AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Amaroli - Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  03:54:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I understand that amaroli can be a very beneficial practice for our health. Me, being a novice that hasn't yet broken the psychological barrier have a few question

Could amaroli be considered a kind of dependency? I understand amaroli is to be done every day for the long term for results to be seen. So, if we stop amaroli then will we revert to our previous state of "poorer health"? If so it can be considered a dependency since we maintain good health by sustaining its practice only.

And I have a strange image about people who do amaroli (although I only met one!). I know it must be a stigma of mine but I imagine amaroli to be like some kind of steroid or something: making people stronger and healthier no doubt but in some sort of "artificial", non-natural way. Care to comment?

Thank you!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000