Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini energy is stored in the perineum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Kundalini energy is stored in the perineum not the tailbone.

Michael Beloved

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2008 :  3:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Beloved's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That depends on how the word kundalini is defined. The basic life force kundalini is in the tailbone. But if you mean the sexual aspect of kundalini, it is surcharged from the perineum area by gross and subtle sexual energy.
Even though initially, raising of kundalini is done by the help of the sexual aspect of it, ultimately it is the aspect at the base chakra muladhara which must be curbed, because even though that is not as sensational, it is the root element (bija) or mula. In fact the sexual aspect will always enslave us if we do not get the root aspect under full control.
After a yogi achieves what is called urdhva reta, he gets the authority to approach and fully subdue muladhara. So long as muladhara is not understood and so long as we remain hog-tied to the sexual aspect and see it as everything, we will always be forced under the subjugation of kundalini.
Enjoying kundalini by manipulating the sexual aspect of it, is not the same as full control of it to be a siddha.
Books like Hatha Yoga Pradipika establish Muladhara as root chakras, so if one feels that kundalini is rooted in perineum, it means that one is identifying kundalini as sexual potency. That is okay. But the definition from Yogic Tradition only places sexual potency as an aspect of kundalini which is curbed by brahmacharya practices in yoga kriyas.
So I think that for a balanced discussion kundalini has to be defined. We don't have to accept anybody's definition but at least we have to explain what we mean by kundalini and then the discusssion can be clear to each party.

Edited by - Michael Beloved on Dec 14 2008 3:57:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  10:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beloved

That depends on how the word kundalini is defined. The basic life force kundalini is in the tailbone. But if you mean the sexual aspect of kundalini, it is surcharged from the perineum area by gross and subtle sexual energy.
Even though initially, raising of kundalini is done by the help of the sexual aspect of it, ultimately it is the aspect at the base chakra muladhara which must be curbed, because even though that is not as sensational, it is the root element (bija) or mula. In fact the sexual aspect will always enslave us if we do not get the root aspect under full control.
After a yogi achieves what is called urdhva reta, he gets the authority to approach and fully subdue muladhara. So long as muladhara is not understood and so long as we remain hog-tied to the sexual aspect and see it as everything, we will always be forced under the subjugation of kundalini.
Enjoying kundalini by manipulating the sexual aspect of it, is not the same as full control of it to be a siddha.
Books like Hatha Yoga Pradipika establish Muladhara as root chakras, so if one feels that kundalini is rooted in perineum, it means that one is identifying kundalini as sexual potency. That is okay. But the definition from Yogic Tradition only places sexual potency as an aspect of kundalini which is curbed by brahmacharya practices in yoga kriyas.
So I think that for a balanced discussion kundalini has to be defined. We don't have to accept anybody's definition but at least we have to explain what we mean by kundalini and then the discusssion can be clear to each party.

Kundalini is nothing other than the collection of prana at various intersections of consciousness following karma. Kundalini is the life force. It makes no sense to say that it is stored here or there. It is stored all over the body. It is particularly concentrated in the low end of the spine and the privates. So much activity of samsara circulates from lust, hunger and fear. The activity of yoga is designed to allow your mind to release its strangle-hold on these functions and allow the life force to permeate evenly throughout the body. Then we can be happy. For higher-purpose we can cause the life-force to collect in the areas of heart and mind if we want a spiritual practice for the benefit of others.

Don't worry be happy,

TMS
Go to Top of Page

Jana

13 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2008 :  6:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The ancients seem to be obsessed with thinking that kundalini originates at the base of the spine. The awakening is one of the entire body down to subatomic...thru a change in the energy generation system which may indeed tap zeropoint energy.

Because the male religions like to put things in hierarchies with a start and a finish, they stack levels in a nice progression of consciousness up the spine. In the quantum age, this linear model can be seen only as an abstraction for the teaching of beginner students that like to think there is a specific ladder of ascent which they only have to go from point A to point Z and they will be enlightened.

The kundalini gland...does pulsate which may have lead the ancients to suspect an origin point at the bottom of the spine. But remember activity anywhere in the body has its correlation in the brain and the energetics of the entire body and EMF go into symptoms in any one area.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...ndaliniGland

The coccygeal body is an irregular, oval-shaped gland between the rectal wall and the tip of the tailbone or coccyx. This is known in Tantra as the Kundalini gland. During active kundalini one can often feel a pulsation in the sacrum, I suspect that this rhythmic movement might be the kundalini gland becoming active.

The coccygeal gland is fed by sympathetic (adrenergic) from the first two ganglion and by parasympathetic (cholinergic) nerves; and by the median sacral artery and vein, directly influencing the nervous system via chemical messages arising from the blood. It is several millimeters in diameter and is composted of epithelioid cells and smooth muscle cells. A study suggests its possible blood forming function and an immune-modulatory activity by the regulation of the sympathetic nervous system through noradrenegenic control. Removal of this gland creates nervous derangement.
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  4:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jana
I enjoyed reading your scientific correlations to the transformational process. Especially the seasonal and lunar correlations.

How about kechari mudra, which has some profound effects? What are the correlations there?

Secondly, are you saying that the hormonal and physical/neurologic processes, are the cause, or an effect of kundalini being active in the individual?

thanks

Edited by - Neptune on Dec 29 2008 6:43:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jana

13 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  6:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
physiologic processes are spiritual
Matter is spirit in action
We cannot have an spiritual experience without a body
There is no human consciousness without a brain and body
Brain and body are necessary for spiritual perception
Sometimes spiritual perception and the biological processes related to that increase in certain individuals.
Such awakening to higher and deeper states of perception is refered to as a kundalini awakening or spiritual awakening.
Spirit and mechanism of spirit cannot be divided except in the abstract human mind.
Everything is divine on realizing it so.
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  7:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So Jana,
What's your take on advanced kechari mudra and what is happening at the soft palate, on a neurohormonal level?
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jana

13 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I rarely use Eastern terms or practices in my work...and I find I tend to do things opposite to what the Eastern males have arrived at.

In my Inner Arts work we drop the tongue into the belly, this loosens the jaw and turns on the parasympathetic nervous system. We don't get enough deep stopping and unwinding in this culture. Dropping the tongue is a prerequisite for the generation of bliss and deep peace states.

Lifting the tongue up...I am not interested in the methods of chasing kundalini activity. I am not the one to ask about that kind of thing.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  12:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the perineum is a set of very sensitive nerves that exites us sexually, which leads to the direct stimulation of kundalini.

whereas concerning the place of where kundalini is, some say it's at the perineum and others say that it's at the swadhisthana (the tail bone) and say that because of what happens during automatic mulabandha...

it's all just plain sexual energy and it doesn't matter in the end where it is located.

the main thing is to work on all the chakras, we can't a full purification of the nervous system unless we work on all the chakras.

so let's just practice and not give too much concern for what is going on under the hood.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  4:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had a recurring lesion on the skin over my tailbone, like a blister. Sometimes it is near the very tip but today it is higher up. I have been enjoying a renewed vigor in my practice lately and suspect that it might be related. Also I fell on my tailbone last year and might have chipped it or cracked it because it hurts to sit on hard chairs. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Jill
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello jillatay, hope you'll be better.

in case you didn't, you should go see an expertised doctor about the fracture you just mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

Also I fell on my tailbone last year and might have chipped it or cracked it because it hurts to sit on hard chairs. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Jill

Hi Jill,
Few of my friends had tailbone fractures during childbirth. I remember they used something called a Donut cushion to sit on to alleviate the pain. Maybe this could help you?
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  9:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, I found a neck pillow that is even better than the plastic donut. Feels much better.

Love,
Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000