Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Energy conservations techniques?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sara

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  11:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey im new to the site and really REALLY new to yoga and im quite interested in Tantra and i just wanted to know if anybody new some good energy conservations techniques?

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  12:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sara,

Welcome aboard the AYP site. I think that if you stay with us for a short time that you will be hooked, as Yogani has layed out an extremely comprehensive program for spiritual growth.

The Tantric path involves cultivating and preserving sexual energies to facilitate spiritual growth. The gist is to excite your sexual energies and prolong them without orgasmic relief. Now this is tricky at first but in the long run it is very pleasurable. Sexual energies as you may know are very powerful (they create or procreate life) and are the same energies that faciliate enlightenment. I suggest that you read the Tantric links in Yoganis lessons. Here is an introduction http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

Now I am a male and I understand the masculine aspect of losing energy through orgasm. We are encouraged to have orgasm no more than once a week. I am not really familiar with the female aspect. I assume it is similar. Perhaps some of the ladies can chime in with their experience. I know that orgasm depletes a good portion of my inner energies for a day or so.

One nice way to bring up sexual energies with little effort is to practice AYP. The sitting style that is recommended is called siddhasana. This is sitting with one heel of the foot pressed against the perinium which is the soft spot located between the genitals and the anus. This slight pressure from the heel helps generate preorgasmic sexual energies to enhance the meditation experience.

As for prolonging orgasm during sexual activity to conserve energy, you may just need to back off momentarily prior to orgasm to allow things to settle down. An understanding partner is critical in this. Again, I cannot speak for women and what their experiences are but as a male, stopping short of orgasm is profound. We can have multiple inner orgasms without emmision and remain energized afterward instead of falling asleep depleted. These inner energies help to purify the nervous system and condition it for spiritual growth.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you give AYP a shot. It has changed my life immensely.

With Peace and Respect,
Paul

Edited by - lucidinterval1 on Sep 03 2005 12:10:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  07:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sara

Hey im new to the site and really REALLY new to yoga and im quite interested in Tantra and i just wanted to know if anybody new some good energy conservations techniques?

HI Sara and welcome to AYP If you look at the main lessons and the tantra lessons everything you want to know is there.

Follow the lessons step by careful step and you cant go wrong. I think you will find that energy conservation techniques are not quite so radical for women as the energy loss on orgasm is much less than it is for men. Good luck and blessings.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  5:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone

I have heard that sexual stimulation without orgasm can irritate the Prostate Gland causing it to swell and restrict the passing of urine
(stricture) and that this irritation and swelling can also lead to Prostate Cancer. This is probably an urban myth but but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has some medical knowledge to clear this up once and for all.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  07:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[size=1][quote]Originally posted by Melissa

Hello Richard -

The medical literature does cite studies where increased ejaculatory frequency tends to be associated with a lower incidence of prostate cancer, but there are really no studies that I am aware of which suggest that decreased ejaculatory frequency as being associated with increased cases of prostate cancer.
Melissa

Thanks for your reply. I only brought this up as a few people have remarked on it to me.as it happens it wouldn't make any difference to me anyway the advantages far exceed any risk.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000