Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing - locations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  1:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello folks,
Wondered if any one wished to comment on this...
For spinal pranayam we go from the bottom of the spinal cord
or perineum (muladhara) up to/through the spinal column
( also called the village of the senses!) to the place between
the brow called the ajna chakra.
Is there a reason we go here and not the next chakra called the sahasrara chakra? Nice straight line from the bottom to the top.
Perhpaps going to the brow location is Technique A and going to the top of the head is Technique B? IF so , I would suspect a different result?
I bring this up not to cause confusion but to better appreciate the technique and its fruits. Typcailly "Siva" is said to reside in this top location chakra.

Any comments are welcomed.

Frank in San Diego

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Frank,
The AYP method is to go to the brow. This is the smoothest route. Going to the sahasrara could create some excess energies that the body may or may not be able to handle safely, especially in the beginning stages. I have experimented some going to sahasrara a little bit, but I trust Yogani. He hasn't led me astray let.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  2:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello Frank,

>> Nice straight line from the bottom to the top.
Perhpaps going to the brow location is Technique A and going to the top of the head is Technique B?

Going to the ajna (brow) rather than the crown is very intentional. This is because premature crown opening is dangerous. The idea is to stimulate and integrate the Ajna (command) center first. Then the crown is awakened safely later.

Let me make an analogy:

The Ajna is the 'ship's captain' of the body.

The crown is Shiva, who is beyond life and death, and to whom there is no difference between a floating ship and a sinking ship.

To be in the crown is to be the one who is beyond death and who does not care what lives or dies. It's not the one to run a ship directly. You don't want your body governed by that energy, not without a good strong captain mediating.

See in particular

http://www.aypsite.org/201.html

also (for more about crown awakening)

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

quote:
Originally posted by Frank-in-SanDiego

Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello folks,
Wondered if any one wished to comment on this...
For spinal pranayam we go from the bottom of the spinal cord
or perineum (muladhara) up to/through the spinal column
( also called the village of the senses!) to the place between
the brow called the ajna chakra.
Is there a reason we go here and not the next chakra called the sahasrara chakra? Nice straight line from the bottom to the top.
Perhpaps going to the brow location is Technique A and going to the top of the head is Technique B? IF so , I would suspect a different result?
I bring this up not to cause confusion but to better appreciate the technique and its fruits. Typcailly "Siva" is said to reside in this top location chakra.

Any comments are welcomed.

Frank in San Diego

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000