Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Suffering...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank you GOD for suffering...

Without SUFFERING there would be no experience or appreciation of JOY...

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, thanks a lot, god. I'm suffering
What a great dude...
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  7:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by atena

What a great dude...

thanks for the laugh, needed it
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  7:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

What do you mean by suffering? Seems to be an individual thing huh? My friend suffers, I don't, given a particular situation. Am I suffering now? I'm hungry. Is that suffering? Words, huh? Pretty meaningless.
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  9:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ummm...yea.. I think it is fairly obvious that suffering would be a subjective experience...meaning 'an individual thing'...

I think that suffering is a good thing, because just as a filty rich person doesn't experience the same blessings that money can bring a poor person, nor can they appreciate the money they have as much as a poor person, someone who has experienced suffering can appreciate having joy more than if not...In my opinion, I feel that the more suffering one goes through, the more grateful they are of having joy and the more powerful they experience it... So to me, suffering is not necessarily a bad thing.. I never said it was pleasant - I meerly expressed that I was grateful for it.

And I wasn't looking for any attack or argument- I felt the need to share that just in case somebody here on the AYP forums was going through any pain or suffering and was feeling bad, down, depressed, angry, or feeling like a victim... Not everybody partecipating in the forums are 'enlightened' yet...

Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  9:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BelleMente,

Great topic!

We all suffer...

I agree with you...pain and suffering are the best teachers.

Hopefully ... the lessons learned minimize future pain and suffering...
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by atena

What a great dude...

I can/will add you to my samyama, if it helps.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  06:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im a very good surffer too
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this BelleMente

quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

I thank God every day for my "struggles" (I don't identify much with suffering anymore, but I certainly still have my struggles) as IME struggle creates opportunity for opening. Without periods of difficulty there would be minimal growth. IME it is the times of struggle that create opportunity to expand into Silence. When there is nothing to "overcome", no perspective to "see through", I find that there can be periods of stagnation. This is not "bad", but it does cause me to thank Life when periods of struggle arise....then there is something definite to work on. Sometimes I find that without a current struggle to attend to I am unsure of what area to focus on. Thank you Life for struggle.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what GOD?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God=Life.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  1:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I ask because the word GOD does not not mean life for me,Conceptions of God can vary widely
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  1:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Words are but symbols of symbols, and thus twice removed from reality."
~A Course In Miracles

Love.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  7:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i feel pain cause i know what is joy,ifeel joy cause i know what is pain,some joys can look painful.some pains can look great,life is an undulant wave,from pain comes the joy,from joy will come pain,lets be greatful in joy,lets be happy in pain,now that we are on the wave,lets surf it away.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  8:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Life is suffering
You are the cause of your own suffering
There is a way out of suffering
The Way is the Eight Fold Path

The Four Noble Truths (loosely translated)

The Buddha pretty much built his entire spiritual system around the way to end suffering, so yeah, I'd say it's pretty important.

I think suffering's beauty is that it is generally the catalyst that drives us to spiritual seeking. Eventually, we look back on our suffering and see it as a compassionate push towards joy.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello what i meant,is about surrender to god,to accept your karma is the first step to change it,we live constantly on maya and duality the implication surpasses our will and its beyond us,we cant avoid it,but we can be the obsever of it ,as miguel nicely exposed in "on the road"from observing comes knowledge and understanding and from that comes solution.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  08:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
miguel?...whos miguel?

Edited by - miguel on Jan 15 2010 08:33:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

miguel?...whos miguel?

will tell you when i know who's christiane!

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  12:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,sounds wonderful "christiane"!

Edited by - miguel on Jan 15 2010 12:11:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000