Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP and pregnancy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  1:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you think it is safe to recommend the AYP system to a friend who is pregnant

Some authors say asanas and some kriyas are not safe. What do you think?

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  3:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili,
I believe that AYP would be safe as long as self pacing was used consciously. Just think of the benefit to the baby. Good vibrations surrounding the child during the fetal developmental stage. We should all have been so lucky.
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Paul.

The thing is that I read in a book abt a pregnant woman who did some cleaning exercises and had a problem. Plus the techniques release obstructions in the nervous system. How about that? I am thinking of recommending it after the end of her pregnancy.

Edited by - Lili on Oct 16 2005 09:35:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  10:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili:

If a pregnant woman is already practicing, I'd suggest continuing with only light meditation and very light spinal breathing, with little or no mudras, bandhas or kumbhaka. Very gentle... If she is not practicing already and not really hankering to, then waiting until after the pregnancy is a reasonable course... It is really a function of the person's desire.

There are also hatha yoga classes available specifically for pregnant women. Presumably these are very gentle also, which would be fine.

Obviously, practices should be discontinued at the first sign of any excessive energy flow. How that goes is a function of the individual nervous system. "Self-pacing" emphasized yet again.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  4:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your opinion!

I am not an expert or anything but because in this condition she complained abt discomfort of various types I guess self-pacing will be more difficult too - to figure out what is causing which symptom.

Anyway an interesting question.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000