Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Retreat, Los Angeles, California, Nov 18-20
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  2:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Important Note (8/30/11): See the new LA Retreat information and sign-up page here: http://www.inspirationalworks.net/a...etreats.html
Includes early sign-up discount.

--------------------------------

All,

Finally we are having AYP's first ever retreat in the West. The Western US region, especially California has been one of the major areas of readership for AYP. I hope this retreat will bring us all together for the first time. Here are the details

Venue: Serra Retreat Center (http://www.serraretreat.com), Malibu, California (45 mins drive from Los Angeles International Airport, Airport Code:LAX)
Dates: Nov 18th to Nov 20th (1 pm) /* Retreat tentatively starts at 10 am but participants can join anytime on Friday */
Retreat Leaders: Katrine & Carson

Retreat Fee with early sign up discount by 10/21 (Includes Accomodation & Food (7 meals, Friday Lunch to Sunday Lunch): 370$ (if sharing a room with another), 430$ (For single Occupancy, these are limited)

AYP retreats are for practitioners at all levels of experience, from beginner to advanced. Instructions on Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing Pranayama and basic Asanas are provided as needed, and are included in the Retreat Fee. Everyone who attends will be well taken care of by our experienced leaders, Katrine and Carson.

The detailed retreat schedule is posted below.

Please contact me for registering and payment information.

All of the AYP retreats till now have lead to wonderful experiences and great inner silence. I wish this retreat will be too a great success and help us all make further progress towards our path

- Near

Edited by - nearoanoke on Sep 29 2011 12:42:17 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  05:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near and All

Thanks Near - for initiating this retreat and doing the work necessary for it to manifest. I am really looking forward to seeing you all in the depth of silence, authenticity, wisdom, gentleness, respect, and lightness. May our individual and shared practices (whatever they may be) receive a proper boost before/during/after the retreat, and may the outcome benefit whatever there is to benefit everywhere.

Welcome

FRIDAY

9 am to 10 am - Check-in and Registration

10 am to 11:00 am – Welcome and Instructions for AYP light yoga
stretching, deep meditation and breathing practices for the retreat.

11:00 am to 11:45 am - 1st AYP practice session: 10 min Alternate Nostril Breathing or Spinal Breathing Pranayama, 20 min Deep Meditation and 15 min
rest.

11:45 am to 12 pm - General information regarding the retreat.

12 pm to 1 pm – Lunch

1 pm to 1:30 pm - Walking outdoors

1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – Talk on Self pacing and info regarding ways to ground ourselves

2.30 pm to 3.00 pm - Q & A

3 pm to 4 pm - Free time

4 pm to 5 pm - 2nd AYP Session: 10 min optional light yoga stretching, 10 min Alternate Nostril Breathing or Spinal Breathing Pranayama, 20 min Deep Meditation and 15 min rest

5 pm to 6 pm – Q & A followed by free time

6 pm to 7 pm – Dinner

7 pm to 7:30 pm – Walking outdoors

7:30 pm to 9 pm – Sharings and Dialogues

9 pm - Free time and bed

SATURDAY

7:00 am to 8:00 am - Morning AYP Session (Same as Friday 4 pm)

8:00 am to 9:00 am - Breakfast and free time

9:00 am to 10:30 am - Talk, Q & A and sharings on relational Self Inquiry

10:30 am to 11:30 am - Move around indoors, open dialogues, general relaxation

11:30 am to 12 noon - optional journal writing

12:00 noon to 1 pm - Lunch

1 pm to 2 pm - Walking outdoors

2 pm to 3 pm - Free time

3 pm to 4 pm - Sharing by Katrine and Carson + Q & A

4 pm to 5 pm - Evening AYP Session (same as morning session)

5 pm to 5:30 pm - Break

5:30 pm to 6 pm - Sharings on impact of the retreat so far, Q & A

6 pm to 7 pm - Dinner

7 pm to 7:30 pm – Walking outdoors

7:30 pm to 9 pm – All: Inspirational sharings, music and poetry

9 pm - Free time and bed.

SUNDAY

7:00 am to 8:00 am - Morning AYP Session

8:00 am to 9:00 am - Breakfast and free time

9:00 am to 10:00 am – Talk and Q & A on Bhakti - the desire to open ourselves to ourselves as we are

10:00 am to 10:30 - Open dialogue in circles of 4

10:30 am to 11:30 am – Walking outdoors followed by free time

11:30 am to 1 pm - Q & A, with summary of retreat and talk on how to go back into daily activity

1 pm - Retreat concludes with lunch

PS. The retreat schedule may be subject to minor changes

Edited by - Katrine on Oct 03 2011 2:21:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  1:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Just a reminder on this important AYP retreat coming up in Los Angeles, November 18-20, at the beautiful Serra Retreat Center in Malibu.

While it is still early, it will be very helpful if we could see expressions of interest now, so the necessary planning can proceed for facilities, travel for retreat leaders Katrine and Carson, etc.

If you are interested and think you will be able to attend, please drop us a line in this forum topic, or contact "Near," our retreat organizer at the email link in the first post above.

This retreat promises to continue and expand on the excellent results we have seen at AYP retreats on the east coast USA and in Europe (see feedback on past retreats at the bottom of the retreats schedule page). This will be our first retreat on the west coast USA, where there are many AYP readers and practitioners. Our hope is to add a hefty dose of abiding inner silence to Southern California, and radiate it out to the world. Why not?

AYP retreats are for practitioners at all levels of experience, from beginner to advanced. Instructions on Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing Pranayama and basic Asanas are provided as needed. Everyone who attends will be well taken care of by our experienced leaders, Katrine and Carson.

So don't delay. Please let us know if you can make it to LA for the weekend of November 18-20, 2011. More information on the retreat can be found in the previous two posts above. Any questions about the retreat can be posted here.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  09:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: There was an error in the LA retreat dates in my post above. It has been corrected from November 16-18 to November 18-20, 2011. Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  11:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Important Note: See the new LA Retreat information and sign-up page here: http://www.inspirationalworks.net/a...etreats.html
Includes early sign-up discount.

Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  6:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Andrew for the Web Page. Really Appreciate all your help.

I've heard from few more people as well so this will make it about 10 people and 3 more potentially interested in. From our past retreat experience, these numbers potentially grow once the retreat comes close by. Hence I've increased the booking number of participants from 15 to 25 after seeing the initial interest. We can always adjust the numbers later on.

- Near

Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  12:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

We have 12 sign ups so far and the retreat website has been updated with early-bird sign up discounts (370$ if shared, 430$ private room). The deadline for these rates is October 21st

http://www.inspirationalworks.net/a...etreats.html

- Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  10:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

FYI, the deadline for giving the final count to the retreat center is Oct 24th. So it will be great if those interested can sign up before the deadline. We can still accomodate people after this deadline but only based upon availability of space at the center

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How are those who are flying into LAX planning on getting to the Sierra Center? I am not old enough to rent a car, so I was wondering if there where other ways or if people might carpool? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Joshua,

I'll be sending an email to all the sign ups once the deadline gets a bit closer so that we can co-ordinate better. We can carpool and I can definitely pick up some.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  2:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

We have 16 sign ups so far. The deadline for announcing the count to the retreat center is 10/24 (coming monday) so any sign ups before that would be easier to manage. The discount rates too will apply till then.

After that if you want to sign up you can email me and I can check with the center and let you know if spaces are available

- Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  5:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

For all the people attending the Los Angeles AYP retreat this weekend (Nov 18-20), here is the address to the retreat center

3401 Serra Road,
Malibu, CA

The nearest airport is the LAX Los Angeles international airport. The retreat begins at 10 am (check-in from 9 am) and concludes with lunch on Sunday at 1 pm.

See you all there!

- Near
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  4:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

The LA retreat went great and there was a lot of inner silence that all of us carried home :)

I wanted to wait for a couple of days before I hit the forums in order to let the thing settle in and do its work. We were a total of 16 people and surprisingly only 3 never heard of AYP. Most others though not regular on the forums or to the main site, were aware of AYP.

The retreat felt very well balanced and surprisingly full with just two sessions per day. Before going to the retreat I thought of adding a session or two due to my undersensitivy in general but at the retreat it felt full and I felt no need for additional sessions. The Tai Chi session was great and so is the Insight Dialogue Self-Inquiry practice that we learnt

It was my first time meeting both Katrine and Carson and I found them both to be great human beings and wonderful teachers.

I always wanted to meet an enlightened person (Katrine might object to the word "enlightened" :)) and was curious about how they behaved and talked and meeting katrine and meditating sitting beside her was a delight in that respect. It seemed whatever she said came from a deep sense of clarity and silence. I saw a natural compassion and humility in all her actions. She felt the group energy and self-paced the entire retreat accordingly and clearly knew where the entire thing was going on.

Carson and I shared the room together and I felt he is a great friend and a great guy with a very chilled out attitude. I felt he is a great ambassador to AYP with the way he so clearly communicates the teachings and also with his inspiring life story and his dedication. He explained the practices so well that I felt he is reading them out of some invisible book than just talking about them. I learnt from him that I was doing Spinal breathing wrong all the while and that greatly helped my practice.

I saw a great openness in all the participants and everyone shared their stories and journey and asked the right questions. Though initially we all started out feeling a bit distant, the group came together so well that we were all feeling emotional leaving the place on the last day. Personally I loved talking to a lot of people at the retreat and knowing their journey. Josh was one of the participants who has been practicing AYP for about 3 years and had amazing results with both ecstasy and inner silence. I liked the way he described about his witness state and his experiences and found his transformation inspirational.

Overall I am very satisfied with the retreat and I feel it deepened my daily practices a lot. I feel my sessions lot more deeper and a lot of energy inside me. I also feel a lot of heat during and after the practice inside me. I never used to take more than 2 mins rest but from the past few days the purification was so intense that I feel like taking atleast 10 mins of rest before I can be ready for daily activity.

I want to thank Andrew for all the help. I want to thank Katrine and Carson for making this retreat truly wonderful. And thank you Yogani for making this all happen

- Near
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  01:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sounds wonderful...good job everybody
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  07:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for taking the time to write this Near. It kinda brought the entire retreat alive again.
I would like to thank you for all your hard work as well. Without you, none of this would have been possible. Good job organizing and keeping it all together, taking care of the leaders and participants. You deserve a lot of credit for doing this. Organizing a retreat involves a lot of behind the sceans work that many may never see or know, so I would really like to thank you for getting this together and making it a huge success.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  01:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near, is there another retreat planned for this year in the southern california area? Or in the works?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  09:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi OneLeaf,
To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one right now (Near will be able to update you on that one for sure).
We do have one scheduled in Colorado in June, maybe you can look into that one?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10798

Thanks for your interest, maybe we can get something going for LA too if more people are interested.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  2:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi OneLeaf,

I dont have any plans to organize it this time as I will be moving out of LA most probably by that time.

I can definitely help with the local information if anyone else wants to organize

- Near
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  12:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got it. Thanks for the reply Shanti and Near!

I will look out for any news for any la retreats and will contemplate the colorado retreat as well :).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000