Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 amorili
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  07:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read the diet book by yogani but I dont recall if he addressed this. How long after amorili should I wait to consume water? If I want to be hydrated for morning practice, is amorili enough hydration? I would think consuming water too soon after amorili would dilute the effects? Personally I have lost 3 lbs this last week since starting it, and eliminations averages one more time a day, since it purifies I assume this is normal scenery.
thanks
i am love, i am peace, i am joy
i am neil

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  08:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Considering that there's an option to dilute the urine with water, I don't think it's a problem to drink as much water as you want. The effects will still be there. Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  09:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,
You may have already read through this topic :
amaroli -- dosage and concentration. It has a lot of valuable info.
In this post David says,
quote:
Do drink on an empty stomach though, with nothing else but possibly water, and give it twenty minutes before you eat or drink anything else.

These two sites may be useful too:
Auto-Urine Therapy (Shivambu Kalpa): The Indian version as detailed in the DAMAR TANTRA
Amaroli Explained

Also the purification aspect of it was discussed in this topic
Help - Amaroli
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  4:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your replies, I have read some of davids thread and will check in on the others when I get a chance.
thanks
i am love, i am light, i am peace, i am joy
i am brother neil
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  5:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

thank you for your replies, I have read some of davids thread and will check in on the others when I get a chance.
thanks
i am love, i am light, i am peace, i am joy
i am brother neil

Hi Neil, you are said to be love, light,peace,and joyful brother,
Doing amaroli yet or just thinking about it? I would personally recommend either drinking a half cup of your own urine an hour prior to a meal or 2 hours after, so that you are doing this on an empty stomach.
Incidentally, I found that drinking one's own urine makes a person re-think their diet too, which is a practical side-benefit of doing this (somewhat distasteful if not totally disgusting) practice, and nudge one in the right dietary direction. But, I am willing to try anything...you have to be if you do this one! Don't tell your wife.
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 16 2008 5:57:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  8:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do what yogani recommends in that i drink it upon arrising before morning practices. as far as diet, i am vegetarian and vegan about half the days of the week, vegetarian the whole week. I try to eat only unprocessed food but that is sometimes hard. No wife to tell about it, but that is something I hope happens soon, anyone want to say samyama for that? it is kind of weird how fast I got used to the taste. I tried this a few months ago a couple times and when I picked it up this time it has been smooth sailing, pretty easy to drink. Cheers
i am love, i am light, i am joy, i am peace
i am neil
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  08:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

I do what yogani recommends in that i drink it upon arrising before morning practices.
i am love, i am light, i am joy, i am peace
i am neil

Hello Oh neil, who is love,light,joy,peaceful, and full of pee,
And how much urine do you drink Oh uriniferous loving one?
Why not work up to half a cup of this yellow excretion between meals three times a day? And what are the beneficial effects you have experienced? If none they be, why do you persist in this smelly business? Good luck on your chosen though smelly path,
x.j.

Edited by - x.j. on Oct 17 2008 09:52:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right now I drink 4-6 ounces, what have I experienced, dont know that I would notice other then more consistent pooping and lossing about three pounds. May seem like "how would you notice loosing three pounds?" because I have been at 154 +/- a pound for a couple months and now I ahve been 151 for the entire week. I dont really car much about weight, more of a curiosity and the scale is in the bathroom at work. I do this exercise because it is suggested as a cleansing practice and yogani seems to know quite a bit of what he is suggesting, so I am doing it on faith of his collection of knowledge. Since it is supposedly purifying and also easy to do, I figure I might as well. So that is enough for me to persist for now.
I am love, I am light, i am joy, i am peace, and i am a pee recycler, saving the planet one glass of pee at a time.
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  10:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tube...

Are you feeling any benefits?

Are there any scientific studies done on the benefits for amaroli that anyone can refer me to?

Thanks for any information you or anyone can share on this controversial topic.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  06:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I have been doing it for some months now, I drink a bit (about half to a glass) in the morning and I also rub it on my skin sometimes during the morning bath, especially the hair. I do something else. I had problems in my teeth in the left side of my face (I had to remove 2 recently) and a constriction feeling on my left eye (I had a retinal detachment many years ago there) and the whole of the left side of the face. It seems my nerve in the left side of my neck/face is a bit constricted, literally. So what I do, before drinking, I keep a bit of the liquid in my mouth for a while, like a mouth elixir you know. It has a very soothing effect, I can feel it. Like a relaxing of the nerves.

I cannot say for sure if drinking the liquid is making me good but it is not doing me any harm either. I've been using amaroli at the same time I started deep meditation and what I can definitely say is that I benefited immensely from both this practices, so I cannot say especifically how each one works.

One thing I read in an indian writing about amaroli: if you want to know what it does just put a bit in your mouth and don't swallow it and see how it feels/tastes. Also, or alternatively, rub a bit of it on your hands and notice its effets in the skin. See the difference in the feeling before and after you do this. In me, I definitely feel a difference. If you want report back here to compare notes

Well, I don't say that everybody should do Amaroli. Just do what feels right to you or you feel confortable with. To be honest I never thought I would do this and used to think in disgust of people who did it! How things change...

I think the whole approach in AYP is very good and wise: just do whatever makes sense to you/you feel you should do or could benefit from. Do your research, try for yourself, and decide.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  10:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your comments YogaisLife!

Sounds like you are feeling some benefits and that is good.

As an engineer the concept of taking in something the body has already expelled is counter-intuitive to what should be best for the body.

All of the AYP practices that I do so far (ASANAS SB YMK DM) I would have no problem discussing and recommending to anyone including my wife and kids. Amaroli is a practice that until I understand and can communicate the benefits to others I would not feel comfortable recommending and discussing....but that is just me.

I was hoping since amaroli had been around for such a long time there were some scientific studies done somewhere that documented its benefits. From what I have read it does no harm in small quantities.

I think the mere fact that you believe something is going to work wonders increases its efficacy 1000-fold ... maybe faith is the key concept behind amaroli...which as we all know ... can move mountains.

Edited by - machart on Nov 02 2008 11:30:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  12:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machart,

Indeed, it could be the placebo (faith) effect, there is no doubt. I chose to believe accounts and documents that account for the benefits of urine therapy. To be honest I don't take it that seriously, I don't put a lot of faith in it in the sense that it is THE THING that will cure all your illnesses and give you enlightment, etc. Nevertheless I was in a bad place and decided to try. So, it started with an intuition that told me to believe the accounts I read and then the trying and finding out for myself. Like I said here there is a simple exercise anybody can try: just rub a little bit of it in your hands and see how it feels. That does not harm anyone. And I would be interested to know what other people may feel when they do that.

If you are interested there are some informative (I think) pages on the internet about it. They also refer to some scientific studies done on it. Here are some links:

http://www.all-natural.com/urine.html

http://www.hps-online.com/hurine4.htm

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/shivambu.pdf

But like I said I agree it probably isn't for everybody, and that is ok. Maybe I will even discontinue its use in the future. For now I am fine with it, since I don't put too much emphasis on it and don't drink so much of it anyway. Deep meditation is far more important for me at the moment. Still, amaroli seems not to do any harm and, over time, it seems to have some very beneficial effects.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000