AYP Helpers
 New AYP book topics?!?!?!?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  03:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

Maybe this has been covered before in literary form.... but I've always wondered about exactly how does one LIVE their yoga practice? Given the possible topics for future AYP books, I think this is one that many people are curious about....

Like how does one live out the 8 limbs? What does it look like in this Modern Western Lifestyle we live in? Or how can we apply this to Social Action? How do we create a better world through our AYP practice? Any thoughts?

Peace
Cosmic

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  10:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic Troll:

Thanks very much for your support. It goes both ways, of course. AYP can only be what independent practitioners make of it. I am very grateful to everyone who is making a go of it. We have a ways to go to get human spiritual transformation completely out of the closet. Some wonderful strides are occurring around here these days. Bravo!

On the writing and where it is going, this post covers writing plans here over the next couple of years: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3154
I can't make firm commitments beyond finishing the 9 Enlightenment Series books and AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2, all planned to be done by the end of 2008, or maybe into early 2009. Then I'll need a rest.

Beyond that, there are some tentative ideas for books like you are suggesting, on yoga applied in daily living. The ones that are on the tentative list so far include:

Yoga and Money - Keys to Financial Freedom
Yoga, Marriage and Family
Yoga, Death and Dying - A Practical Guide for the Living
Yoga, Politics and Religion - Role of the Individual in a Global Society

That last one is along the broad lines you are suggesting, and it is way simpler than one might expect. Become enlightened, and so will the world. All actions flowing out from that will be for the better -- the irresistible power of constant outpouring divine love, bringing unity to all.

The additional books would be done on a much looser schedule, if they are done at all. My hope is to have the essentials covered by the time AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2 is done. The view is that anything coming from here after that will be icing on the cake. Of course, all views are subject to change.

If anyone has other topic suggestions, feel free to float them. No guarantees, of course.

I am not the only one who can write, and it is hoped that others will wield the keyboard in book-writing mode. Over the long term, the recorded word is far more influential than any living teacher. History has taught us that. What we record here and now has far-reaching consequences. So, by all means, let's do it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  10:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Okay, your tentative list covers what I'm talking about... I kind of take your response as a call to action... I do have some writing abilities... as many on these forums do as well.

Could books written by other people be published under the AYP banner?

Peace
CT
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic_troll

Okay, your tentative list covers what I'm talking about... I kind of take your response as a call to action... I do have some writing abilities... as many on these forums do as well.

Could books written by other people be published under the AYP banner?

Hi CT:

Yes, writing by others is surely encouraged, here in the forums and in published articles and books. All is due course...

And, yes, AYP Publishing could be a vehicle for books. It is fairly easy to do direct download ebooks through the AYP website. Widely distributed paperbacks and Adobe secured ebooks are a bit more involved, but well within reach. When the time comes, the AYP books page could be expanded to cover books by others -- instant visibility to an ever-growing readership.

Of course, content will be the key. Anyone with a book project can contact me whenever it is coming together. Keep in mind that I am pretty tied up for the next year with the AYP writing projects. And after that, who knows? But where there is the will there is a way.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

jupiter

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  10:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jupiter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One suggestion that won't require additional writing but would be still a useful addition is to create a single volume containing all the E-Series books (when the series in complete this year).

This will be a killer compilation of yoga practices and perspectives.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  08:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Or a boxed set

Someone had once said...
"Enlightenment in a Box"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000