Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Meditation Group In Calgary, AB Canada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  9:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just letting anyone in the central Alberta area that I am starting a once a week AYP meditation group. Please let me know one way or the other if you are interested in attending.
In Love,
CarsonZi

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  01:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, I can't join in because I'm at the tail end of another country, but I would if I could. I did group meditations for years when younger and have started with another group meditation at work. You just can't describe the serenity, the almost palpable energy and the depth until you've experienced it. So, rock on old son! Or, hee hee, have a wonderful experience.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  06:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck with your group, Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  10:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kathy/Katrine,

I am hoping to have both this (I call it my "personal") meditation group as well as the "drug addict" based med group up and running by mid October. If anyone knows of people in my area that might be interested in participating, please don't hesitate to have them contact me directly or through the forum here.
Thanks for the encouragement!

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  2:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quick Update for anyone in Central Alberta....
The Calgary AYP meditation group is starting Tuesday October 21st between 7 and 8pm. Please contact me directly should you be in the area and want to attend and I will send you my address. Look forward to meeting the few AYPers who have already said they're coming.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  9:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Quick Update for anyone in Central Alberta....
The Calgary AYP meditation group is starting Tuesday October 21st between 7 and 8pm. Please contact me directly should you be in the area and want to attend and I will send you my address. Look forward to meeting the few AYPers who have already said they're coming.

In Love,
CarsonZi

send me a plane ticket and I will come up for one
i am funny if only to myself
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  11:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well....yesterday was our first group meeting and it could have been worse....no one could have shown up. There was only three of us, and we all were AYPers already so I didn't have to really teach anything we could just sit there and enjoy the silence together. The evening seemed to turn out quite positively and I think everyone (plus two more) will be there again next week. A modest start but a start none the less. Now we have something to build upon.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  12:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even three, even two can flow in calm, serene and powerful energy. It can be very good if you continue...

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

Yes, that is what we noticed as well. Even with just three of us the energy was palpably positive. We will be continuing weekly hopefully with a few more participants as well. This is just one of my meditation groups though. This one being a little more casual and personal. The other one is talked about here...http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#39184 and a few postings above and below.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  1:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just letting everyone know who currently attends this meditation group that I have accepted a second job working at a homeless shelter and I am switching the day to Thursdays instead of Tuesdays.
Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 05 2008 12:28:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000