Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 evil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  10:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

At the moment I am pondering if evil actually exists. I tend to think not, as God has created everything, and we are all are One,so how could evil exist? I do believe certain people on this planet certainly give the appearance of evilness and I guess this person must have a really warped sense of reality and abnormal brain functioning along with I´m sure are a lot of other screwed up parts in his brain. That is the only way I can assume these people also as being God´s children as well.

If anybody has any thoughts about this I´d love to hear what you have to say,

nirmal

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  4:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I agree with you... evil in one person's eyes may be love in the others.
Like Anthony de Mello said: "a terrorist to you is a martyr to the other side."

Here are a few words from him:
http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvi...wareness.pdf
"There is no explanation you can give that would explain away all the sufferings and evil and torture and destruction and hunger in the world! You’ll never explain it. You can try gamely with your formulas, religious and otherwise, but you’ll never explain it. Because life is a mystery, which means your thinking mind cannot make sense out of it. For that you’ve got to wake up and then you’ll suddenly realize that reality is not problematic, you are the problem. "

Take a look at this topic
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9442
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  12:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti. You know this concept of evil also includes the concept of the "devil," 666, and people having to be exorcised to be rid of an inhabitation of the devil or other evil spirit, and "the end of the world" concept, or the apocalypse.

I really believe all of this began in the church, used as a scare tactic to keep the congregations in line. The church has played a role in many things that has really distorted the truth from maybe, most notably the format that is now the way the bible is today vs what it looked like when it was originally written.

Forgive me I rattle on, I do get stirred up when I start talking about the church! I could go on, but I´m afraid the moderators will ban my reply!!!

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  01:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal
At the moment I am pondering if evil actually exists.

It will exist as long as you think Good exists. Good and Evil belong to your mind, not you.

Go beyond.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  01:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes evil exists. When a person intentionally hurts another it is evil. Then you can find even more convoluted situations where people manipulate the perception of crowds and cause the crowds to unknowingly do things that are wrong.
But if you trace the motivations of such things, you are not going to find a single monstrous entity, only people twisted inside. . .
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  02:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very well said manigma
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000