Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 The Consort in Kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kris

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  07:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Within the Tibetan tantric tradition there are instructions to facilitate Kundalini, which employ a consort. It is taught that sexual union can cause the prana to enter the central channel in a deep and profound way.

Having read many links and teachings on AYP concerning Kundalini, tantra and sexuality, I haven’t found 'this' particular concept anywhere (may have missed it though).

Are there similar teachings within this tradition and could the two be feasibly combined?

Regards
Kris

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 03 2007 4:05:56 PM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  9:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kris,

The AYP lessons bring about the awakening of inner energies and the rise of kundalini through a variety of methods including, deep meditation, pranayama spinal breathing, an extensive variety of mudras and bandhas, asanas and well explained tantric practices of staying ahead of ejaculation.

A consort certainly isn't necessary to raise kundalini and it can enter the center channel with or without sexual union in a "deep and profound way" as many here can testify.

You can find out a great deal about any of the above methods by going through the main lessons found here:

http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

Best of luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

Kris

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  09:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
A consort certainly isn't necessary to raise kundalini and it can enter the center channel with or without sexual union in a "deep and profound way" as many here can testify.

Hi Anthem,
Within Tibetan Tantra it is also taught that the kundalini “can enter the center channel with or without sexual union”. An actual consort is not the only means, so perhaps I wasn’t clear with my question.
It is sometimes referred to as “bringing the result into the path” or “transforming poisons”. Whilst other means are also employed (as you outlined) correct consort practice is considered particularly effective.
If I understand correctly, It would appear, from what you have written, that you acknowledge the kundalini can also enter the central channel during sexual union but that this is not accorded any particular ‘status’ vis a vis other means you teach.

Is that right?

Regards
Kris
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kris

quote:

Hi Anthem,
Within Tibetan Tantra it is also taught that the kundalini “can enter the center channel with or without sexual union”. An actual consort is not the only means, so perhaps I wasn’t clear with my question.
It is sometimes referred to as “bringing the result into the path” or “transforming poisons”. Whilst other means are also employed (as you outlined) correct consort practice is considered particularly effective.
If I understand correctly, It would appear, from what you have written, that you acknowledge the kundalini can also enter the central channel during sexual union but that this is not accorded any particular ‘status’ vis a vis other means you teach.

Is that right?

Regards
Kris

Hi Kris,

Thanks for clarifying.

I could see how "correct consort practice" could be an aid on the path to raising kundalini just as tantra practices can be. I personally would (and do) place the emphasis of my efforts with deep meditation and pranayama spinal breathing, and use (tantra) consort practice in a more peripheral way. From my limited perspective on the Tibetan practice, it seems similar to the tantra practices outlined in the AYP lessons, only emphasizing the need for a partner?

To clarify on my end, I don't teach yoga, I just practice it. I have experienced the rise of energy up the spinal nerve during regular sitting practices (and outside of them during regular activity) and during tantra both with and without a partner.

Yes, from my understanding of the lessons, AYP does not afford any special status to raising kundalini through sexual union. AYP uses a multi-facetted approach (including tantra practices) based on the foundation of deep meditation to achieve spiritual transformation.

Having said all of the above, I believe EMC first experienced the inner energies with a partner, so maybe she can comment?

Hope this helps,

A
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experienced my first profound kundalini rush with a partner who functioned as a great catalyst for my own energies to start raising. It was a very brutal awakening. =)

I would certainly agree with the Tibetan teachings:

"It is sometimes referred to as “bringing the result into the path” or “transforming poisons”. Whilst other means are also employed (as you outlined) correct consort practice is considered particularly effective."

It is surely possible to do solo tantra practices and reach great results. However, the design of life here on earth is that Shiva is manifested as Man and Shakti is manifested as Woman and all we are occupied down here is to pair up and join! So when Man and Woman meet in purity and stillness, there's a closure of the circuit. It's a huge celebration of the whole Cosmos! Source divided in two poles, The Masculine and The Feminine; by multiplying and manifesting as Man and Woman in existence we are given an opportunity to salute the Male and Female, to Unite and return to Oneness, The Source (= bringing the result into the path, as my way of seeing it). This is happening during love making. Everything is symbolical. Penis entering the Vagina is like the Light diving into the Darkness. Enormous forces of the universe start to move when that happens in two manifested individuals, and whatever is left of the mud in each is transformed, thus "transforming poisons".

However, it is essential that the Man, who is the projective, is clean and pure enough. If he has a lot of egoic sexuality in him still, he will continue to 'pollute' the Woman, the receptive, and the result will inevitably be emotionality and discomfort in the woman (not seldom expressed as disease or troublesome PMS).

The Female is tired of sex, and the Male is renewing, becoming more noble - it's in the evolution, our DNA is changing! It is time for humanity to raise consciousness beyond sex. And man, as manifested Truth, must go first. If woman continues to satisfy with sex, she is bound to have more suffering in her life, more experience, until she is ready to Love the Love that she is and put Love in front of sex.

In my experience, and also taught by for example Barry Long, a very significant sign in the man while making love is the hardness of the erection. A hard erection means he is still into sex in his mind. A soft erection, firm but able to bend, is present when the man is pure and has put his personal desires aside.

My body freezes and is unreceptible to sex nowadays. It closes down. On the other hand, only a kiss on the forehead or a glance over the dinner table from a man who is radiating Pure Male Energy in stillness totally blows me away! Literally. My spine bends backwards and I may fall off the chair, being thrown backwards of the forces that start to flow, and I swirl away into God knows what... Immense forces we are dealing with in pure tantra, dragging down the Big Bang into our bodies, since all of that is happening NOW, always has been and always will be now. It's the true power of NOW.

But don't believe my for God's sake! I may babble a lot of junk as well since I'm purifying and stumble ahead on this road. Go inside and see for yourself!

I would strongly recommend Barry Longs teachings on this issue. Bernie Prior is about to come out with a book, but it's not released yet. Lots of videos on Youtube can be found with Barry, and a few with Bernie.

www.barrylong.org
www.bernieprior.org

Edited by - emc on Oct 03 2007 4:06:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  4:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  5:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Solo tantra is absolutly do-able.

When i just started the path that would lead me here, i was with ah girl, afterwards i felt profound but small bliss and energy riseing.

If you have the techniques, a girl is not needed, yet master the techniques, and have a partner who has also masterd them, and your result is surely to be better than that if not masterd.

Solo mastery prepares one for a consort, lol. two masterd at the same technique, is better than 1, or none. (=
Go to Top of Page

Kris

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  5:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
However, the design of life here on earth is that Shiva is manifested as Man and Shakti is manifested as Woman and all we are occupied down here is to pair up and join! So when Man and Woman meet in purity and stillness, there's a closure of the circuit. It's a huge celebration of the whole Cosmos! Source divided in two poles, The Masculine and The Feminine; by multiplying and manifesting as Man and Woman in existence we are given an opportunity to salute the Male and Female, to Unite and return to Oneness, The Source (= bringing the result into the path, as my way of seeing it).

Hi EMC,
Many thanks for your inspirational story. It gladdens my heart just to read it, to have it confirmed that escape from samsara is possible through this river of fire and bliss. In Tibetan tantra the union is called the union of bliss and emptiness. This is the result of the path. The shakti is awakened by the inner fire and flows generating great bliss. The awareness holds this bliss as its object and it dissolves into freedom and complete non-duality with it.
I think that ordinary sex is just the lowest manifestation of this sublime bliss.

Many thanks
Kris
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  05:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,

quote:
On the other hand, only a kiss on the forehead or a glance over the dinner table from a man who is radiating Pure Male Energy in stillness totally blows me away! Literally. My spine bends backwards and I may fall off the chair, being thrown backwards of the forces that start to flow, and I swirl away into God knows what...

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was touched by a friend of mine who is really pure. It sent me into a state of rapture for about 15 hours. It was not a sexual thing as it was a friend who, although she is very beautiful, I have no sexual connection with. It was a pure energy thing, something inside me responding to the purity and devotion for God inside her. I didn't get the externally noticeable spasms, or falling off the chair thing that you get, it all happened inside, like a whirling, or spiralling of 2 currents up through my whole body just for a few seconds, and then 15 hours of rapture.

I am glad that it happens to you too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000