Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Biology of the Nasal Pharynx
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  5:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Everyone

Quick question here....

I am trying to understand if the biology of my personal nasal pharynx differs from others. I have insufflated (snorted) copious amounts of drugs in my day, and I am wondering if this has changed things in there somewhat. Here is what I feel with my tongue in the nasal pharynx:

I can pull the soft palate down, I can run the tongue along the ridge/septum, from bottom all the way to the top, and near the top of the ridge/septum I can feel the nostril holes (the ridge runs inbetween the nostril holes). The septum doesn't stick out much for me, and I can lay my tongue flat against the nostril holes and close them both off at the same time by doing this, making it impossible to inhale or exhale air through the nostrils. If I push the tongue all the way to the top of the nostril holes I will be pressing into the septum with the underside of the tongue, and when the tongue is in this position there is a "hangy thing" that is touching the top of the tongue. I can play around with the "hangy thing" and have been able to explore what this hangy thing feels like all the way around. The backside of it is smooth and the front side feels almost like a very tiny cluster of grapes. Is this the "bony structure that houses the pituitary gland" as described in the Stage 3 section of this lesson here? http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Love!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Apr 29 2010 5:37:27 PM

innercall

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

From what I know of anatomy, you must be touching the pharyngeal tonsil that is suspended on the sphenoid bone. This is the cranial bone that holds the pituitary gland in the "sella turcica". If I understand what you mean, you must be touching the flat surface of the bone and the tonsil that must have a different texture. These pictures might help

http://accweb.itr.maryville.edu/myu.../Pharynx.gif

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/e...75CB306D.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  01:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I pretty much experience the same as you, Carson although for me the "hangy thing" is more of a bump. Everyone is designed slightly differently.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  10:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have studied these anatomy charts before.

If you want to be as close to the pituitary as possible, you must go all the way up as in regular kechari, as much as you possibly can.

Then you move your tongue back towards the back of your head.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  11:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for those diagrams innercall!

Based on those diagrams, yes, I believe I am touching the pharyngeal tonsil. Is that as far up as one can go? Is that the closest the tongue can physically get to the pituitary gland? Any higher and I just run into the bone right?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

innercall

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that would be the highiest you can go. Like alwayson2 said, pressing the tip on the tongue on the body of the sphenoid bone, below the sella tursica would be the closest to the pituitary you can get.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarifications innercall....greatly appreciated.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  04:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Namaste Everyone

Quick question here....

I am trying to understand if the biology of my personal nasal pharynx differs from others.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Love!

Carson..just say one time ,,I love you,, to anyone..and you'll be fine.
here try it..say..kriptodanny I love you,,..see what happens.Because if you say that to a mahayogi,magik happens,see?
Better?
I thought so..
Kisses:)..I love you too...
Danny
ps..listen to this clip I've posted in my blog
http://kriptodanny.blogspot.com/201...morning.html
It's a beautiful mornin', Ahhh,
I think I'll go outside a while,
An jus' smile.
Just take in some clean fresh air, boy!
Ain't no sense in stayin' inside
If the weather's fine an' you got the time.
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day.
Either way,
It's a beautiful mornin', Ahhh,
Each bird keeps singin' his own song.
So long!
I've got to be on my way, now.
Ain't no fun just hangin' around,
I've got to cover ground, you couldn't keep me down.
It just ain't no good if the sun shines
When you're still inside,
Shouldn't hide, still inside, shouldn't hide,
Ahhhh..Oh! (shouldn't hide) Ah, ah, Oh....
To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !." - Tamil Poem-
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kriptodanny.....I love you.

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000