Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 connection to others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello all;
just wondering if anyone has an explanation of why I'm experiencing telepathy to a great expend nowadays.
I've always been sensitive to my surroundings.I can feel what they feel n catch what they think about before they even utter .but the connection to others who are complete strangers is something new...
I don't intentionally think about it or analyze it but in the same time it's so clear that it's difficult to deny .
As an example: An idea pops in my head n the person next to me says the same thing.I remember someone whom i haven't seen for years and the next thing that person contacts me.
I'm even having similar dreams with friends.three of us had the same dream at the same time although we don't meet that much.None of them is spiritual…all are skeptics!
At first,I thought maybe I have good analysis skill but again what's happening is not always related to previous events…
lately,I look at someone and say this will happen to him/her n it happens or I say to myself a person wearing this or that or has certain features will come from this way n it happens also...so on!

Well!the only conclusion i can come up with so far is to be very careful of what i think or wish cause they seem to happen…:)

thanx for taking the time to read this post
any coment is welcomed

Love

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  08:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We all arise and dissolve in the same stillness. A ripple (a though wave) generated in one part of this stillness can be experienced by all... it's just a matter of how sensitive we are. It is not a mystery once you see it is all arising and dissolving in this one field of awareness.

I guess you are really open and sensitive and so you pick up on things others don't. A siddhi if I may say so.

Enjoy the ripples in the stillness.
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  08:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are all One, we are all a part of the same Truth. You are more sensitive than most to this. Talents are clues as to how we may serve others. Talents are a part of our Dharma. This talent is yours, enjoy it and hone it, use it in Purity of Intention, serve others. We are all One in Love and Truth, you can now see this yourself. You are a part of the proof of this. You are One, You are Truth and thus You are Love.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all and great advice, for a better understanding it would do you good to check these lessons also dear Delara:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2135
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  12:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"What is ironic, is that in order to perform siddhis, you have to lose the ego, and the ego is the part of you that may be interested in performing siddhis. So it is more likely that siddhis may manifest along the path, but when the ego is lost, you may be more interested in pure bliss consciousness and endless ecstasy, and merging with the infinite, which is where the path leads."

An AYPforum quote from the post that Ananda mentioned which is along the lines of what I was going to say but said so much better.

Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  1:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara.
quote:
..to be very careful of what i think or wish cause they seem to happen…:)

I think you may find it is not you causing these things. As mentioned above, if you are sensitive, you can pick up information about what is going to happen, or what people are thinking, and a number of other things.

You don't need to feel responsible for what happens, just because you saw it ahead of time.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree with BuddhiHermit here; It will be mostly picking up things that are going to happen than we thinking about them and making them happen.

It will be interesting though to see that if anyone has experienced the latter. There are 8 primary and 10 secondary siddhis as per Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  3:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for ur feedback!
Ironically I didn't know what a siddhi is…now i have an idea!
Sorry if i'll disappoint you people!I'm new to all these spiritual terms
I tend to agree with you Buddhihermit n Near…looking back at it when these things happen I'm usually relaxed and these are just thoughts passing by. they just pop up in my head at certain times…not sure why!
however!I did experience wanting something so much n it happens but not in the positive sense if i may say.I learnt my lesson not to be angry or have hard feeling to anyone cause I've seen it can really hurt others n it happened many times with me…just an example!I once was treated unjustly by someone when i was sick.I did ask from all my heart that that person gets sickness that would make him feel as helpless as i was feeling at that moment…the poor guy got a stroke on the same day n went in coma…I had few incidents like that which made me decide never ever to get angry at anyone…it's not worth for a moment of anger to cause harm for others!
Now i may sound crazy!but i've always felt protected in life!call it God,divine….life…whatever!but unfortunately it's revengeful n gets back at people who cause me harm badly.So i'm like a crazy gurl who prays for those who hurt me at once n observe myself not to carry anything against them in my heart!

Ananda,u always give me long reading tasks :p…but really thanx!u r the best on reminding me to wake up :p
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  02:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Patanjali warns us that Siddhis are just by product...never cling to them...it is scenery...the realized yogi never claims or shows siddhis because he knows he is not ''real" in the first place !!
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  03:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara

I have been in the same situation as yours. Yes even upto the point of the curse upon persons(kind of uncontrolled) coming true.. The more you learn to abide in inner stillness ,the more you will start to observe the thoughts/ideas suddenly popping into your head. It's just the same way the antenna picks up signals from the surroundings when its tuned to the particular frequency.

In our case, it might well be the inner centres in brain which picks up "vibratory patterns" resonating with ours or somehow remotely connected to subconscious(friends thought,future events telepathically). Just a passing scenery! Enjoy..

As days progress, it will refine into something useful for others and that is tied up with our intentions(as Wooddragon remarked) and bhakti. I second Shanti,Buddhihermit as well..

We do not make that event to happen.. it's just that our inner senses are tuned enough to pick up on them in thoughts.. so feel free
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  06:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara
So i'm like a crazy gurl who prays for those who hurt me at once n observe myself not to carry anything against them in my heart!

Maybe they hurt you because they want to get hurt through you. Its all part of a big game you know (Karma).

And maybe by not cursing them you are not doing the right thing to them.

Reminds me of Professor Xavier in X-men. He has this Siddhi to control minds of the whole world. But he is wise, just like you.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chit-ananda51

The more you learn to abide in inner stillness ,the more you will start to observe the thoughts/ideas suddenly popping into your head.

Hi chit-ananda I agree...

quote:
Originally posted by chit-ananda51

We do not make that event to happen.. it's just that our inner senses are tuned enough to pick up on them in thoughts.. so feel free

hope that's true...that we don't make these events happen…still i have no plans to take chances anymore …my experiences tell me otherwise!

love both Shanti's and WoodDragon's comments!

quote:
Originally posted by manigma

Maybe they hurt you because they want to get hurt through you. Its all part of a big game you know (Karma).

And maybe by not cursing them you are not doing the right thing to them.

Reminds me of Professor Xavier in X-men. He has this Siddhi to control minds of the whole world. But he is wise, just like you.

maybe…however not sure about the wise thingy!I'm more like a child in life who enjoys experimental games…like yesterday I actually played with that thing just letting my inner voice tells me what is in a place I'm getting into or who is sitting where before i reach there…or what a certain person will be wearing … n I laughed a lot cause my accuracy was approximately 4 out of 5!...n I was even singing the same song that was played later on ...

thank you everybody for ur feedbacks…glad to hear from all of you.

Love

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  01:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara
I'm more like a child in life who enjoys experimental games

While I was going to write this, I thought what's the point of writing as you might have already predicted what I am going to write.

But this is cool. Very interesting.

Can you also predict your dreams while you are asleep and dreaming?

They are afterall your dreams, you create them, so you SHOULD know what is going to come up next.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  04:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

When we do some house cleaning so called sidhis come up but they are pyproduct as said by others n dont give so much time to that.

Usually we are never in the present moment our thought always goes to the either past or future and the on going chatering goes on happening but when we are spiritual(meditation n stuffs which makes us to cut down the chatering of the mind)..we are in present moment and at this moment its possible for the person to PICK UP the THe FURTURE happenings or see the PAST/PAST LIFE stuffs like tat..so its just a glimps of future u r having..so just enjoy that and dont divulge too much on it..

All the best in your spiritual practice and May you all find the THE ETERNAL BLISS!

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  05:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx Viji for ur comment...you see …Clinging is when you have a desire or certain expectation for a certain outcome.All I did was a little experiment which I watched objectively without any expectation or favoring from my part to any outcome…I can't see any clinging in that n no harm was done with that little test :D.
Now that it's done and the technique didn't prove 100% efficient!I lost interest in it.
Back to continuing AYP practices routine as usual
the best for you n everybody!
Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000