Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 DM, Pranayama, and Indoor Bicycle Ridng
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2024 :  3:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm finally convinced that Michigan, even in the warm south like Ann Arbor, actually has Winter this year. I'm trying to add about 45 minutes of indoor bicycling to my mornings, with the typical routine of 5 minutes pranayama and 20 minutes meditation. So, that is understood pretty well. The cycling now is kind of lightweight, but I want to progressively re-develop my strength and endurance for longer rides in Spring.

Sometimes I do about 20 minutes of lighter asanas. I would use that with suitable stretching as a cool-down after pedaling, possibly finishing with Savasana. I think I have that idea understood as well.

But, which practice should I do first, after waking up?

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2024 :  02:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kensbikes

In this excerpt from lesson 147, Yogani suggests vigorous exercise after your meditation:

quote:
I suggest you consider doing the easy bending and stretching portion of your asanas at the beginning. Then do pranayama, and then meditation, so you can get the full benefit of the above-mentioned sequence. After meditation and adequate rest coming out, then it is a good time to do more vigorous physical exercise. See Lesson 80 for more on physical exercise and yoga.

In doing that, you are bringing a deeper silence into your cycling, stillness in action!
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2024 :  10:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on Lesson 147, I would do the AYP Asanas, SBP, DM, and then cycling. Often at the end of cycling one will stretch for may be 10 minutes, and this could possibly be capped off with Savasana, to send one through the day from a very deep resting point.

Edited by - kensbikes100 on Jan 24 2024 02:30:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2024 :  07:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ,I love indoor cycling for exercise
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000