Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 frustrating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  10:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
so sometimes I slip into the moment, it is like I see that I am there, I am aware of all past baggage, but it does not matter, in the moment with what is going on. THen at times when that happens, there is more energy, mind is more free, so then thinking speeds up, after a while no longer at peace in the moment. It is like thinking does its best to try and sabatage the moment, giving reasons why the moment is not good enough. At times lately more at peace, more free, more connected, then hit a snag and same old attachment to suffering, all the while knowing that being in the moment is much better.
just a rant
brother Neil

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  05:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing.

I know it's annoying.. but you know what to do
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  08:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Think about the times when life was one long shaft of thinking, thinking and thinking, with very little or no silence, with no respite from thinking, when we did not know living in the present was possible. Now think about this moment.. and the blessings of having the privilege of being able to experience the now more and more. Realize, the mind can never be happy.. it will always want more.. more peace, more bliss, more living in the now. Once you can see this, it wont matter if you are living in the now or if you are caught up in thoughts. What can make you not want to be in thoughts? More thoughts. So when in thoughts, go with it.. and the thoughts phase pass quicker.. the more you resist.. the more it persists.
This is what I was talking about in the first part of this post
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Over the past couple of months, I have been going through loads of highs and lows. None of them last long, but they were getting thrown my way left, right and center. Although in my heart I knew it was important, I was really getting tired of this. Over the two months I have had many openings and realizations. But after every opening, the longing, uneasiness in my heart just came right back. It was like my bhakti was not going to let me rest in my opening and enjoy the high that came with it. I was getting frustrated, because I know and have experienced how the mind keeps all the suffering in place, and yet when in a low, I was completely pulled in. No self inquiry helped.

Here is how I saw it:

Awareness <-------------> Me (mind/body)
      |                    |
      |                    |
      V                    V
(stillness)             (highs/lows)

Things happen and when I am closer to awareness (stillness) I can let it all go.. I know its not happening to me.. it just is. When I am tired, or going thru purification, and the exact same thing happens, I now believe this is all happening to "Me". The beauty is while in awareness and when stuff happens, I can let the attachment to things go.. this becomes a habit, so when in the middle of "identifying with me".. the natural habit of identifying with me now drops faster. Hence the suffering of 3 years can be 3 min now. However, when identified with the "Me", self inquiry did not seem to help at all.

Go to Top of Page

sudo command

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit sudo command's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother neil, I think you're thinking too much which takes you out of the now. The best thing to do is just accept whats happening in the mind and do not resist and try to change anything. trying to control is an expression of the ego. Go beyond it. Just let your mind be as it is. The sensations and thoughts running through your mind are imaginations anyways : ). What also really helps is to stop focusing on your mind. We've been conditioned to concentrate on the sensation of our mind and head. We feel like we'll lose our whole life if we let the brain go. This is just our imagination and on the contrary the opposite is true. So remember the key word Acceptance.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  8:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your kind replies :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000