AYPsite.org Forum
 AYP Helpers
 AYP Meditation One Sheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

will.iam

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit will.iam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

I am in contact with a few prisoners lately. The rules are that I can not give them anything of value. I am able to give them business cards and papers. I was thinking that it would be a great way to spread the word if there was a "one sheet" one page describing the practice, how to do it, and all the precautions. Has anyone come up with such a thing.

I envisioned it as a piece of paper folded in half, like a book. This gives four sides and would be easy to give to an inmate. If anyone is interested in this let me know.

Cheers,
Bill

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 12 2008 8:52:47 PM

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  11:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill:

I think if you make the proper arrangements with the Prison in advance you could send them a few copies of the Deep Meditation book. I happen to have some extra copies which I will be happy to send to you if you e-mail me an address to send them to.

Good Luck:

Guy
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  3:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill:

Guy's suggestion would be preferred (the small Enlightenment Series books are designed for that), but if that won't work, feel free to do a one sheet summary like you have suggested. I'll be happy to take a look at it.

If you do come up with something, we should make the end product openly available to others for similar use. It would be a toe in the water, and those with whom it resonates can move on to further reading on deep meditation and rest of the practices.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

will.iam

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  11:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit will.iam's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not allowed to give "anything of value" to the prisoners, so I can't really give them a book. Thats why I was thinking of a "one sheet".
I'll organize it like this (unless someone has a better idea):

Introduction
Mantra Meditation
The Mantra
What to expect
How to handle progress
Where to find out more information
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  1:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bill:

Looks good. Let me know when you have something.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Myself and a friend have had unusual experiences - and have heard of others - when it comes to dealing with prisoners and bureaucracy as well.

For some unknown reason, spiritual books and some personal growth information just seems to get through the system. We decided that if it was meant to happen - it will!

I personally sent someone information on AYP and techniques to help drug addiction and it all went through, even though there are strict rules about printed paper, books etc not being accepted.

A few years ago a person went to prison with the book The Celestine Prophecy in his belongings. All his belongings were locked away until his release - except The Celestine Prophecy book.

It was read by nearly all the inmates, for months it was circulated and it can only be presumed that is was 'meant to be' and helped many people.

So, my suggestion would be to send whatever you can anyway and see what happens - leave it to the greater power that seems to have more 'power' than any human enforced system..

Amaargi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  06:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe we could set up something where we could donate money to a small fund to make the deep meditation books available for free for prisoners? You could argue that it has no value because it is free?

But the one sheet idea is great for starters William.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 30 2008 06:26:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000