Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Vajroli Again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tant Rick

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  5:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tant Rick's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,

I have been practicing Yoga and sexual continence for five years (including Tantra, Hatha, Japa Yoga, Pranayama, etc.).

About one year ago I started put more emphasis on Tantra yoga, self cultivation and other techniques. The self cultivation apparently helped the sexual control.

After I had a very passionate lovemaking with my wife, I had to apply an external locking method, then I decided to start practicing Vajroli Mudra. Sivananda and Andree von Lysebeth consider this Mudra as an "absolute weapon".

I have some questions about this practice I hope you don't mind answering those.

1. I have been practicing this technique for about 2-3 weeks. I noticed that my Lingam became very sensible. When I make love with my wife I often have to stop after some seconds (or minutes) because I'm very sensible (in the past we were making love for an avarage of 30-60 minutes). We couldn't find the exact reason for this sensitivity but we suspect Vajroli. What can I make against this sensitivity? Does Vajroli cause it?

2. I started practicing with a no 8 urethral catheter. When I changed to no 12 for a short time I could draw back some urine from the catheter. (with Uddhina Bandha). I found it very difficult to draw back fluids with the Uddhina Bandha/Nauli (I couldn't). Is there another technique which should be applied?

3. I noticed when I layed back the urine's flow in the catheter is moving with the breathing (also I can influence it with contractions/Uddhyana). I have a feeling that the sitting position makes some muscles in the perineum contract. What is the best position to practice Vajroli?

4. I found it very difficult sucking up water. How long does it take to suck up a glass of water? What should I practice to facilitate this?
Some books talk about sucking up a significant amount of water (a glass for example). Were you able to suck up water? How much? What techniques did you use?

Thank you very much for your answer.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  11:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tant Rick:

The sensitivity you are experiencing could be caused by the inner stimulation of mechanical vajroli with a catheter. Likely it would pass as you become used to the mechanical stimulation. However, you might reconsider the use of the catheter, in view of the below.

I have experience with use of a catheter also, but do not recommend this as part of the AYP system of practices. It is an invasive approach whose rewards do not warrant the risks of infection and other mishaps.

If you check the AYP Tantra Lessons and Tantra book, you will find that we do not go to the extreme of vajroli mudra given in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. It is not necessary and can, in fact, be counter-productive in many cases.

What good is a strategy to recover lost semen, when the primary strategy ought to be staying in front of orgasm and preserving semen inside whether there is orgasm or not? This is why in AYP we use blocking in concert with pre-orgasmic cultivation, instead of going to the trouble of trying to recover the horse after it has left the barn. Better to keep the horse in the barn in the first place.

Furthermore, true vajroli is not a practice, per say, but a natural transformation in neurobiological functioning, which arises with deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, tantric sexual methods, and other means. So it is not necessary to become a gymnast in physical vajroli to achieve the ultimate result, which is the ongoing automatic rise of sexual essences in the neurobiology. This is part of the rise of whole-body "ecstatic conductivity." Much better to focus on deep meditation, spinal breathing, and the preservation and cultivation of sexual energy in less extreme ways. Then, in time, the best over all result will be there.

Success in yoga comes through a balanced integration of a range of effective practices, not from an obsession with any one practice, or class of practices. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. This is very important.

Of course, these are all your decisions, and what you read here is only food for thought.

Wishing you all the best on your chosen path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

See also: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2953#25817
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  5:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excuse my ignorance...but what in the world are you guys talking about? CATHETER???

And I thought drinking my own urine was pushing it...

:)
Go to Top of Page

Tant Rick

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  6:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tant Rick's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much Yogani,

Can I ask how much water could you suck up when you practiced this?

Did you use Uddhyana Bandha in sitting position?

If I use a clean catheter and clean water (or the urine itself) can I get any infection?

Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

Tant Rick

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tant Rick's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

I found this practice first time when I read this book:
http://www.dlshq.org/download/brahmacharya.htm
I really enjoyed it.

I think we can overcome our preconceptions and prejudices when we have deep understanding.

People know few about the sleep for example, how exactly the body is filled up with energy during the sleep. What happens to the excess of that energy, how it's washed away.

But when you mention them the urinotherapy ...
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  10:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I admit I don't know anything about this practice, but I know about using catheters and that you can get a whopping infection if not done properly. You can even get a chronic infection (including up to the kidneys) and not know it. Please take care.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  9:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have taken up reading the article...but it strikes me preliminarily as being only somewhat helpful or applicable to me. He refers to the body and the material world with disdain and disgust. I find this theme repeated throughout yogic and hindu readings I have engaged recently and I am finding an inner conflict with this outlook. I personally do not see the material world, Maya, to be an obstacle to be defeated. Why would God place us here in this situation and surround us with beautiful things and wonderous bodies and have them serve as a mere temptation to go astray - and if we defeat this temptation we return back to him...and who knows what happens next? I think in the spirit of Yogani's teachings that we will graudlly "shed" ourselves of these things as our path in life/lives goes ever forward. If we are prone to the spiritual path should this automatically entail a harsh rejection of God's material creation? Perhaps this is just my "bad ego" speaking. If there is little point in This, why then should there be a point in That?

I think a great moment in the book Siddhartha was when he abandoned the ascetic life and as he was walking away from the Buddha he realized for the first time why he was dissatisfied with his spiritual progress. He realized that his rejection of all things material and Maya, which was what was taught to him as a Brahmin, was incorrect for him and by embracing Siddhartha, the ego, he came full circle. In the book he lives as a samana and finds that although he is even more powerful than the elders, his transendences of the ego were simply tricks - mere diversions and distractions that were momentary and that in the end, he is still Siddhartha. So it is with Anthony at this point.

I will continue reading it though. I am interested in the reasonable conservation of sexual energy and some insight into my changes in sex drive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000