Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama translation in Indian languages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atmanand

India
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit atmanand's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste

I am wishing to add samyama to my practices.But I am finding it difficult to translate the sutras to my first language.
If any of you have done it in hindi, could you please share it?

Thanks a lot

-Mani

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello atmanand,

just use an encyclopedia my friend, and concerning akasha well just keep it as it is there's no need to get fixated on this it's really not such a big deal.

if you feel relaxed with the words in english and can relate to them automaticaly, then go for that on will.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  4:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Atmananda,
Welcome to the forum.

You could look up the words in an English Hindi dictionary:
http://www.shabdkosh.com/

If this does not help, let us know. There is a link in the AYP links section to Yoga Sutras -- International Translations.. that has translations in other Indian languages.. Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, but no Hindi there. I will try and look for a site that has the sutras in Hindi. Till then I hope the dictionary helps.

Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 24 2008 4:14:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

atmanand

India
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  04:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit atmanand's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda, Shanti

Thank you very much for your response.
I think it would be better for beginners if all the sutras are explained (their context in AYP samyama) somewhere in the AYP forum.

I managed to translate all the Sutras but ¨inner sensuality¨.
Is it inner love of Shiva and Shakthi that Yogani talks about in his lessons or is it just as simple as inner happiness ?

-Mani
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  07:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi atmanand,
You can read up on Inner Sensuality in the the Yoga FAQs.
It has links to some lessons and forum topics where inner sensuality has been discussed too.
Hope this helps.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 30 2008 07:48:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

atmanand

India
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  11:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit atmanand's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanthi

That link clarified a lot.
Thank you very much

-Mani

Edited by - atmanand on Oct 31 2008 11:57:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  1:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Mani.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000