Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Brain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  02:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I watched this program on Discovery Science yesterday where they explained how Brain and Senses work.

In humans, more than 50% of the brain is used to support our sense of Vision (our major sense).

They concluded the Brain has a dynamic functionality. That if of our major sense stops working (or is damaged), the brain will shift the power reserved for that sense to a different sense.

For example, if a man goes blind, then 50% of his brain's power (that was used for seeing) will divert to his other sense/s that remain active (hearing, smelling etc).

Wow... this is just AMAZING.

I am sure this little information will be helpful to many.

The divine man first made by God had his consciousness centered in the omnipotent single eye in the forehead (eastward). The all-creative powers of his will, focused at that spot, were lost to man when he began to "till the ground" of his physical nature.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...i/Chapter_16

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000