I can't stand da love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  6:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a sucker. I'm an addict (no joke). I can't stay away, but I have reduced my participation here at the forum, and my aim is to reduce it further. Thanks for all kind words from everyone.

First, Carson and others, writing about trying to contain the love... I don't recognize trying to hold or contain it, nor having trouble giving. I'm probably not even there yet, ready to give (however, the body is often acting "givingly" and is engaged in loads of healing nowadays, but that acting is detached from any inner experience of love). I think I have trouble receiving (and not receiving as "having") but letting "myself" be eaten by love. I have once been litterally eaten by it, just like Neo is eaten by the melting mirror (couldn't find any better clip than the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM5yepZ21pI), and it got all the way to the throat - then I snapped out of it, gasping... No time to reflect on "giving it away" in those moments. It's more an attack, and all survival mechanisms in the mindsystem goes on red alert...

@smileyogi - so yes, of course it's fear. And the staying with the love does not happen. So... meanwhile... I might get used to it... or not... we'll see. Thanks for an inspiring post. (And I thank myself, since all is projection, no? )

So, Kirtan (@first post), I'm glad to hear you've never had the same problem with love as I have. Thanks, though, for a nice description of divine love. And the advice to "just "back away" from limited-mind; limited-mind is the problem .... not the Loving" is absolutely not helping. It's the ups and downs on the journey while this is not happening we have been discussing for almost half a decade here on forum together.

(@second post) I have already talked in length with you about helping. The unexpected blows from me may be seen as "I am your blind spot jumping up to slap your face". If you truly had no patronizing attitude you could just say "oh, dear, do I still release such a response in someone? I must take another round and check why that may be! Thanks for alerting me!" instead of writing a whole post denying it and... pointing to the fact that it's all my projections and has nothing to do with you (because you are beyond that now). I believe we have blind spots until we leave this body and I believe reactions from others are either entirely their made-up projections - OR there's something in ourselves that actually triggers that projection/reaction (no smoke without fire)! What triggers me is expressed clearly by Kierkegaard:
quote:
If One Is Truly to Succeed in Leading a Person to a Specific Place, One Must First and Foremost Take Care to Find Him Where He is and Begin There.

This is the secret in the entire art of helping.

Anyone who cannot do this is himself under a delusion if he thinks he is able to help someone else. In order truly to help someone else, I must understand more than he – but certainly first and foremost understand what he understands.

If I do not do that, then my greater understanding does not help him at all. If I nevertheless want to assert my greater understanding, then it is because I am vain or proud, then basically instead of benefiting him I really want to be admired by him.

But all true helping begins with a humbling.

The helper must first humble himself under the person he wants to help and thereby understand that to help is not to dominate but to serve, that to help is a not to be the most dominating but the most patient, that to help is a willingness for the time being to put up with being in the wrong and not understanding what the other understands.

I agree very much with this message. To put oneself in a self-proclaimed helping position IS to claim superiority "I know more than you", how else could you believe yourself to be able to help? As long as your posts are dominating by length and wordiness (Truth CAN be stated shortly) and contain proclamations of how it REALLY IS and you can help others to get there, I probably will interpret them as an attempt by you to assert your greater knowing instead of truly wanting to help. You even started by saying you could not understand the problem since you always could accept da love and felt happy about it. How can you help if you don't understand where I come from? However, I'm sure many ARE helped by your posts also. As someone said, many are reading the topics. However, when they are addressed to me, I respond.

@Katrine. Thank you very much for your response and both your first and your second post. The first post contains so many beautiful points, and when the tone of it and the unneccessary notions around basics (since I in my questions already show I'm totally aware of the basics - the fact that the body/mind cannot become or get the love etc) is cleansed as in your second post - it goes straight in here! (I'm very greatful you didn't suggest I'd read Yogani's lessons from the beginning or keep the twice daily practices and self-pace accordingly. )

@Arjuna, Thanks for sharing. Your post had me wondering if it's because I have lacked emotional love during my life (both giving and receiving), the psyche is so depraved of love of any kind, that when it comes in Divine package... it just freaks?! The one and single thought that closes the system is "I'm not worthy". (And I know it's not about being worthy or not worthy at all, but that's the key signal for my conditioned mind to go on red alert)

@Christi - thanks for your words. My mantra now is "Be thy will". If love torture is it... then that is what is...

@Jiva...yogi. Yep. There's that bhakti! That's where I'm at. Thanks for a beautiful post.
quote:
I, for one, hope I never get "used to it." The Beloved can undo me over and over and over again, as he wishes...just let me rest in his arms. And then I cry for him to come in greater measure. Then when he does, I tremble and become unglued...who could ask for anything more?

I'm hopefully, slowly adopting that allowing approach. Thank you - your post brought tears!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  10:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Wow - awesome feedback, all around .... (I got a lot from reading your entire post) ... and will comment a bit on "my" piece of it.

(Though for any *truly* not in the mood for wordiness ---- my "short answer" is: you've given some good and valuable feedback, which I very largely agree with, in terms of your conclusions --- specifically vis a vis the Kierkegaard quote.)

For those who have interest in my additional comments .... and/or a whole lotta patience ..... please see below.

quote:
Originally posted by emc

So, Kirtan (@first post), I'm glad to hear you've never had the same problem with love as I have.

I think I may have misunderstood what you were saying, and/or vice-versa, a bit.

I thought you *were* talking about Divine Love. What I meant to say is: I've had huge, highly emotional openings --- that were both huge and highly emotional --- but simply haven't had the "hard to contain" feeling. I don't think that's something better or worse than your experience ... just different.

I also meant to convey that after those openings .... there wasn't a "cannot contain" feeling in daily life ... but there was/is a VAST amount of gratitude.

When I mentioned "ego-facsimile-love", I wasn't implying that this had anything to do with your experience ... just that I had issues, in my own past with "receiving" love, as I thought of it, at the time.

I was basically trying to say:

"Yep, I get what you're saying here; Nope, I haven't experienced exactly that; here's my experience, both ego-wise, and spiritual-wise, and per my own experience, I'd say that it's likely that it does cease being overwhelming."

Heck, maybe I should have just written *that*! (The words above.)

I have *NO* clue if that clears anything up ..... it sounds like maybe we both were/are somewhat confused as to which type of love and/or experience we each were referring to in a given statement.

quote:

Thanks, though, for a nice description of divine love. And the advice to "just "back away" from limited-mind; limited-mind is the problem .... not the Loving" is absolutely not helping. It's the ups and downs on the journey while this is not happening we have been discussing for almost half a decade here on forum together.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, here.

Are you saying that you know this already? I'm making that statement from the presumption that you DO know this already (that backing away from limited-mind is "what to do" if at all possible ....... while fully recognizing that it feels utterly impossible, much of the time).

My point was actually very simple, and one that took me a LONG time to finally "get", and it is this:

Limited-mind will do *everything* it possibly can, to convince us that it has something important or pertinent to say, including pulling out ALL the stops, in terms of every deepest-seated, longest-standing psychological issue and tendency that it has any kind of access to; in short, limited-mind is exceptionally qualified to blindside us at nearly every possible turn, and the more subtle our awareness gets ... the more subtle and insidious its illusions get, until we no longer identify with the movements of limited mind, at all. I was just adding my voice to many who say and have said: "Limited mind IS the illusion."

In my own experience, I *thought* I knew this ... but realized that if I really did know it .... I wouldn't keep acting as if limited mind is real, on any level at any time. Once I realized this, it all got amazingly more easy .... and so, I wanted to pass this along ... in the spirit of encouragement ... as well as in the spirit of a literal technique/practice.

While conveying my experience that limited mind is the source and the cause of the creation and persistence OF the ups and downs.

It's not the backing away that's actually difficult (and believe me, I know, that may well seem laughable .... but please hear/"read" me "out", here ...) .... what is difficult is relinquishing belief in form to tell us the truth.

We believe our thoughts and emotions and they are almost always lying ... because they are reactions to evaluations which come from limited mind ... for instance the idea that we cannot contain love. This is like a wave from the ocean saying "I cannot contain wetness" ..... the wave may believe, think and feel this deeply ..... but it does not make the belief any more true.

We really ARE Always ONLY EVER The Love ... and not just validly ..... ACTUALLY.

It's only the reactions of limited mind that keep us convinced otherwise ... and those reactions are consummately skilled at doing so.

If there was any "meat" to that first post, this point was it; I truly hope it helps.

It got me for a LONG time; I'd be cruising along, happily and relatively conscious .... and then *wham* .... emotional/psycho "low" ... or "crazy"-reaction from an ego-story that was largely no longer present.

I finally realized that there's NEVER a reason to accept the reference-point of limitation. Turning away from reactions became a practice. It was basically downhill from there; reactions still arose ... but having already realized they were not true and could not be true ... the practice was to release, not to evaluate nor indulge.

Then, it became a matter of being pulled into unconsciousness in some way (usually an emotional reaction, based on a conditioned evaluation, of some kind), and not realizing this had happened, because those reactions are so incredibly familiar.

This is where sustaining awareness became the practice; in true awareness, these things couldn't blindside me any longer.

Do untrue thoughts still arise? Sure they do; the memories of the body-mind kick them up; they're not the awareness I Am.

We're all the awareness I Am ... and no story, no thought, no feeling, which says we're not, has the tiniest grain of truth to it.

quote:

(@second post) I have already talked in length with you about helping. The unexpected blows from me may be seen as "I am your blind spot jumping up to slap your face".

I'd gladly agree with this from a humility standpoint; I just can't see this as helpful from an accuracy standpoint ... and not at all because I'm the subject of the "slap"; I feel this way regarding any interactions between anyone.

quote:

If you truly had no patronizing attitude you could just say "oh, dear, do I still release such a response in someone? I must take another round and check why that may be! Thanks for alerting me!" instead of writing a whole post denying it and... pointing to the fact that it's all my projections and has nothing to do with you (because you are beyond that now).

Wow, it seems I come across as really arrogant at times, to you, emc. My apologies for that.

It's not about me being beyond anything ........... really, really, really.

It's about understanding that perception does not equal reality for any of us.

The term "patronizing" implies a certain attitude. Who can say whether or not that attitude is or was present? I can ... I wrote the post. Just as you could say how you were feeling, for any post you write. That's all I meant.

It's SO easy to start doing a dance of who is "righter" or "wronger" or "whateverer" .... and I don't see those kinds of dances as having value. They perpetuate a dynamic that's counter-productive for all, in my opinion; that's all.

There are ways to resolve communication issues without attack or defense, and candidly, I missed that, from a non-violent communication 101 standpoint (and I say that, because communicating positively, non-violently and in a mutually uplifting way is always my intention) .... and it's actually (in my view) a very, very essential point:

When communication breaks down (for instance, when an accusation is made), it doesn't even matter if there's accuracy to the accusation, because all accusation is opinion, anyway (in terms of personal conduct, I mean; bank robbery is another matter ...... ).

All that matters is for both/all parties to re-establish trust and goodwill ... or communication can't/won't take place, no matter what is said, by either/any party.

If trust and goodwill is present ..... communication can't help *but* take place.

quote:

I believe we have blind spots until we leave this body and I believe reactions from others are either entirely their made-up projections - OR there's something in ourselves that actually triggers that projection/reaction (no smoke without fire)!

If I understand you correctly, I agree that both reaction dynamics can happen; I don't believe that blind spots exist until we leave the body (I don't have any belief, one way or the other .. I just don't have any evidence/experience that this might be the case, is all .. and again, not "for myself" ... for all of us).

quote:
Originally posted by emc
What triggers me is expressed clearly by Kierkegaard:

quote:
Originally posted by Kierkegaard
If One Is Truly to Succeed in Leading a Person to a Specific Place, One Must First and Foremost Take Care to Find Him Where He is and Begin There.

Anyone who cannot do this is himself under a delusion if he thinks he is able to help someone else. In order truly to help someone else, I must understand more than he – but certainly first and foremost understand what he understands.

If I do not do that, then my greater understanding does not help him at all. If I nevertheless want to assert my greater understanding, then it is because I am vain or proud, then basically instead of benefiting him I really want to be admired by him.

The helper must first humble himself under the person he wants to help and thereby understand that to help is not to dominate but to serve, that to help is a not to be the most dominating but the most patient, that to help is a willingness for the time being to put up with being in the wrong and not understanding what the other understands.

quote:
Originally posted by emc
I agree very much with this message.

quote:
Originally posted by emc
To put oneself in a self-proclaimed helping position IS to claim superiority "I know more than you", how else could you believe yourself to be able to help?

I agree with this, too (both the Kierkegaard quote, and your agreement with it) ... if the "being in a position to help" is felt/expressed in those terms (the "superior" attitude Kierkegaard references).

I've never meant it like that, though at least one other person (a few months back, here at the forum) presumed that I meant it that way, too ..... so maybe I can find a better way to say what I mean, when I say that.

When I say that I'm here to help, or be helpful .... I mean it in the sense that we're all on the same side, we're all on the same team.

For instance, when I said it to you, in my last post in this thread ("I'm truly happy to try to help, if I can") .... I meant it in the sense that while I didn't/couldn't agree with your exact assessment of my attitude, that I was/am very much willing to talk it through, as co-forum-members, specifically IN a spirit of equality / connection / friendship / peace / other good stuff.

I didn't mean "I'm happy to try to help because I'm so freakin' enlightened, and will deign to share my wisdom" (thankfully, I've never had a thought even remotely like that ... and couldn't believe it, if I did ...... but apparently that's how my "helpfulness" has sounded to a couple of people here, including you ... and that's a couple too many, because it's simply not the way I feel, at all. I say what I say in that regard from a spirit of kindness ... not haughtiness).

I meant "I'm truly happy to try to help" ..... in the sense of "I'm sorry what I wrote was taken so negatively, and I'm happy to listen to how you feel about it, and see if we can't maybe clear things up a bit" .... which feels like it's happening.

quote:

As long as your posts are dominating by length and wordiness.

Wordiness?

quote:

(Truth CAN be stated shortly)

Oh, c'mon, it canno ............... oh. Wow. It can.

"Hm."

Um .............

"Who Knew??"

(You think *I'm* long-winded? Try reading Abhinavagupta!! )

quote:

and contain proclamations of how it REALLY IS and you can help others to get there

I can actually see how some/much of what I say *could* sound like that, from a certain perspective.

I absolutely Do Not mean it like that ........ and truly never have.

I do speak from experience; if someone truly feels they have experience which is different enough from mine, and others who cite similar experiences and views (the experiences and views I cite are not that unusual, as far as I know), that they have reached different conclusion ..... by all means, I'd be happy to talk with them.

I don't think that's happened yet.

I do my best not to speak as if I know, unless I know from ongoing experience, and from the awareness that is not only deeper than all experience, but is the very place where we are all literally one.

There's truly no attitude of "loftiness" here ..... not in any way; truly just caring and encouragement. I apologize if my words have made my attitude sound different than that; except for the couple of times it's been mentioned, it has honestly never occurred to me that my words *could* sound like that ...... it's very different from anything I've ever felt.

The experiences I've spoken of in recent times (the last several months) .... have been of the type that have helped me to feel even more connected with all, even more truly aware of sameness/oneness ..... not anything that would or could increase a sense of separation, on any level; I apologize if my words have given a different impression, though I'm not entirely sure what I can do about that ...... I don't think there's been a human in history whose words were understood or accepted completely; we all deal with that one.

quote:

, I probably will interpret them as an attempt by you to assert your greater knowing instead of truly wanting to help.

Point noted ... and appreciated.

Hopefully I can match up my intention a little more closely with your interpretation .... and/though ask for any help you might be able to offer in that regard.

quote:

You even started by saying you could not understand the problem since you always could accept da love and felt happy about it. How can you help if you don't understand where I come from?

Please see beginning of this post (which, hopefully clears some of that up).

However, good point, too.

Essentially, I may not be able to understand the feeling of "cannot contain the love", and will leave that part to those who do.

I know (now, as of fairly recently; and increasingly before that ... as in: an experience-trajectory pretty much the same as all of ours, ultimately) that all are always already the Love .... and was offering some encouragement regarding how you might know it as soon as possible, as well ... very specifically; I was speaking to what has worked for me in experience, in terms of experiencing the reality of love more consistently and completely; that's all.

quote:

However, I'm sure many ARE helped by your posts also. As someone said, many are reading the topics. However, when they are addressed to me, I respond.

Of course ..... I wouldn't want it any other way, truly.

Thanks emc; I really appreciate the opportunity to talk about this.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Apr 10 2010 11:22:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  11:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you said EMC
"I agree very much with this message. To put oneself in a self-proclaimed helping position IS to claim superiority "I know more than you", how else could you believe yourself to be able to help? As long as your posts are dominating by length and wordiness (Truth CAN be stated shortly) and contain proclamations of how it REALLY IS and you can help others to get there, I probably will interpret them as an attempt by you to assert your greater knowing instead of truly wanting to help. You even started by saying you could not understand the problem since you always could accept da love and felt happy about it. How can you help if you don't understand where I come from?"

well if someone is trapped under a car and I am not, am I claiming superiority when trying to help.
I guess it is another paradox as no one is fit to help and everyone is fit to help. If we waited till we are perfect to help, would there be help?
and now back to our regurlarly scheduled program.............................................................................
The moment
just 2 cents from here

Edited by - brother neil on Apr 10 2010 11:28:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  03:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtan, you wrote basically the same in a private mail to me, and I'll continue to have the dialogue with you there.

(If you read my post again, you will find that I don't either understand the feeling of "cannot contain the love", that was Carson's previous trouble, not mine.)
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  04:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I'm a sucker. I'm an addict (no joke). I can't stay away, but I have reduced my participation here at the forum, and my aim is to reduce it further. Thanks for all kind words from everyone.

Hey Emc..we are all addicts.one way or the other..some are addicted to love or emptiness.Some to Marlboro cigarettes..whom cares?
But I'm telling you this..Emc..unless you're addicted to the truth,you won't stand a chance...
And why reduce your participation?..your posts show sincerity,and that's the first ingredient of the marvelous cosmic soup of enlightenment..trust me.
You see...you must feel that love first,and stay with it.If it was not for that divine love,no human could ever become a Buddha.
You must trust the divine within you,that's all.
But that's not the end,as Kirten said.
It's the step of the 6th consciousness(the reflective one,the one whom makes choises) being powered by the true power within.
In truth..you can stay in that love space for eons,and not know your true self.
The fact that you can't stay in..it means the 7th consciousness(the I am) is challenged.This can be destroyed (not destroyed..is more like known) only by a severe trauma,or by introspection of,,whom is feeling this fear??..or meeting a guru to remind you that the guru is in you,using his shakti powers(not words)

Remember ones the process is on..you have no choise.
Much love to you..and thank you for your posts...quite interesting topic.The very fact that you sensed that fear shows you already are close to integrating the ,,I am,,..and when you do this(by letting go of thoughts in meditation) you'll see the Tao...then the real work starts.But it takes great courage and faith to do that,even though there is nothing to fear,which is a paradox.
Danny

quote:
@smileyogi - so yes, of course it's fear. And the staying with the love does not happen. So... meanwhile... I might get used to it... or not... we'll see. Thanks for an inspiring post. (And I thank myself, since all is projection, no? )

ps.
Not really..I was trying to address the issue that one COULD project if one is too sure of his knowledge..that's all..I was not saying that all is projection.Only the person could know,if he/she introspects.Otherwise,from outside,it's hard to know.One can be a Buddha and play fool with you,see?..nothing personal.
And one more thing..emc..remember whatever bothers you greatly in the posts of others,is the issue you must introspect in yourself.(this applies to the ,,love,, you feel for other's posts also.)
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Kirtan, you wrote basically the same in a private mail to me, and I'll continue to have the dialogue with you there.

(If you read my post again, you will find that I don't either understand the feeling of "cannot contain the love", that was Carson's previous trouble, not mine.)

Hi emc,

That's fine, of course; since you responded here a while after I emailed (in terms of when I saw your post, at least .... ) ..... I wasn't sure if we were talking "there or here or both".

Any/all is fine w/me.

As far as your first post/my phrase "cannot contain" ..... no worries; I was using the words "cannot contain" as a (poorly chosen, in retrospect) synonym for your phrase "overwhelming" (as in: I "thought overwhelming but wrote 'cannot contain'") .... and/though I do recognize that they are not at all synonymous: (now that you've drawn my attention to it ... thanks! <- Very sincerely; I can be a bit imprecise with my choice of words at times .... there are a LOT of 'em in here to choose from ...... <- in the nearly-endless word-repositories of "Kirtanbrain" ... ).

(I'm guessing that) "Cannot contain" implies "from the inside"; overwhelming implies "cannot take it in in the first place" ..... if I'm understanding both you and Carson correctly, that is.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Apr 11 2010 11:04:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc and all,

Here is a story from the Sufi tradition which I like:

There were 3 moths near a fire. One flew close to the flame and felt it's heat. He came back to the others and said "I know what love is". The second flew so close that he touched the flame and burned his wings. He flew back to the others and said "I know what true love is". The third moth flew right into the flame and was consumed. He alone knew what divine love was.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  5:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oki, so some feedback...

I have now discovered the key of how to "give it away". Not when it opens fully, haven't happened yet, but when it's building up, I have time to feel into it sort of, and actually start giving away before it eats me... and the effect IS amazing! I get lighter, and lighter, and lighter... it's truly fabulous. Giving it back to stillness without any "owning" whatsoever.

Thank you all of you trying to describe it to me. Your words stuck with me somewhere and I realized there must be a way to handle it, and I'm in to new sensations right now discovering new ways... on many levels.

Thanks guys!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  9:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Beautiful, emc!

Thanks very much for the update.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  8:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

This is a really great quote emc, thanks for posting it.
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  01:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear sister emc,
quote:
I have now discovered the key of how to "give it away". Not when it opens fully, haven't happened yet, but when it's building up, I have time to feel into it sort of, and actually start giving away before it eats me... and the effect IS amazing! I get lighter, and lighter, and lighter... it's truly fabulous. Giving it back to stillness without any "owning" whatsoever.

Wonderful ... Thanks much for sharing. So happy to hear of the breakthrough .

Much Love to you always,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  12:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i cry & write devotional poetry
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  03:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kirtan and Steve.

Anthem, yep, it's a supernice quote. In my work as a teacher I'm always reminded of it's content!

Surya, that's nice to let it flow out in poetry.

Go to Top of Page

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful thread! Thanks everyone for sharing..
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  4:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hemanthks

Beautiful thread! Thanks everyone for sharing..

I've read it twice and I still don't get it.

Some of the terms that folks are using need to be defined, I think. Some folks are writing as if they truly understand what the other understands about 'Love,' for instance.

I think we probably should have started by asking EMC what he meant by some of his terms, but folks just launched posts without finding out, working from their own definitions of these words, thus the Kierkegaard quote. That's my opinion.

I think this thread is a beautiful example of both our limitations, working from inside our own minds and assuming others are the same, and the limitations of communication with written words. Some folks think they 'know' but how do we validate this for ourselves? Do they 'know' it the way I think I 'know' it?

All my opinion. Comments are welcome. I love to be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  08:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, I was going to point you to Atisha's practice of giving it away, but it appears you have found it yourself.

Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  3:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JDas, thanks for your input! I can totally see what you mean! I think... or...? Just kidding. Thanks a lot for sharing what you saw!

Bless you, Buddhi!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000