Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Kripalu Retreat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anita

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  12:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am at home, just did the dishes, all packed up and ready to drive out to Kripalu for the 5-day retreat with Katrine and Carson. The past two days I have been in ecstasy, looking forward to it so much! Was there last year and my path has progressed so much since then. Soooo curious to see where it will take me now... Looking forward to seeing my old (and new friends!) Mikki, Pieter, Baba, who else will be there??? The world news has been so sad, so discouraging lately, it will be nice to have a retreat and think about human love and all the good things in life and ourselves for a while. We need to keep sight of that! Much love to you all who are on this path.

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  5:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy, all who go there!!!!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  11:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have a wonderful time, anita. I wish you what I got from a previous AYP retreat

AUM
Go to Top of Page

anita

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it was lovely. Now I'm back, negotiating the transition to normal daily life. Was alternately singing joyously and crying on the way back. Appreciate that I had an easy trip of only a couple of hours compared to the others. Zipped home on the Mass Pike...Carson you will appreciate that I was passed by a black Mercedes, pulled in to the left lane after him, we were crusing along merrily at 80+ when the blue lights suddenly appear on the road and pull over the Mercedes! Well I am not happy for him that he got pulled over but I was quite happy that it wasn't me!

I was very happy to arrive home at my nice little house. Nice to be with my husband and the cats. I will lay off the practices for a day or so even though I feel anxious to start again. Took a hot bath last night at your suggestion Katrine. Slept well and hope to have a productive and relaxing Saturday today. Love to all.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  12:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  12:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Anita! Homecoming was good for me as well--mostly effortless 5-hour drive back to Buffalo and then trying to integrate with the family into daily activity. Still feeling slow today--I feel like I want to stay in my pajamas and move slowly! One nice surprise--when I sat down for my first meditation after my return, my wife sat with me to meditate, for the first time in well over a year! I take no credit, but maybe my glow from the retreat was some kind of inducement. I am still feeling the powerful feminine energy generated during the retreat, probably strengthened by the fact that I came home to a house full of women--in addition to my wife, I had both stepdaughters staying for the weekend. Now the house is finally empty, and I can feel how the retreat has left me very resonant with my inner silence. Shhhhh... Ahhhhhh... :)
Namaste,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been already been over a week since returning from the Advanced Yoga Practices retreat at Kripalu. In some ways I am still not home. It was a great week filled with much silence. In addition to the three daily practices, we were able to participate in other Kripalu activities (such as a West African hand-drumming circle, a world music exhibition and, of course, an occasional asana class). I wish to express much appreciation to the leaders, Katrine and Carson, who not only led us skillfully led us through the practices but also some very enlightening conversations. It was nice to see folks I met from last year again, as well as to meet and feel the enthusiasm of some of the newest AYP practitioners! One of the Kripalu volunteers, who had participated in the demonstration evening, even asked to practice with us again one afternoon. Special thanks to Michael for the many coincidental walk/talks we had and for Katrine for the 5-day introduction to Tai Chi. Both of these served to ground and truly augment my experience. I still see the benefit of that week on my practices which only makes me look more forward to the next AYP retreat I can attend!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000