Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  8:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~
Hello Folks-
I have been working with the initial stages of kechari.
To my chagrin, the technique has its challanges.
Has any one found an easy ( relatively speaking)way to get this technique go'n? I try every day while driving, during pranayam, and whenever I remember, I practice. I just can't seem to get the tongue back to (and stablize) in the soft tissue area.
Finger pushing only ends up slobbering all over in spittle... no thanks. I was thinking of a tongue depressor to assist (gently).
Being of wood there would be good contact (wet to try cofficients
and all that), but have not pursued it as yet.
I also tried a side-slide which got me closer - a turning of the tongue to one side then moving it to the soft tissue - this has some promise.
Any "cutting" is out of the question - if serious results come from the experience in initial trials, then maybe an maybe I would consider cutting. To those that have cut, I salute you.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Regards,
Frank in San Diego

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  10:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Frank,
I have found that by just practicing every day the tongue seems to relax more. It is just like trying to stretch any body part. It takes some time. I have noticed that it helps to relax the tongue between stretching strains. Try to go back towards the soft palate but relax a little. Spend some time there. The tongue will eventually increase it's ability to stretch. It is well worth the effort although at times, especially in the beginning, it can get a little tiring and frustrating. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day right?
Best of luck!
Paul
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  11:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Frank,

I can't add much to what Paul says, but I can say that the 'finger help' btw is not for this stage, but for later when you are trying to get the tongue into the nasal pharynx.

You could consider putting something large inside your mouth, appropriately shaped to hold your tongue back and in place. You could experiment with sculpting part of an apple for the purpose. Or a big lump of play-dough.

-D

quote:
Originally posted by Frank-in-SanDiego

Hari Om
~~~~~
Finger pushing only ends up slobbering all over in spittle... no thanks.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Aug 10 2005 11:30:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000