Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Am i in right Direction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  04:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

I am practicing yoga for almost 8 months, i have following experiences

1. Strong sensations and see lights at ajna for almost 2 months now
2. heavyness, pressure inside the skull especially when i do fast breathing excersices for complete day when i do these fast breathing excersices
3. i feel lonely and detached from physical world and remain in bliss when i come across
spiritual places like temples. I am loosing interest slowly in physical life some times filled with ecstasy with spiritual thougts
4. light movement of energy here and there in the body
5. i am also practicing for mooladhara and swadishtana, i see sensation and heavyness in the
base of spine

Thanks

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 8:42:10 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  07:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Raja.

What kind of practices do you do?

What you experience are wonderful, but there is a easier way to make progress without feeling pressure in the head or lethargic or detached. In AYP we call it building practices using self pacing.

Yoga is designed to get in touch with your inner silence. This silence then guides you to live life to it's fullest. Being detached and uncomfortable will get you there too, but the journey will seem hard and long and lonely. It's better to have a structured practice in place and then go out and live your life. The structured practice will increase the access you have to your inner silence and this silence will then overflow into your everyday life. With practices we purify our nervous system and this allows the silence, the divine in us to flow out into the world.

If you'd be interested in getting into some kind of structured practice, you can read up the lessons from here.
If you already have a structured practice in place, you can continue with that, though I would suggest looking into the concept of self pacing which will help your practices run smoother and help you enjoy your journey.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  07:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Raja,

What spiritual practices are you doing?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  09:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the replies,Well i am practising

1.shakthi bandha series
2. and steps described in kundalini yoga book of satyanandasaraswathi for each chakra i brought
this book for myself and move step by step only after practicing the first step for a month i
move on to next charkra as said in the book.

3. I read the self pacing principal, Yes I am following it as it is already said in the book
not practice it hard but practice it to enjoy.

4. But when i do bhastrika,Phanting pranayams lot of energy moves to head and feel pressure and
head ache for complete day. now i have completely stoped it.

i do them every day, number of rounds will be based on avilablality of time.Apart from this i dont
do any other practice because, it is always good to follow one book,one approach.

Thanks
Raja
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  3:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Raja,

Sounds like you are doing well. Bastrika is a powerful mover of prana in the body, so I think you are wise to have stopped that for the time being. In AYP (The system tought here by Yogani), self pacing does not only mean practicing for fun rather than practicing hard. It also means cutting back on practice times (and if necessary taking a break altogether), if things are getting uncomfortable due to spiritual practices. Putting bastrika on hold for the time being would be a good example of this.

The build up of energy in the head, resulting in headaches, is a classic symptom of having too much prana active in your system. It sounds like you are doing a lot of energetic practices... are you also practicing meditation and if so, which kind?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  04:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chisti,

Yes i do practice chakra medidation for almost 30 minutes a day.
I have few more questions like.
1. How can I know if the chakra has opened like ajna chakra,mooladhara,swadhistana ...
(i have )is the presence of sensations, heavyness in a particular chakra means it is active
or opened but i never experinced claraudince,vision or hearing of bells it never happened to me
till date.
2. is my kundalini active? if not how much more time do i need?

Thanks
Raja
but i never
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  04:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Raja,

I would say that yes, your kundalini is active. I say this because you are experiencing a build up of prana in the head which does not happen because of spiritual practices if your kundalini is not active. When chakras open, there are various sensations experienced at the chakra. Each one is different and has it's own unique set of experiences associated with it. It is not necessary to experience clairaudience, visions or the hearing of bells for a chakra to be open. The kundalini will gradually open and purify all your chakras over time.

I have never practiced under Swami Satyanandasaraswathi, although I have a great deal of respect for him. Whatever system of yoga you are practicing, the development of inner silence is more important than the energetic openings and expansions that occur. If you get that side of the equation right, all the rest will flow from that. So don't worry too much about kundalini, or about chakras opening. Concentrate on the silence you experience during your meditations. Inner silence leads to peace... joy... bliss.. and the flowering of every chakra you could ever imagine.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 03 2009 8:15:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000