Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Yogic Platonism
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  9:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,

I *really* couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

On top of Yogic Christianity, Yogic Judaism, Yogic Physics and so on ..... I now give you Yogic Platonism ...... the literal yoga taught by the Greek Philosopher Plato, which is not taught or recognized as such, due to misunderstanding on the part of the teachers.

So, who figured it out?

A Swiss doctor you may have heard of, by the name of Carl Justav Jung

He articulates it all quite thoroughly in his book .... yes .... Psychology and Alchemy.

Viewed through the symbolic lens of alchemy and hermetic thought, the yogic structure of Plato's teachings is self-evident.

Self
-evident.

Reality is advaitic (non-dual).

And, it seems, a lot of people have always known it. It's just that in the last couple thousand years, the externalization of consciousness has lost touch with it.

That's why we have (long but fascinating) videos like this.

VIDEO: Yogic Platonism

.... and, of course, AYP.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  9:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Kirtanman. As a student of both yoga and psychology this interests me greatly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000