Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Some Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  11:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Up till now I thought that you had to say IIIII on the in breath and AAAAAMMMM on the out breath. But the I read in a post that this is not so. So what's the deal?

Also I guess the common conception is that this particular mantra has some kind of cosmic resonance that we are tuning into. I'm just kinda curious about this. Is there anything more to it?

Man i had another question but I forgot. I'll come back when I remember..

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie:

See this lesson for an explanation of the I AM mantra (in relation to OM): http://www.aypsite.org/59.html
And, yes, we don't follow the breath with mantra in AYP deep meditation.

There are also enhancements to the mantra, but that is for later. If you can't resist peeking ahead, check lessons under "Mantra" in the Topic Index.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  5:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very helpful, thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000