Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini + LSD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iovnow

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  03:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit iovnow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I seemed to have geared my self up for a pretty amazing experience just a few weeks ago. I had been meditating consistently and always keeping my mind open to experiencing the oneness. I'm naturally attracted to psychedelics for the expansion of consciousness. So one day, seemingly out of the blue yet so perfectly timed out I ran into a bit of acid, (which I hadn't done for years during very confused state of mind.) Anyway, as it gradually set it's course I maintained a meditative state as I effortlessly drifted into a kind of all-seeing perspective. In my field of vision it appeared and felt as if my soul had been elevated and pulled back a bit to see this as an all encompassing holographic screen for which all of existence is projected on surrounding my exact center. If I didn't keep my back straight and try to elevate my head, I would lose lucidity and my head and back would fill with intense tension. Upon the back drop of my vision, kind of in the front, in between, and behind everything I could see the silhouette of a man meditating with palms up on the knees pointed at the location of my crown. It felt necessary to fill in the silhouette by matching it and within a moment my breathing fell into a harmonic rhythm, and as I continued to meditate I could feel crazy bolts of energy surge through my body, and the more I would center myself the energy quickly filled my spine and slowly crawled up through it towards the back of my neck, where it seemed to hit something solid, and I began hearing and feeling this grinding as though my energy was trying to dig through it. Meanwhile I am having this hallucination of a this black monk before me and all three of it's eyes are glowing and glaring at me, with anticipation. As I gradually made my way through the excruciating resistance, it was like my inner eyes were opening by also trying to hold shut for fear of a blinding light. By now I have no sense of time or my body, I in the calm again and weightless, it seemed as though I was trying to fix my eyes directly on the crown chakra, it appeared as a light at the very top of my mind that I was trying to hold all my attention on, like staring at the sun. It appeared like I was trying to see a star in the sky through my head, through the ceiling, through time and space and make "grand focus" on it. Oh and while all this is happening my girlfriend is experiencing the same thing, after I would start meditating the energy within her became too hard to contain and she would have to meditate, and it would prompt the same thing to happen for her. So we ended up stopping for the night to go to sleep and try another day. So for it was the most amazing experience of my life that I can remember from this life anyway.
Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh I love it, I love all of you! I'm so grateful for this divine moment, it is pure bliss. Thanks to all of you.

Jef

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 9:41:30 PM

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  07:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello iovnow and welcome to AYP. I don't know how long you've been meditating, but if you stick with it I think in time you will have many experiences that equal and surpass anything psychedelics can do for you. One of the problems with psychedelics is that they almost always provide you with intense altered states of consciousness and as a result cause some people to rely on them too much rather then focusing the much deeper experiences gained from meditation. This is a common topic here, so you will probably get a different perspective from others.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iovnow and wellcome to ayp,

Your experience sounds wonderful...and psiquedelics can lead some people to spiritual path at a first stage,like me.
I had an enlightenment experience during one trip using msrooms 2 years ago.It was very intense.
I have had meditating for a months before,not all the days but very often in a meditation centre i used to go all the weeks.I had done some guided meditation with more people and discovered that there is a huge reality behind.
And then i felt atraction for psiquedelics.I had taken ayahuasca some months ago,and it was very amazing experience.Very powerful.But thats another topic,i think.
I got some mushrooms and decided to taste them one night alone in my room.Lights off.First i took a little dose and spent two or three hours with eyes close seeing all that kind of amazing colours and forms....
But one hour before sunrise,i decided to take another dose.A huge dose.I did it.I know its dangerous but thats what i did.
When i was going in to the trip,the sun was raising and decided to go to the street for a walk.And when i went out,whit the sunrise,all changed.I was in another world.
I was walking across the street.And there was lot of trees and birds singing around,like all the days...but the way i experienced it was completly different.It was like an explsion of joy from the mother nature.It was really wild!
Remember it was monday or tuesday,and i saw the people going to work,like all the mornings...and saw their faces and i didnt understand absolutely nothing.Their sad faces...why? cant you see all this wonderfull explolsion around??? were my toghts,
Remember i didnt undestand absolutely nothing the human were doing at that moments,i toght "why they do all that stupid things???"
I went to a big park in the city,and there was a big lake,and i sat in front of it.And then began the real experience of union with the universe.
I relaxed my self,looking to the lake,sat in the green...and i began to observe my toughts.And after i while i realized it was possible to letthem go and enter in the now....And thats what i did,i entered in the now.
And wow,all inmediatly changed.
I began to see the nature around like an eternal explosion of huge power,it was alive,and there was all the ages of this world back of me.
And i start walking,and the trees were really alive,they were alive,i fel their energies and presence,smells....wow!
And i realized i was mad,yes,i was a fool with lot of different personalities inside my mind.I had lot of voices.One voice saying "Miguel,you should do this,and thaty,and this,and that" and other part of me "i want to do that other thing,and the other and the other",and other side of me "you have two voices,you dont know what you want"....and i start laughing and laughing...that was me,and meaningless divided being.Lost.
And then i had a flash of light in the mind....

"If you can unite all that voices in to one,you could been in the now forever and be a powerfull being"

And it was true.I was trowing away my energies with all that divided aspects of me.

I spent some time surprised with all this insights.

Then i watched a tree and there was a cat trying to catch a bird...and i was completly inside that action.I was living it completly .I was involved in the action.The slow movemens of the cat,his excitenment,the fact that it was happening because universe wanted...it was an action in the universe!it was happening in the universe!and now!i was lucky!i was alive witnessing it!wow!
After that i slowly returned to the normal life...
When i saw humans during that experience i didnt understand absoultly theri behaviour.

Why? whre you think are you going? what is the movie you are living in? why you think its so important??? its a stupid game!!!wake up! look around!!! its a miracle!!!its happening!! now!!

wow!

And slowly the trip decreased and i returned slowly to normal state of consciousness.

Lot of people talk me the days after they feel depresed,because they were really happy during the experience and they had to retorn to normal state.

But this happened because they use this substances for having a good time and laughs with friends,and they dont give their self the chance for absorv the experience completly and in a contemplative attitude.
The power of this siubstances is amazing.And its not a game.

You have to respect all the stages of the trip.The begining,the middle ,,and specialy the ending.The ending have various phases,and you experience diverses ups and downs.Its a very amazin stage,Its like a wave.Up and down,up and down...and you have to take care of it...respect the ending of the trip,dont have an consumist attitude of "its ending,man,why dont we do another activity,im boring now".Huge mistake.You have to respect it,you are returning form a very delicate state and all your energies and parts of your self are involved.Its very delicate.

With this attitude,the days before i have always experienced lot of hapiness and joy.And more energy.And a feeling that i have learnt new important things.

Respect the spirit of enteogens.They are alive.They have an spirit and a voice.

The inner voice of the universe.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 21 2009 3:25:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have only taken this plants theree times,and actually my interest is in ayp.I think its more safe and progressive advance.
Enteogens is like opening a huge window.Then you can see the reality behind the courtains.
They were an important element and a reason for taking yoga and meditation seriously.
But take care with enteogens.Once in a life time can be very interesting,but people use them like a path and i think its not the best option.
I always took them cz i feel an inner voice telling me it.It was the moment.Its very important to respect your inner voice.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 21 2009 12:36:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

iovnow

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit iovnow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reply.

When I first started tampering with mind altering substances, I was always excited to understand the universe from this new altered perspective. From early on I believed these etheogens to be a gift of the gods to see through the eyes of god. I could tell that filters of my regular conscious mind were dropping all around me. And anything like that should be shown great respect. While most people around me were using to get away from "it," I was using to really get up close and personal with "it." I found that if I have some discipline in meditation and maintained a positive, open mind. I also really really have to trust my timing, because when I do a situation occurs where I find some kind of hallucinogen, without trying usually and then later that night I develop a sort of "group mind" with my very close friends and were all just on top of the world. It's a couple times a year and my loved ones get to do some extreme integration to our over-mind or whatever you call it. It always has to be perfect timing though, with the right people and the right states of mind. I'm not relying on the drug to show me what the universe is all about, as of now, I realize if I want perspective on things all I have to do is fall back into the Now and all it takes is some simple meditation. I believe these psychedelics are tools if used properly and meditation is an inherent tool for the experience itself so to stay centered and not get carried off with your emotions or worries. Its like throwing all this extra weight and momentum behind all my thoughts and emotions and holding myself in the now during these times strengthen my will that much more. Then for weeks and months after comedown the effects are still strong and I can slip into bliss when I meditate. Sometimes I can begin triggering the hallucinogenic frame of mind just by focusing on it.

How bout you guys? Hehe Im kind of rambling this all together to get it out there, see what you think.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  4:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It always has to be perfect timing though, with the right people and the right states of mind

Thats the key.

Nice to meet you friend.

PS-The objetive here in ayp is meditate twice daily and over the middle long term seeing how your external life changes from the inside.I think its the best and safety way for getting in to the now.And without that horrible bad trips (luckily i havent had one,but it must be an horrible experience)!

Edited by - miguel on Jun 21 2009 4:17:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  9:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by iovnow

So for it was the most amazing experience of my life that I can remember from this life anyway.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh I love it, I love all of you! I'm so grateful for this divine moment, it is pure bliss. Thanks to all of you.

Jef

Hi Jef,

Welcome to the AYP Forum!

I offered a general overview on my views (based on experiences) concerning entheogens and yoga practices in this thread - and I just wanted to post the link, so that you can check it out.

There are several good threads on practices and entheogens here in the forum; just use the Search feature at the top of the page, to find more of them.

You'll find that we're a very open-minded group here, and that there's a good spectrum of opinion and experience regarding entheogens, and how their use may relate to opening into full realization.

Yogani covered the dynamics nicely, in this recent lesson
Hallucinogenics and Yoga.

Entheogens can provide a "sneak preview" of certain types of unitive experiences, but a big part of the risk is: these experiences are at the level of limited mind; even if one experiences cosmic creation, display and dissolution -- there's still a *separate* "me" having the experience, and a sense of something to "gain" or "get to".

This can figuratively keep one's back turned to the true nature of clear awareness -- which *is* full, unitive reality, which all experiences happen within.

I'm not saying that entheogens are like this for all -- just that they can be.

It's (entheogenic tripping) a dynamic of objective/egoic mind experiencing moments of perceiving, and the *what* is perceived, and quite possibly the "perceiver" (aka "me") as greatly enhanced or expanded.

Because of that sense of "greatly expanded" -- the true self, the unlimited awareness containing perceiver ("me"), perceiving and perceived as a single field of display, can still be "as missed" or "more missed" than in regular day-to-day egoic consciousness; simply put: fireworks can be distracting.

And please know: none of this is a value judgment; I'm just sharing some experience based conclusions; for all I know, your next trip - or your last one - may be the key to your enlightenment; it all happens how it happens -- the guru is in you.

What I've found is:

*The human bio-spiritual system is inherently designed for enlightenment; entheogens may be useful for some, at some times - but are far from necessary.

*Once one opens past limited mind, *all* "substances" seem almost amusing - they're just not needed; the experiences and states which can be induced essentially at will, or with near-negligible intention make all experiences ... literally *all* - seem like slight shifts of the surface ripples of the pond.

*Entheogens wear off; your true nature doesn't; that's why Ram Dass (aka Richard Alpert) left psychedelics behind; they can be a temporary preview of that which is infinite, permanent and real - your true nature; there's a reason they call it realization.

*Enlightenment is not an experience; enlightenment is what you actually *are*.

To paraphrase the sage Adi Shankara, and his amazing profound poem (now song) Shivo'ham (I Am Shiva) also known as the Shiva Atmastakam:

"I am neither the trip, the tripping, nor the tripper; I am neither mind, intellect, ego, nor memory - I am consciousness, and bliss; self-luminous and untainted - I am Shiva; I am Shiva."

Notice that you're looking for enlightenment with the eyes of enlightenment - and you'll be AUM soon, now - regardless of entheogenic use, or entheogenic non-use.

Entheogen just means "God Within" -- and you don't need to ingest anything to realize that This Is Always Already The Case.

And - it's so very beautiful that you love all of it ---- because, as you're beginning to notice ....

All Of It Loves You, Too.

Realizing This Is Worth Everything.

Carry On - and have some fun in the process! And hey, if you're enjoying this moment of divine bliss, still --- well, hey --

Welcome Home!!

Heart Is Where The AUM Is!

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 21 2009 9:59:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  08:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too have had eye opening expierences with psychedelics. I first awakend my kundalini while on a hefty dose of mushrooms one night. The times after that expierence howeve were a bit overwhelming.

To those who have or still use ethnogens, have you since activating your kundalini? I got the impression last few times that i was releaseing too much energy, and i could be swept away at any moment. I havent touched them since, i would like too, but again my last few expierences were so intense. Is it dangerous to take them while in the midst of a kundalni cleansing?
Go to Top of Page

Quisabo

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quisabo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maynard

I too have had eye opening expierences with psychedelics. I first awakend my kundalini while on a hefty dose of mushrooms one night. The times after that expierence howeve were a bit overwhelming.

To those who have or still use ethnogens, have you since activating your kundalini? I got the impression last few times that i was releaseing too much energy, and i could be swept away at any moment. I havent touched them since, i would like too, but again my last few expierences were so intense. Is it dangerous to take them while in the midst of a kundalni cleansing?

Thats what Im wondering also. After a strong psychedelic experience that put me in the right direction i have not had a full blown trip. I didnt even realize something was happening. Maybe it didnt even have anything to do with that at all. I remember though smoking marijuana once wich made me cry tears of joy and forgiveness, which hasnt happened before. My drive to seek out chemical-based spiritual experiences is greatly diminshed now though. I wouldnt keep anyone from trying out psychedelics under proper set & settings and safe circumstances if they arent just in it for kicks. Well, there's nothing wrong with that either though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000