Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Really frustrated with health
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  05:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Long story short: I know some health problems I've had for quite some time have been literally blocking me from doing anything yoga related. I haven't been able to meditate for almost a year. I really don't think it's related to self-pacing.

I've been doing a lot of brown rice fasting and detox diets. It's definitely working, the problem is improving. But it's soooooo slow, it's taking a lot of time. Sometimes if feel like I could be doing this well into the new year. I stopped water fasting because got to many symptoms from it.

I'm open minded to any suggestions, I'm very convinced that detoxing is REAL. That's my aim here.

Edited by - AYPforum on Nov 30 2010 05:40:59 AM

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  11:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,
I have no idea what are your health problems but if you are looking for a potent, healthy and balanced energy booster, then I suggest you look up at milk kefir. Kefir is good for a ton of things, including detox. I had a spontaneous awakening back in 2002 and it took me years to recover from the physical and emotional fatigue. Finally last September, I bumped into milk kefir and the results have been incredible on my immune and nervous systems. I feel incredibly well grounded, I have loads of balanced energy. At last I can enjoy and relax into my AYP practices.

For more info on kefir :
http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

Edited by - thibaud05 on Nov 30 2010 12:36:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  11:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Would you feel comfortable sharing your health problems? This may help people respond in a way that is helpful to you. I have done lots of fasting, including longer fasts and they can be great when needed and when your body is in suitable condition. However my experience is that they also have the potential to be quit destructive and weakening on the body. The indian system of medicine known as ayurveda also recognises both points of view.

If you don't feel comfortable discussing your health problem on an open forum then visiting an ayurvedic doctor might be helpful. They will most likely have more knowledge then a conventional doctor when it comes to fasting and yoga related practices.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  10:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thibaudo5---I went to the site about kefir, and it sounds good, almost too good to be true! Are you sure it´s that good? Can you tell me about your spontaneous awakening?--thanks, nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  12:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to look at this thread on diet:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=9110#9110

In my opinion detox is something that should be done for a short time, then return to a good balanced diet.
On a good light diet you will continue to detox, but side effects will be much less than fasts.
Some people say brown rice fasts are bad for some types of people, and water fasts also.
That's a very complicated subject, but for those type of bodies, a high-raw diet is much better, where you eat a high amount of salad type stuff.
I am one of those people. Sometimes people feel great when they begin a fast because they were regularly eating something that they have a bad reaction to. This could be too much fat, grains (usually wheat), dairy, or other things. Some nutritional types don't survive well on brown rice even if you are not specifically allergic to it.
So IMHO it is best to find your nutritional type, then balance that with a high raw diet, and detox slowly that way. If you try it, you will know if it is right for you by the way you feel after just a few days.

Many chronic health problems will clear up in a few weeks if you eat a diet that is matched to your nutritional type, and high raw at the same time, which will detox you also.
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You could try some healing sessions with Chunyi Lin or Jim Nance. They are both very powerful healers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000