Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  10:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
something I had wanted to share with others for a time but choose not to. SOmetimes I feel frustrated. frustrated that I am interested in things that happen that are not positive. Take tiger woods for example. It is one thing to care for him and what he is going through, it is another thing to use his behavior as a source of entertainment. In MY ideal world people (myself foremost) would cherish their loved ones and live lifes showing respect for others. Yet I watched his trainwreck with interest, where I would rather watch it with compassion.
I sometimes get down on myself for not always seeing the beauty of the sun, the laughter of a child, etc.... however what I have been through has given me a greater sense of acceptance of others and how they live their lives.
on the positive,
it is spring and the smell of pollen in the air is nice and this past year I have appreciated the cold weather more then in the past.

may all find what they seek
brother Neil

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  11:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey brother neil,
the very fact that you are aware of this is a proof of your compassion!
Today two girls in my class chatted abt the plane crash and discussed how many people died while they giggling. I think it's not entirely their fault. It is what Heidegger calls "the They", the totality of all other people that controlled individual's response to almost everything, preventing them from facing their own beings. In yoga's term, this can be translated as the total of karma of the world and its effect on each one. What we can do is window cleaning and a little service.
Since meditation comes along, I feel my love has been evening out. Less to those I give most, more to those I grudge to give any.

Go to Top of Page

Christine

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  11:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
" Yet I watched his trainwreck with interest, where I would rather watch it with compassion. "

a few years back, while eating dinner and watching the news, i witnessed a lot of people trapped in a nightclub die in a fire. in that split second i became highly aware that most of the world ( myself included) had become immune to such acts of violence, sitting in front of the TV chomping down dinner. when i became aware of this i questioned why i did not respond to this horror deeply, as if it were my own children or a personal love interest, be it family member or lover...

i told a swamji about my response and asked her what she thought of this , she called it 'grace'.... that i was beginning to wake up ...

maybe a step in the process brother Neil...

warm regard,

christine

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your words christine and phil. its nice to have a place to share thoughts. caught some good waves after work
Brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Apr 13 2010 11:04:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000