Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Discussion on kundalini teaching methodology
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  12:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator note: This discussion on kundalini teaching methodology has been split from here.

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I like your name.

Connection with the elements is key: earth, air, water, fire, inner space.

If you can make love to Nature, She will take care of you.

Dear Bodhi,

You know I love you, but plain English please for the non poetic amongst us.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  1:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Plenty others will give the practical advice, Lalow, hence my poetic indulgence.

Sometimes the best kind of wisdom is the kind that hints at solutions, possibilities, courses of action--without trying to lay out an exact plan, or solve the mystery for the person. It can be too mechanical to say: do this, do that, then call me in the morning, blah blah blah. Life is more of a choose-your-own adventure, for me. In AYP terms, it's akin to self-pacing.

But OK, to be more practical on the note of fear associated with kundalini:

Some people frame kundalini as if it's this esoteric, alien energy that has to be feared because of its intensity, and there's some truth to that, especially in extreme cases like Gopi Krishna, but for the most part, I have found kundalini to be an intimate and fundamental part of myself, so it's a joy to try to arouse and stimulate Her. In addition to a steady diet of AYP practices (Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing, Bastrika, Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, Core & Cosmic Samyama, Asanas, and most importantly...Bhakti and Karma yoga), I have different tricks that help me keep balance with the primal, feminine energy. It's still very much a work in progress, but I certainly don't live in fear of kundalini. The peak experiences and swells of intensity are taken in stride.

So, I still hold my position that the question is not so much How do I manage kundalini?, but rather How do I fall further in love with kundalini so that I can serve Her as She sustains me?

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Mar 21 2018 2:12:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Bodhi,

You are a complete newbie to kundalini, and someone tells you to make love to nature. Come on!!! You are a teacher.

At my point after more than 10 yrs of E experience. If you tell me to make love to nature, I'll just dismiss everything you say after that.

PS: Bodhi, I'm not hating on you. If you disagree, that's fine.

PPS: OP. Get outside as much as you can. Don't look up spiritual stuff if you are tortured.

Edited by - lalow33 on Mar 21 2018 3:19:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  3:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But that's exactly what I'm trying to demystify. The term "newbie" doesn't really mesh with kundalini, in my experience. Newbie is more relevant within the context of certain techniques, like AYP. But kundalini isn't merely a skill set or system to become proficient at. Kundalini is who we are.

Of course, the cosmic joke is that we have been born into a scenario in which we must re-discover ourselves, through trial and error, so as kundalini rises and manifests, yes, there are plenty of mistakes to be made, and new experiences to be learned from.

But if we simply acknowledge that we are kundalini, fundamentally, then the path becomes much more enjoyable and navigable.

Kundalini awakening is such an abritrary term because, in reality, there are so many shades and textures of kundalini, that it's difficult to benchmark the energy in a binary way as being either awake or not awake. It's not so black and white.

Fortunately, there are universal qualities that seem to permeate individual experiences (such as sensations in the spine and glowing-ness in the body), so we can relate to each other.

When I had a peak kundalini experience in 2010, AYP gave me good tools to keep going in a stable, smooth way, and I continue to use and teach them. But the best thing about AYP is "The guru is in you" motto. We promote autonomy.

So, to any newbies in the spiritual practice game, I say: This is a path of self-discovery and self-creation. Discover yourself so that you can further create yourself. Uncover the mystery so that She can be shared with the world.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What if AYP just told you to make love to nature in your early days?

No vision +desire= ( I can't remember). Your first contact was make love to nature. You would not be here.

Edited by - lalow33 on Mar 21 2018 3:44:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  3:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I read the first lesson of AYP, it stoked my already-burning fire.

"This is the first crucial step, wanting to run through to that something more in us. Being willing to do it. Craving it. Being desperate for it."

and...

"Then we are on fire and want more practice and more powerful ways in. It is a kind of addiction -- a divine addiction."

So even before practicing any of the techniques, bhakti was at the forefront for me, just as Yogani presents it. Making love with Nature is synonymous with the emotional content of that first AYP lession, in my opinion.

To be ecstatic is part of our true Nature, so we might as well become intimately acquainted with that part of ourselves, in tandem and in balance with stillness (the boring, masculine side).
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is falling in love with Nature not in line with the baseline of AYP, especially in relation to kundalini?

That's hard to believe, considering that Yogani honors the divine feminine so much.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  03:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

uniath

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  05:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I went for a casual evening walk, but took a different route than usual and ended up in the middle of a frozen lake sungazing during the sunset. It was just me and the sun, surrounded by a vast emptiness; with a thick layer of snow, ice and water below me.

I could simply be in awe. The recent period of polar night made me really appreciate the sun. What a magnificent, life-giving force it is. You kind of take it for granted, until it's not there. Yet, it always keeps on shining, whether we are aware of it or not. Much like our soul.

Connecting with outer nature can bring us more depth about understanding our inner nature, and the relationship between the two. So, I'm all in for making love with nature. It is essentially making love with our own being.

Bodhi's poetic message leaves room for interpretation, and that's the beauty of it. It can give a spark to the guru within. There're teachings that ought to be taken literally, and those that are not. I say we have room for both.
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  05:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by uniath

Yesterday I went for a casual evening walk, but took a different route than usual and ended up in the middle of a frozen lake sungazing during the sunset. It was just me and the sun, surrounded by a vast emptiness; with a thick layer of snow, ice and water below me.

I could simply be in awe. The recent period of polar night made me really appreciate the sun. What a magnificent, life-giving force it is. You kind of take it for granted, until it's not there. Yet, it always keeps on shining, whether we are aware of it or not. Much like our soul.

Connecting with outer nature can bring us more depth about understanding our inner nature, and the relationship between the two. So, I'm all in for making love with nature. It is essentially making love with our own being.

Bodhi's poetic message leaves room for interpretation, and that's the beauty of it. It can give a spark to the guru within. There're teachings that ought to be taken literally, and those that are not. I say we have room for both.

Jep. I'll second this totally.
Late and cold spring, like this one, is something pretty amazing. That same morning, probably 100km south from you, I was in awe with big & slow snowflakes..
Polar summer;

I think I'll now listen to little bit of Vivaldi, he (too) expressed spring quite well.
edit:
Vivaldi didn't know at all what it can be like! I tried to listen to it, but this sunshine, slow awakening, gratitude and relief seems to be better understooded by Fredric Chopin. His Spring Waltz and Romance are both more accurate with polar stuff, at least in my oppinion(which is the right one)
((Don't know nothing about classical music))

Edited by - Arunachala Bhakta on Mar 29 2018 06:21:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  3:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Uniath

Your walk to the snowy lake reminds me of the famous Robert Frost poem:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Thank you for stating that making love with nature is equivalent to making love with one's own being. It is indeed a revolving door in my experience.

Here's to having plenty of room for both literal and non-literal teachings!

@Arunachala

Now I'm definitely going to have to throw on some Chopin on the ride home.
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  5:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi, I don't know if it works in the same way with the palm trees
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2018 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was a little somber, but it fit my mood.

It ain't all peaches and cream.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2018 :  03:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At the breaking of dawn yesterday, I swallowed the sun. I was completely useless all day after that.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2018 :  08:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Delicious.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000