities to practice with like minded AYPers in the future as well.

I have one more interesting story to share. We ate dinner one evening at a lovely seafood restaurant, and I unfortunately fell nauseatingly ill from food poisoning later that night. I think undercooked shrimp was the culprit. I ended up in the bathroom three times wretchedly emptying myself of the earlier dinner in all the ways you might imagine. I was surprised that although I did not enjoy these automatic body cleansing exercises, I was not as upset or suffering to the extent I normally have been when face down in a toilet or a bucket.

Perhaps it was the AYP routines that brought a small measure of inner peace to the event. Much more likely though, it was the contact high from Interpaul just being in the hotel room radiating out his natural inner peace while I attempted to rid my body of food poisoning in the bathroom. I might suggest that should you ever find yourself in a similar situation of nausea , you could reach out to Interpaul and ask him to come to your home and meditate while you regurgitate.

So, thanks to Interpaul and Dogboy for the wonderful impromptu AYP retreat. Hopefully we'll do it again sometime soon.

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2024 :  02:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was great to meet you Burton, and to meet Interpaul in person! Thank you both for spending three days in my neck of the woods! Doing AYP group meditation was a first for me, and I agree, there is subtle power to "practicing in presence". Too bad the weather wasn't fully cooperative, but we made the best of our short time together.Yoga can be an isolating activity, so to be in communion with you both was a divine pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2024 :  03:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful summary of a truly memorable trip. Thank you Burton for bringing your excellent writing skills and humor to capturing the experience so well, and to you Dogboy for being a gracious host. I recall reaching out to the group years ago asking if anyone was doing AYP in my area and one of the forum members encouraged me to start a group. I wasn't motivated enough to pull that off but this impromptu mini AYP retreat was a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with two amazing fellow AYPers.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2024 :  09:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a wonderful time
Go to Top of Page

Deer

Indonesia
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2024 :  05:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing the details of your lovely impromptu retreat, Burton! It sounds so dynamic and yet peaceful. I am inspired
Go to Top of Page

DreamWeaver

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2024 :  10:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful writeup! I've never been to any form of retreat, but it's good to know there's a compounding (amplifying?) effect when people are practicing together. One of these days it'd be nice to meet some AYPers in person.

Interpaul & Dogboy, I think you're missing out on a tremendous business opportunity!

"What do you both do for a living?"
"Well, if you're ever sick, you can call us. One of us will meditate in your home and the other will howl outside while you're hashing it out with your gut in the bathroom."
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2024 :  03:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Too funny don't knock howling until you empty yourself to the heavens oooooo
Go to Top of Page

Barefoot Burton

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  02:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Deer

Thank you for sharing the details of your lovely impromptu retreat, Burton! It sounds so dynamic and yet peaceful. I am inspired

Deer - Good to hear from you again! It was a most inspiring time with Interpaul and Dogboy, much like our conversations/hikes with Interpaul and others last May in Devon. Hope you are well and stay inspired!

quote:
Originally posted by DreamWeaver

What a wonderful writeup! I've never been to any form of retreat, but it's good to know there's a compounding (amplifying?) effect when people are practicing together. One of these days it'd be nice to meet some AYPers in person.

DreamWeaver - I know how you feel about wanting to meet other AYPers in person. My first meeting with AYPers was when I met Interpaul, Deer, and some others at Christi's retreat in England. Meeting others with the same focus on AYP as you, especially those that have been at it longer with more experience, really solidifies the whole thing for me.

I wish we had some formal AYP retreats in the US, even if just for a weekend. To my knowledge there are not any. Last May, Interpaul, Deer, and I were the only attendees from the US. Everyone else was from England/Europe. See if you can come to the retreat in England in June ! There might still be some openings!

quote:
Originally posted by DreamWeaver

Interpaul & Dogboy, I think you're missing out on a tremendous business opportunity!

"What do you both do for a living?"
"Well, if you're ever sick, you can call us. One of us will meditate in your home and the other will howl outside while you're hashing it out with your gut in the bathroom."

That is a great idea! If you do a TV commercial, I can be one of the customer testimonials!

Yes, I too can honestly state that the by the power of their radiance alone, the dynamic duo of InterPaul and Dogboy did indeed reduce my digestive discomfort directly due to the ill effects of an ill-timed illness of an ill-ingested, ill-begotten, internal, irritant. Do not delay! Call now! Operators are standing by!

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dreamweaver, I am a healer of troubled souls but carry the label of physician.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  10:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Barefoot Burton

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2024 :  4:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cato

Sounds like a wonderful time

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing.

It was a wonderful time. For me, when meeting other AYPer's there seems to be an immediate connection. I hope to meet many more in the future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000