Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meeting other AYP practitioners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  08:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there any way to find which AYP practitioners are near my own location and message them? I would love to meet someone in person that shares my interest in AYP and I have never had the chance. Is there a system in place for meeting people or if not a reason against having such a system? Thanks in advance.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  09:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Assorted Vibrations and welcome to the AYP forums!

You can try looking in this list here: http://www.aypsite.org/events.html

If there is no one in your area on that list, you can try to find others by just saying where you are located (in this thread) and hope others get in touch. Other then that, I don't know that there is an easy way.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to the forum!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  2:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck, Ive also been looking to meet fellow AYPers!
Youre only a state away from me[8D
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  10:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in Oregon. Nice to make your acquaintance faileforever. I looked through the list (http://www.aypsite.org/events.html) and I am surprised that there are no groups on the west coast. I would have guessed there would at least be something in California. I would love to start a group in Oregon but I am not in a place where I have the ability to do so right now. As soon as I can however, I would love to get on that.
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  10:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello to both of you, thanks for saying hey. I realized I have never even corresponded with a fellow AYPer before, so I'm glad to chat even if the distance between us may be a bit to far to hang out in person. I'm 22, a recent college graduate, and have been doing AYP for almost two years (thanksgiving weekend is my anniversary).

Anyways, I'm happy to meet you all and would like to chat as much as you all may feel like chatting.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Assorted Vibrations

I'm in Oregon. Nice to make your acquaintance faileforever. I looked through the list (http://www.aypsite.org/events.html) and I am surprised that there are no groups on the west coast. I would have guessed there would at least be something in California. I would love to start a group in Oregon but I am not in a place where I have the ability to do so right now. As soon as I can however, I would love to get on that.

Hi Assorted Vibrations and faileforever:

It is not necessary to be starting a meditation group or anything specific to become a local AYP contact. Many of the people on the contacts/events list are "planning contacts," meaning they can be emailed to begin forming local networks of practitioners, which can lead eventually to meditation groups, training, retreats, etc. It does not necessarily mean taking the lead in doing any of these things.

If you would like to become a "planning contact" for your area, let me know via email and we can add you to the list. The experience has been that being on the list does not produce a flood of email, so not to worry about that. It does provide a means for a few people in each area to get in touch, and see where it might go from there. Being on the list as a planning contact involves no commitment beyond that -- pretty much what you have been looking for here in the forums, but with some better ongoing AYP visibility for your area.

Yes, it is surprising that we don't have any contacts listed for the west coast USA, particularly since a large portion of the AYP readership is there. Perhaps it is time to remedy the situation?

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  1:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks yogani, Im def interested, will shoot you an email asap
It would be SO awesome to actually meet some practioners in person!
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  1:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks indeed. Good things are happening!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000