Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Boiling During Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rawiri

New Zealand
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  09:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rawiri's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just had a meditation experience that was new to me, and was wondering if anyone else had experienced it, or has any ideas concerning it. They would be appreciated.

Just to give the jist it was about 10 minutes into meditation that it occurred (I'm guessing by my 'internal clock' which generally is accurate). Essentially it involved a sudden and intense heating up of all my lower body, from pelvis area downward. It felt as though the whole area was "boiling up" very quickly. Like with most of these things, when I became distracted by it, it subsided. When I went back to my meditation it increased even more. The rest of my body remained comparatively cool during this experience (as in more 'normal' temperature, not extremely hot or cold etc). I stopped relatively earlier than I normally would due to the intenseness of the heat and just lay down for a few minutes. The area I was sitting on also was felt to be very warm afterwards.

I do not believe it was due to any accumulation of blood there for a couple reasons. 1) It was a relatively short time into meditation and my legs were not asleep. 2) When I was distracted from my meditation the temperature decreased and vice versa. I would expect it to increase if I focused on it if the above were the case.

Again, any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  10:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rawiri,

Welcome to the forum. Lucky you living in New Zealand....I was there on my honeymoon this summer and I would have given anything to have stayed there for good....Anyways, to your question/experience.
This is a fairly common symptom of the beginning of a kundalini awakening. What type of meditation are you practicing and how often? I would personally suggest that if you aren't practicing AYP, that you at least give the lessons here a read through....http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html. Give us some specifics on your practices and I bet you will get a plethora of advice from many forumites.
Best of luck you lucky kiwi!
Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 05 2008 10:52:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rawiri

New Zealand
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  06:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rawiri's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind comments on my country CarsonZi (though I actually haven't lived there for the last 8 or so years of my life, though have been back plenty...and will be living there again come March )

Yes, I should probably elaborate. As of right now I am merely experimenting with the directions given by Yogani - Performing 5 minutes of spinal breathing pranayama (with ujjiya when back down) and 20 minutes of I AM meditation. Twice daily. I have been doing this for a couple of months. I should also note that before this I have done a fair bit yoga (and other) wise. Hours of asana practice, pranayama (bhastrika, anuma viloma, kapalbhati, sitkari etc) and hours of meditation at certain times. This was a few years ago though...changing circumstances of life have cause me to cut back a bit on this area and I have found the ayp method delightful efficient considering the amount of time devoted and the results and inner peace gained from it. :)

Thanks for the reply.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  12:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well Rawiri, it sounds like you are right where you should be then. If the heat continues and is distracting, then back off of some practices...either self pace out the SBP for a while, or lower the DM time to 10 or 15 minutes and see if that helps. If it does, eventually add back in the SBP or the extra med time. This would be my suggestions. Hope it helps.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000